Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Troubled

Default Feeling Troubled

I've been having some trouble lately. Recently I've been feeling ashamed of my AB/DL side. Part of me thinks and knows I shouldn't be but I still am. I can't help but think of how ridiculous and freaky I must look. It's been making me a bit depressed and out of sorts. I know I can't be the only one who's felt like this so anyone have any words of advice? Some encouragement might help too.

We have all been there my friend, there is no reason to feel ashamed, this is a lifestyle not a fetish, no matter how hard you try to get away from it, it will always come back. Take it from someone who has tried multiple times to get away from this lifestyle with no success and eventually came to accept it

Periods like this are normal. We all have to go through the journey of self-acceptance, but there are times when we "relapse" into thinking we're wrong. There's nothing wrong with being a bit down on your AB side sometimes.

When I get like this, I often take a little break to do other things. I find that " overdosing" is a big cause if feelings of shame - and even when it isn't, a break helps renew my mind and my confidence. I like to go on long walks, play video games, hang with friends, pray, or sing (alone!) Doing something else for a while can really help refresh your mind and keep a healthy perspective.

Remember: you're OK the way you are, and there are lots of ABs just like you. Don't ever feel like yours a freak, because you're only as weird as the rest of the world. Hope the grey skies clear up soon :-)

If it helps, be assured that you're living one of the best-kept secrets, as it were, to a happier and more impactful life and don't feel the need to turn to crass materialism, drugs, drama and otherwise acting like an A-hole to make yourself feel better. "You are what you is" - God doesn't make mistakes. In fact, when I have moments where I'm doing what you're doing - looking at myself and feeling ridiculous like you must be - I imagine that's how God sees all of us, regardless of whether we're wearing silk shirts and gold chains, or a bib and a diaper. Just tell the Enemy: "SFW! Who cares? My "Dad" has seen me at my worst and still pours out his love on me"
    Pardon me if I'm a bit OTT here; you do have a Third Day sig and not that many unchurched people are fans that I know of

If none of what I'm saying is making any sense, just objectively analyze the situation and you'll land on the square that shows this is a natural part of the binge/ purge cycle. If you haven't read the Article here on that, I highly recommend it, helped bring me a fair bit of comfort

Hi
    I have been having some similar fellings lately. It has been about 6 weeks since I started working on exceptance. The emphisis is "working on". I still have doughts and concerns. I have been going back to some of the coping tools from past therapies and I would give that as a suggestion. Dont take on the whole felling ashamed issue at once, but go back and find one thread of the felling and work with that. Do the 6 w's and what is the curnel of truth to the felling and go from their.

And trust me I am still struggling with control/balance issues and what is enough time spent on ABDL and were is the absessive compulsive line and am I getting to close to crossing it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ScarecrowJoe View Post
    I've been having some trouble lately. Recently I've been feeling ashamed of my AB/DL side. Part of me thinks and knows I shouldn't be but I still am. I can't help but think of how ridiculous and freaky I must look. It's been making me a bit depressed and out of sorts. I know I can't be the only one who's felt like this so anyone have any words of advice? Some encouragement might help too.
    Ridiculousness and freakiness are in the eye of the beholder. People might judge, but what do they know? You (with the possible exception of a few people close to you) are the only person who ever needs to know about or see this part of your life. The fact of the matter is: it's a part of you and it doesn't harm anyone else.

For me, I think I can accept myself once I a). realize that this is an inextricable part of me, and b). think about what positive can come from indulging. I am not going to change, but I feel better when I indulge. The question is: what will make me happiest? Suppression is not the answer. Society will call you weird because it can't imagine being like you. That's not your problem nor your fault. Work with what you have. Convention may never accept ABDLs, but ABDLs can certainly accept themselves.

Not to make light of your concerns but they made me think of this: xkcd: Dignified. I think if you consider it more objectively, either everything we do is ridiculous or nothing is. It's all what we make of it. In terms of being way off from expectations, I'm a bit further being more than twenty years your senior. My days of looking particularly smokin' in a diaper, if they ever existed, are well on their way out. Still, in twenty years, you'll be in the same position, and the sooner you start to get comfortable with it and with yourself the better off you will be. Try to look at yourself with some sympathy. We're often our own harshest critics.

Thanks you guys! I'm feeling a little better now after reading your responses and a couple of the articles on here. I'm currently wearing a diaper and am feeling pretty comfortable in it. I'm still not completely over my "purge" phase and I doubt I'll be out of the cycle anytime soon but I'm gonna take it little by little. So again, thanks for the support.

Glad to hear :-) the cycles come and go, but you can always choose what to do with them. Don't give up, and remember you've got a community here. Keep us posted!

I've gone through the exact same thing before but I took time to think about it and I decided that if I enjoy wearing diapers then so be it, no one is going to tell me I am wrong.