Thread: AB Diapers - UK Cuddlz vs. US Brands

Default AB Diapers - UK Cuddlz vs. US Brands

Would be interested in other peoples views on the AB diapers available in the UK and USA.

I'm from the UK and have generally used cuddlz, which I always found to be pretty good. However, I've been over in sunny (although also sometimes wet & cold!) CA for the last two weeks and used the opportunity to try various diapers from the Bambinos website (great that they do sample packs).

My feeling is that the ones over here are *way* better, especially the Bellissimo and the Teddy ones - They seem much thicker, more babyish and generally better made. But what do other people think?

Default Re: AB Diapers - UK Cuddlz vs. US Brands

I've never tried the Cuddlz brand, but I was under the impression that they were made at par to each other. I've wondered the samething about them and Bambino. The Cuddlz website does have a better offering of other items it seems than our AB market places. I've been wanting to try the waddle onesie, but I don't see myself paying $120.00+ for it, shipping is expensive.

I've never worn an actual adult baby diaper, but I've always been told that the American brands are much better than the English brands. I've seen people with Cushies, Babminos and Cuddlz at a certain club in London and I have to agree. The cost of importing them makes it impractical for most of us though, so at least we do have the option of Cuddlz here.

I think cuddlz have a monopoly in the uk, they are the only ab brand her, so have no competition, the need some to help drive up standees and down prices. If bambino or Abu sold in the uk it would be a different story

I am from the US and I have tried just about every major brand, cuddlz being my least favorite. They fit me really odd and compared to my other diapers, they just weren't up to par. My go-to diaper is the Molicare Super Plus, every diaper I wear I compare to that because it is my favorite, bellissimos a close second. Honestly Cuddlz just let me down, I paid a lot for those diapers and they didn't perform for what I had to pay to get them over here. Bambinos are amazing. All their diapers are great.

I tried a couple of samples of Cuddlz and while they were very absorbent I wasn't impressed at all. The fit was poor and the tapes very weak (4 out of 8 tapes on 2 nappies snapped off before I could even tape it up and I ended up taping them on with parcel tape).

Quote Originally Posted by norfolkrider View Post
    I think cuddlz have a monopoly in the uk, they are the only ab brand her, so have no competition, the need some to help drive up standees and down prices. If bambino or Abu sold in the uk it would be a different story
    I think this is very true, they have no competition in the UK. Shame I have no space in my luggage

I've not tried cuddlz for a while, might try a sample sometime and see if they've improved since last time. the best I've found so far are the fabines, which are well worth the cost of importing from germany. And if you don't mind extending Christmas they've got all their unsold crimbo stock on sale last time I checked.

I've got a pretty reasonable amount of space and could take a pallete delivery, so I guess when I can afford one I'll organize something from the US mabye in the summer, by which time I'd imagine the exchange rates will be favorable enough to mitigate the shipping costs, since it seems that the germans want their gold back, and the yanks kinda turned it all into oil, then burnt it inefficiently.