Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pschology class

Default Pschology class

Hey all! I was in my psych class today and we were the discussing the topic of hypnosis.

Through the boredom of listening to the lecture and notetaking, I heard a type of hypnosis that deals with age regression. It caught my eye because I didn't expect for that to be part of hypnosis.

The notes said something along the lines of "most doctors use this type of hypnosis to help patients regress to a child like state to help remember trauma of some sort." But, it is not used much because patients just pretended to be in their child mindset.

That got me thinking, is that how AB came to be?

I don't know, just something to ponder, what are your thoughts about that?

-Scar

Cherub

I'm going to say I highly doubt that is how AB/DL came to be. My reason for my belief is that I am AB/DL and I was never hypnotized by any doctor. I had some rough moments growing up, and whether or not those had anything to do with me being AB/DL is really anybody's guess.

But that;s my thoughts on your topic.

Agreed, this isn't the source of ABDL. I've never been hypnotized, and I've ABDL-identified since about 2 years old.

That got me thinking, is that how AB came to be?
    If this is so, the 25k or more AB/DLs on this planet to me would then be the product of a massive conspiracy of the Big Adult Incontinence industry.

So trixys they are.

What do you exactly mean?
    I guess, as Cherub already said, that there is no AB/DL that is the way it is simply coz of some hypnosis.
    If you mean, that ABs are switching to a mental state from a child due to some trauma in their past... well that could be.
    But (a big but), that may just be some, we have no statistics, so it could be from 5- up to 50%. I guess a rather small amount.

Psychological considered are all AB/DL, Sissys and Little Girls/Boys regressing into that mental state, because they simply have that little being inside them (a Freudian would call it "id" ) or are playing it.
    Anyway taken this into perspective for a regression on itself because of something that happened in the past, yes ofc this can happen.
    From the pure definition it would be Infantilism. Learned helplessness as a defense mechanism. (correct me if i'm wrong, that's not really my special field)

As a different example, there is also a small minority from abused girls, which tend to wear diapers as a kind of protection.

As far as my understanding about this sort of "hypnosis" (rather a form of relaxation / hypno-therapy) goes, it's intention is actually not to "regress" anyone into a child-like state, but to help remembering stuff from back then, by familiarization, easing of built-up "walls". by suggestions.
    And therein lies the "danger" people who are receptive to that form of suggestion will often mix / re-interpret partial memories with a mix of assumed-memories and influenced-"fake"-memories "implanted" by the hypno-therapist.
    So at least when I used to take psychology classes and that type of hypnosis/hypno-therapy was discussed to some extend it was labeled as being heavily criticized for yielding wrong "results", inconclusive results, often leaving a patient a lot more in the dark than before, as there's a lot of additional doubt/stress to deal with coming from that kind of often "manipulated" memories.

But to your question, about *this* being the source of ABism? No.

Given that the number of ABs who had hypnosis before realising they were AB it would seem obvious that it couldn't possibly be the cause of being an AB for most ABs. Considering the number of ABs who have had hypnosis in any form is more than enough to discredit this idea, it would reveal that very few here have had any form of hypnosis let alone age regression hypnosis.

As far as my understanding about this sort of "hypnosis" (rather a form of relaxation / hypno-therapy) goes, it's intention is actually not to "regress" anyone into a child-like state, but to help remembering stuff from back then, by familiarization, easing of built-up "walls". by suggestions.
    And therein lies the "danger" people who are receptive to that form of suggestion will often mix / re-interpret partial memories with a mix of assumed-memories and influenced-"fake"-memories "implanted" by the hypno-therapist.
    So at least when I used to take psychology classes and that type of hypnosis/hypno-therapy was discussed to some extend it was labeled as being heavily criticized for yielding wrong "results", inconclusive results, often leaving a patient a lot more in the dark than before, as there's a lot of additional doubt/stress to deal with coming from that kind of often "manipulated" memories.

But to your question, about *this* being the source of ABism? No.

How a "fetish" (I know... this doesn't strictly apply to all ABs) or any sort of "Alternate ID" (No, it's not a multiple identity thing - that kind of stuff on it's own has been highly debated) is "initiated" in most cases, is VERY hard to pint-point and highly individual.
    From varying trigger moments to what some would call a natural predisposition to specific experiences (traumatic or not), ... there's so many theories and ideas about how such stuff gets started out there and whilst there certainly are *some* "text-book"-cases out there amongst the DL/AB/Fetish/Alternative-Lifestyle/whatever crowd, I don't think that there's any general-answer to the "why".

Without going out on a limb, I can apply self-reflection on my own DLism quite easily:
    I grew up being incontinent, bedwetting etc... I never was "neglected" or mistreated or abused in any way. School was hell, at least at first, but again, not to the point where I couldn't deal with it.... But whilst whishing nothing more than to be rid of the damn IC, of the bedwetting, of the need for diapers, none the less, during my early puberty I started to get sexually attracted / attached to diapers. to the "security" they provide, to the "comfort".
    Now certainly this has A LOT to do with experiencing my first orgasm / masturbation / experimentation in that regard whilst being IN DIAPERS... so I have certainly formed some sort of "memory" by getting psycho-emotional gratification from the diaper.
    It certainly also "helped" (if involuntarily) to take away a lot of the "hate" from the object - an object I was kind of aware not be be able to get rid of easily...
    I guess it's one part of a "coping strategy" my subconscious mind has developed.
    However if you could apply strict "logic" to this, than EVERY bedwetter/IC out there who had to deal with diapers during his puberty would have to feel the same about the diapers... and that most certainly isn't true I guess (although that would be interesting ).
    So that implies, that naturally there must have been other factors in the mix for making me not just a bedwetter & Incontinent, but someone who also became rather fond of the diapers - desiring the very object I tried/wanted so hard to be rid from. This on it's own caused a lot of controversial feelings.

Arguably there's a few theories that stuff like a fetish gets "imprinted" / "ingrained" quite early on in your life (far earlier than puberty,..)... so that would mean, that maybe my "predisposition" towards getting sexually attracted to diapers didn't start with puberty, but was there in a subconscious layer for far longer than that... and then it got "triggered"...

I guess we will not know with certainty how that goes....
    And my own case is just to say, it's VERY different from what someone else maybe has "turned" into an AB.

bigbabyderek2012

i have never been hypnotized and i have in touch with my AB/DL side for as long as i can remember. You see my AB/DL side was born not because of hypnosis but due to me being in the psych ward throughout my childhood and teen years because they could not diagnose me properly and threw around diagnosising me until i was 18 when they finally got the diagnosis right when i told them i did research and found out the diagnosis infantilism, so I never really had a normal childhood and mom did not want to deal with me being who i was at that time.

Um... aren't you all taking this a bit literally...?

I thought the OP was sort-of saying that, with a little hypnosis, everyone can discover their "inner child"... and was maybe(?) asking if that deep "lowered defence" state of mind that everyone seems to have is the source of AB/DL-ism-ology-isation... In which case I'd probably agree...