Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So.. are we kinda trend setters?

Default So.. are we kinda trend setters?

Everyone by now has seen that some Celebrities wearing hooded sleepers outside ( or as they call them onesies )

Do you think some of this came from us or just one celebrity was lazy and did not want to change out of it as they did some stuff around town? And would any of you follow the trend and start wearing your sleepers out and about?

TheArtist

AB/DL is so mainstream now its' not funny!

It's not really anything to do with us. Adults have been wearing one-piece clothing for years and years. Winston Churchill famously wore them!

In many ways, they're the logical follow up to the Slanket / Snuggie craze from a few years back (you know, the blankets with arm holes).

Five years ago, some fashion designers in Norway set up OnePiece - a clothing brand specifically for leisure wear onesies. I think the original target market was snowboarders, to wear when chillng out after a hard day on the slopes. And because they make sense in a cold climate like Norway, they took off with Norweigan trendsetters, and subsequently they've become popular elsewhere.

They've just become popular for no real reason - people have suggested that in the economic crisis, they are a good cost saving measure, and also they're comforting and reassuring in these tough times... But like all fashion, it's just speculation, and these things often become popular without any real cause (and just as likely, they'll fade away again like most trends before long).

Honestly? I think some celebrities do anything to stay in the focus of those cameras...

Personally? I don't give a crap what some celebrities do or don't.

I highly doubt we've managed to influence a bunch of wealthy, pretentious nutbags by wearing footie pajamas. They just want attention, and to be that special little snowflake they were told they were at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    I highly doubt we've managed to influence a bunch of wealthy, pretentious nutbags by wearing footie pajamas. They just want attention, and to be that special little snowflake they were told they were at birth.
    Maybe but Ryan Gossling got his (and his familys) as a sort of joke present for his family, then they saw how great they are for cold weather. The childish designs are just icing on the cake for everyone.

TheArtist

AB/DL is making it out there into the media, I just hope that as it becomes understand, it becomes "accepted" but I don't want it beng the new homosexual, ya know one abdl story line in every soap opear, first ab kiss lol like it was with gays,

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    AB/DL is so mainstream now its' not funny!
    I've gotta quit this Abdl stuff, it's too mainstream, and played out

It's funny that not too long ago my boyrfriend made the same remark regarding the onesies/sleepers/onepiece etc.... I've been wearing them for about three years now (not too long, since I couldn't find a decent store to buy them), even when others are around who do not know about my fetish.

I think it's more that a couple of celebs started to wear them in public (other that in a sitcom/movie) that made it catching attention (hey, if they're wearing them out in the street, why can't I?)

I wouldn't say we're trendsetters since it has (as far as I know) always been part of 'our' scene (I wouldn't know where else one would wear them apart from home) and as NikJ pointed out, people have been wearing them for years. I guess it's always been conveived as night- and/or underwear instead of fashion (which is a thin line, since some underwear is presented as fashion), untill recently it hasn't been 'fashionable' to wear them 'out in the street"

I don't think I will live to see the day that people wil start to wear diapers in public as a fashion statement (I wouldn't hold my breath for one), but it is nice to know that wearing one has more street credebility (sort off....). I even think you can sneak in a pacifier (but do make sure the cuteness of your onesie matches )

Jay

Default Re: So.. are we kinda trend setters?

I don't know if we are prominent enough to set fashion trends. I think the emergence of adult sleepers is independent of us, as has been stated in this thread that there is practicality in wearing one-piece PJs that are warm.