Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emblems of DL status

Default Emblems of DL status

What are your thoughts on wearing something on your outer clothing to signify you like diapers, that the general public is likely to overlook? I am thinking that something like a diaper pin on a lapel or shirt sleeve can camouflage as an eccentric bit of decoration, but other DLs would be apt to notice it and give you the

I get that not everybody wants to 'announce' themselves but I could imagine that it might brighten somebody's day, especially if they were having a bad one, if they found out there was a bit of solidarity among them. Food for thought if you will...

Aeh, well no thanks.

This is one of the aspects of my life I'd like to keep PRIVATE.

This reminds me of those secret tattoos (often nautical stars) that gay men would get to stay in the closet and out of trouble with homophobes while also signaling relationship potential to other gay men. I think that's the idea of the OP - to stay hidden with a secret symbol only other ABDL would know. It wouldn't stay secret for long, though. That's the trouble! For example I've heard of the star tattoos and I'm a straight female. I bet their star tats idea worked fairly well in pre-internet days, but now it would be public knowledge before we could do a thing about it. I do still wish there was a safe way to let others know without the public knowing at large - it's so hard for ABDLs to find each other.

Something I would suggest. Simply fasten a safety pin to your bag/backpack strap. If anyone asks it 'was' holding up a note (but of course that got ripped off)

Thank you, no. As a practical matter, with the Internet, there's really no such thing as a "secret" sign, they can only be obscure. Even assuming only other DLs were aware, I'd rather talk to someone beforehand if possible to determine if we're likely to be compatible. An interest in diapers isn't sufficient to tell me that a meeting won't be awkward and I'd rather do such things on mutual terms rather than spur of the moment.

I am pretty good with the general public not knowing about this part of me

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on this matter, being a DL is a part of my life I plan to keep a secret for as long as humanly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    This reminds me of those secret tattoos (often nautical stars) that gay men would get to stay in the closet and out of trouble with homophobes while also signaling relationship potential to other gay men. I think that's the idea of the OP - to stay hidden with a secret symbol only other ABDL would know. It wouldn't stay secret for long, though. That's the trouble! For example I've heard of the star tattoos and I'm a straight female. I bet their star tats idea worked fairly well in pre-internet days, but now it would be public knowledge before we could do a thing about it. I do still wish there was a safe way to let others know without the public knowing at large - it's so hard for ABDLs to find each other.
    WIN! Though I understood the blue star on a hand or ankle to be female-female in that regard, but of course this was very recently that I stumbled on it (kind of made me a bit sad when I saw blue star tats in my vanilla noddy-picture folders)

Good feedback all around

@Trevor, I agree with your take on compatibility, I encounter the sort of angst you describe just posting in autism fora - one person's 'stims' are another person's triggers, and as I've experienced firsthand, even a number of common special interests aren't enough to form a true bond with someone.

I like MrPurple's suggestion - if I WERE to stick my neck out I could use a really big one and say it's for my keys, but I guess that would be the way to tell the other DLs in my vicinity; if they don't question or comment?

This has been discussed at length several times here, sorry I've not the time to find the links, there are "established" symbols for the ABDL community though I find them a bit pink & obvious. The safety pin can be a punk thing too. Most find the risks of being outed outweigh the possible benefits.
    Remember the hanky code?

Warsaw39

Actually, I quite like this idea. It's kind of like a secret handshake, or a tattoo of a secret society (like how Freemasons gets tats of the Two-Headed Eagle). Something like this would be a great idea, if only we could spread it around to other DLs secretly, as opposed to letting everyone else know in the process, as that would defeat the point. I love the idea, it's just the plausibility that sticks me.