Thread: Returning Member

factoryrat

Default Returning Member

Hey all,

I used to be an adisc member a couple years ago. Figured I'd hop back on here now that I have a functioning computer again.

As my name may suggest, I currently work in a factory. In my spare time (which isn't much actually) I like to play World of Warcraft and other video games, go bowling, or just cuddle up with my girlfriend and watch a movie.

Any other questions feel free to ask, I'll answer openly and honestly.

Take care all!!

Quote Originally Posted by factoryrat View Post
    Hey all,

I used to be an adisc member a couple years ago. Figured I'd hop back on here now that I have a functioning computer again.

As my name may suggest, I currently work in a factory. In my spare time (which isn't much actually) I like to play World of Warcraft and other video games, go bowling, or just cuddle up with my girlfriend and watch a movie.

Take care all!!
    Ahh, bowling. It's the one activity I keep promising to get back into the habit of and then another several years go by before someone suggests it again.

When I get free time I'm usually tinkering with my mopeds or playing a musical instrument, or messing with my 'tiels to get them to whistle.

What does your factory make?

factoryrat

We make automotive compressors where I work. A lot of long hours and hard labor but I thrive on physical work so that's fine by me.

I haven't bowled much since a neck surgery back in '10, but I'm slowly getting back into it. I do miss averaging 160-170 though lol

Hey all,

Take care all!!

Welcome back factoryrat! It's really wonderful to have you here again, I hope that you find it easy to stay this time around too! I'm so glad you got a functioning computer again, let's hope that whatever happened to the last one doesn't happen to this one! I'm sure that with your hard work, you deserve some appliances to stick around for you.

WoW is neat, though I've never actually gotten into it myself. I find it very brave of people to just play games surrounded by all types of different people, and in an environment like that.. I've seen some people be harsh to each other. I'm not strong enough to just brush it off, so I'm always very much well-thinking of people who are.. who can play MMO games without being really scared. Are there some other games you play? You just mentioned video games, would love to hear you go into specifics!

For the unknowing as well, would you feel comfortable explaining how you got interested in diapers and how you originally found this place? I mean.. if that's too nosy then don't worry about it, but this place.. if you remember, is a wonderful and supportive place and I'm sure you'll find lots of kindness and encouragement if you did.

Have a ton of fun. Some heavy fun! *giggles*

We make automotive compressors where I work. A lot of long hours and hard labor but I thrive on physical work so that's fine by me.

I haven't bowled much since a neck surgery back in '10, but I'm slowly getting back into it. I do miss averaging 160-170 though lol
    steering, brake booster, climate control, emissions control or turbo/ supercharger? I would guess power steering or air conditioning.

When I bowled on a children's league I averaged 180, but the past few recreational games has been around 150! As I mentioned, I've been going too long between frames

I'm also the type of person who always needs something in their hands to be working on.

Gigglemuffins brings up a couple of really good points, this is really the best space to share what brought you here. I've noticed a few times in my life through hazy memories. I was a chronic night wetter until I reached 18, and as a result I was forced to wear a cloth diaper under my clothes once by my parents; I was embarassed and ashamed, but something about the sensation brought comfort. I suppose I thought it was all behind me until recently out of nowhere. Actually, someone on Wrongplanet turned the switch on in my head with a few posts about DL there, but I'm happy to be here.

factoryrat

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    steering, brake booster, climate control, emissions control or turbo/ supercharger? I would guess power steering or air conditioning.

When I bowled on a children's league I averaged 180, but the past few recreational games has been around 150! As I mentioned, I've been going too long between frames

I'm also the type of person who always needs something in their hands to be working on.

