Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computers

bigbabyderek2012

Question Computers

My computer is a HP 2000-369WM notebook pc with Microsoft Windows 7 and a month ago i had to send it off to have the motherboard replaced. good thing it was still under warrenty. I just wonder what type and brand of computer do you own and have you had problems with it and what is operating system?

I bought an Intel Core i7 chip on the day they were released and built a PC using separate components tailored to my needs. I've never had any problems with it, and it runs Windows XP, Windows 7 and Arch Linux (which is what I mostly use).

EDIT:
    Oh -- and I have another self-built PC running Arch, a Compaq Presario PIII running Windows XP, a Toshiba laptop running XP, and a Asus EEE 901 netbook running Arch... And a very large box of cables, adaptors, hard drives, widgets, gizmos, thingamies, doohdahs and bits.
    Last edited by tiny; 06-Mar-2013 at 01:03.

Apple MacBook Pro 4 gb ram, OS X10.6.8, intel core 2 duo chip VM with Windows XP.

Dell precision m90. high-end computer from 6 years ago. had trouble with the mobo & video card, so i bought one off ebay for scrap and replaced them. also removed my cd drive and put in an aux hdd bay. bought an ssd to put in the main drive spot.
    good computer, nice big screen (1200p 17") but it's definitely time for an upgrade.

win7

I use a Dell Studio XPS.
    I got it as a gift at the end of my junior year.

If you want basic specs that I can tell you off my head here they are:
    Windows 7 Professional x86
    Intel I7 (I believe it is generation one as it is from 2010) quad core processor.
    8 gigs of Ram (don't remember what kind).
    ATI Radeon 5700 HD 1 gig dual video card.

There are a few other things, I'll post them when I can do a full pc scan.

TheArtist

I knocked my up out of old parts, so I'll name it the artisanPOS9000

I built my own last september:
    Asrock B75 motherboard
    i5 3570k CPU (Ivy Bridge)
    8 GB of 1600 mhz DDR3 G.Skill
    XFX 7870 GHz edition GPU

I use Windows 7 64 bit

The only issue I have with it is it will blue screen of death upon waking up from sleep mode. I ran tests on my RAM and Hard Disk Drive so they weren't the issue. It's likely a bug that happened when installing Windows.

Computer I"m on tonight 3.2GHz Phenom 6 core. Win 7 Professional x64 8GB ram. Home built for gaming (though this one was not built by me).

I have a tendency of frying CPU's and motherboards in short order the half dozen or so times I've built my own system, so I bought a partially pre-built Systemax system from Tiger.

It rocks a Core i5 2320 8 GB DDR3 and is getting by quite nicely with a 3 year old GTS 250. I just found out I can bring the RAM in this thing up to 16 GB, so I might do that, and I definitely need a more recent graphics card at some point, but I'm quite happy with the CPU as it is for now.

TheArtist

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I built my own last september:
    Asrock B75 motherboard
    i5 3570k CPU (Ivy Bridge)
    8 GB of 1600 mhz DDR3 G.Skill
    XFX 7870 GHz edition GPU

I use Windows 7 64 bit

The only issue I have with it is it will blue screen of death upon waking up from sleep mode. I ran tests on my RAM and Hard Disk Drive so they weren't the issue. It's likely a bug that happened when installing Windows.
    might be a video driver problem,