Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mainland Europe diaper sizing

Default Mainland Europe diaper sizing

I am spending a year in France for university and I wanted to know does anyone know what diaper (size) I need for 32 inch waist. I know that Tena is the popular one in Europe and if you have those sizes that would've great.

I know that this is a fairly popular thread but could not find it anywhere.
    Thanks in advance

Zpeed

im around 39-40" and fit into a medium, tight fit
    Large might fit me better, but i prefer it low-rise

I think diaper sizes are fairly constant. My waist size is roughly somewhere between about 28" and 32" and I always find that the small diapers are way too small, while mediums fit almost perfectly (although if my waist was 26" or less, I'd probably go for the small).

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    although if my waist was 26" or less, I'd probably go for the small.
    I'd say with 27" or less, but it depends on your taste in the end.
    For me small fits fine; i'm between 26/27 inch.

Hayleexx, in your case i would go for M, they should fit perfectly.

Heyleexxx, I'd say M - maybe small in some cases... but M should do nicely.

I'm a 30" waist and I wear a medium size Tena Slip Maxi. I've tried the small size and although I could get it on it was a tight fit and rubbed my legs. I changed to a medium and it's much more comfortable - it also holds more
    If you're going to buy Tena Maxi (it really is a great nappy) I'd make sure to order the Slip. They're plastic backed and although they rustle a bit they get quiet when you start to fill it. The waistband still makes a bit of noise but I like that. I doubt if anyone would notice the noise but if you're self conscious about it you might consider wearing a onesie. The Maxi is great for wearing day or night and I haven't had one leak yet even though I'm a side sleeper. One tip that's worth mentioning - fold the diaper in the centre, lengthwise before putting it on. Tena recommend this and I find it helps centre my 'bits' as I'm putting my nappy on.
    Last edited by inconchris; 11-Mar-2013 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Bracedforlife View Post
    If you're going to buy Tena Maxi (it really is a great nappy) I'd make sure to order the Slip. They're plastic backed and although they rustle a bit they get quiet when you start to fill it.
    they're not plastic backed anymore :/
    Or you were lucky enough to find very old supply of Tena Maxi.

If you like another good diaper, you could try Abena, it's not too complicated to find in France, especially in medical supply store. If you're a plastic backed aficionado, go for the molicare (I personnaly like the purple color)

Quote Originally Posted by koda42 View Post
    they're not plastic backed anymore :/
    Or you were lucky enough to find very old supply of Tena Maxi.
    Tena still supply a plastic backed diaper in the UK and I imagine they do in Europe although I don't know about the US. The Tena SLIP Maxi is plastic whereas the Tena FLEX Maxi is cloth backed. A little confusing I know.

I wasn't clear sorry. But, according to where OP is going, I wanted to point out that Tena does not do plastic backed in France. (Trust me, I looked.. a lot.. T_T)