Gigglemuffins brings up a couple of really good points, this is really the best space to share what brought you here. I've noticed a few times in my life through hazy memories. I was a chronic night wetter until I reached 18, and as a result I was forced to wear a cloth diaper under my clothes once by my parents; I was embarassed and ashamed, but something about the sensation brought comfort. I suppose I thought it was all behind me until recently out of nowhere. Actually, someone on Wrongplanet turned the switch on in my head with a few posts about DL there, but I'm happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Welcome back factoryrat! It's really wonderful to have you here again, I hope that you find it easy to stay this time around too! I'm so glad you got a functioning computer again, let's hope that whatever happened to the last one doesn't happen to this one! I'm sure that with your hard work, you deserve some appliances to stick around for you.

WoW is neat, though I've never actually gotten into it myself. I find it very brave of people to just play games surrounded by all types of different people, and in an environment like that.. I've seen some people be harsh to each other. I'm not strong enough to just brush it off, so I'm always very much well-thinking of people who are.. who can play MMO games without being really scared. Are there some other games you play? You just mentioned video games, would love to hear you go into specifics!

For the unknowing as well, would you feel comfortable explaining how you got interested in diapers and how you originally found this place? I mean.. if that's too nosy then don't worry about it, but this place.. if you remember, is a wonderful and supportive place and I'm sure you'll find lots of kindness and encouragement if you did.

Have a ton of fun. Some heavy fun! *giggles*
    Sorry for the delay, been busy the last week.

To answer you both, my urge to wear diapers goes back to when I was potty training. I used to put on several Pull-Ups at once because I liked the bulkiness and I liked to waddle around :P When I was 7 the urges went away and didn't resurface until I was about 12, but even then it was more of a curiosity. When I got my first job at 16 I ended up buying some cheap Walgreens brand diapers and wearing them, and it's just snowballed from there lol Nowadays I have a girlfriend who knows about the diapers and is okay with it, I posted the full story on the diaper talk forums. I pretty much only wear them when I feel like it, which could be 7 days in one week or once every 3 weeks, I just keep some handy for when I want them.

Air conditioning. The line I work on is making a new style called a Variable compressor, the ones I deal with are bought by GM and Chrysler for brand new models but my company is expanding to include compressors for all customers, which includes Honda, Ford, FIAT, and some others.

As for the other video games I play, I used to play Call of Duty until Modern Warfare 3 came out, and the way they made it so better players get handicapped based on their previous skill levels while newer players get buffed because they're new turned me off from the game, because I didn't like that I spent years becoming good at the game just to end up getting killed by 1 stray bullet while needing to hit others with an entire magazine to kill them lol
    I also play StarCraft 2 (haven't bought Heart of the Swarm yet, though it's in my plans), Prototype, InFamous, Guitar Hero, Final Fantasy, and Diablo 3. I've been a PlayStation kid since the first one came out so I'm kinda loyal to the brand, though I don't harp on about it like a fanboy :P

Also my girlfriend has recently gotten me back into playing Magic: The Gathering, which I've played on-and-off my whole life. Since I have no intentions of letting this one go might be playing it for quite some time to come lol

I probably don't have to say it, but you are one very fortunate dude to have a partner that accepts you as you are AND shares your enthusiasm for other interests. She sounds like a diamond.

From what I got off Wiki, it appears your company makes scaled down miniature versions of HVAC units for buildings, definitely an emerging technology. I was secretly hoping it had something to do with CVT transmissions, which I'm familiar with.

I enjoy playing Guitar Hero from time to time, though as a player of actual strings and frets it's like I have to tie half my brain behind my back to play the game format correctly, so in a way it's like your other games where the higher-skilled and more experienced players are hobbled.

Welcome back!

w/b factoryrat!
    Bowling: Many years ago...may be getting neck-surgery soon...it was fun getting the 'turkeys', I think I averaged 130, don't remember my h/c...but I was on Monday Night Trio's..

Variable compressors...that should improve the efficiency quite a bit! CVT's are cool too...had a bike with a belt-drive CVT type of affair...was thinking how it could be done with hydraulics...of course, that may be what a hydrostatic drive is??

Not much gaming...sorry...