Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I a DL?

Default Am I a DL?

So I am new to diaper wearing and can honestly say I enjoy wearing for both myself and my boyfriend, at what point do you become a lover?! At the moment I can take it or leave it, I do get turned on by wearing diapers (nappies from now as I'm English!!) but it's not the only thing that gets me going.

Could this be a phase I'm going through and the novelty of wearing for my boyfriend of wearing alone and telling him is exciting?!

However, when I'm wearing I do like to wear a onesie, they seem to be the height of fashion at the moment over here and I want to put my hair in pigtails, does this make me an AB? At the moment I see myself as indulging in a fantasy but is it possible to become an AB/DL through this indulgence?

All help appreciated

I'm not sure. Interesting question, though! I guess I was always DL. I hope you get some responses that are more helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre89 View Post
    So I am new to diaper wearing and can honestly say I enjoy wearing for both myself and my boyfriend, at what point do you become a lover?! At the moment I can take it or leave it, I do get turned on by wearing diapers (nappies from now as I'm English!!) but it's not the only thing that gets me going.

Could this be a phase I'm going through and the novelty of wearing for my boyfriend of wearing alone and telling him is exciting?!

However, when I'm wearing I do like to wear a onesie, they seem to be the height of fashion at the moment over here and I want to put my hair in pigtails, does this make me an AB? At the moment I see myself as indulging in a fantasy but is it possible to become an AB/DL through this indulgence?

All help appreciated
    If you like wearing then you like diapers its the point wear you think about wearing when you are not actually wearing is when you become a DL. Well that is my opinion anyway. Yes i would say it is possible to be an AB/DL through indulging in fantasies.

Default Re: Am I a DL?

Well i would think that as with anything there are varying degrees to this. To me it sounds like you may be on the low end of a dl. Since you don't feel the need out want to wear all the time, and your take it or leave it feelings towards diapers. I am not qualified to decide but i would doubt that you are an ab. While pig tails and onsies are kinda babyish if that's the only "little" thing you like, then that's not much. Hope this helps and if not someone else can.

I do think about wearing nappies when I'm not but it isn't an all the time thing, I guess I will know more when I'm a tad more experienced in this area ( I'd never heard of ABDL before my boyfriend) the onesie, the nappies and the pigtails (havent done it yet but want to) are the only 'little' things i do so far but im open to trying other things, but
    when did other people know that they were ABDL, is it something you're born with or something that develops later on in life? I've read stories on here about people stealing their siblings nappies from a young age and all that

I'm just curious and want to know everything I can about this world.

The people here are fantastic and very supportive

Thanks for your answers guys

You are most welcome. I know I'm still figuring things out and I"ve been wearing diapers on and off for around 5 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre89 View Post
    I do think about wearing nappies when I'm not but it isn't an all the time thing, I guess I will know more when I'm a tad more experienced in this area ( I'd never heard of ABDL before my boyfriend) the onesie, the nappies and the pigtails (havent done it yet but want to) are the only 'little' things i do so far but im open to trying other things, but
    when did other people know that they were ABDL, is it something you're born with or something that develops later on in life? I've read stories on here about people stealing their siblings nappies from a young age and all that

I'm just curious and want to know everything I can about this world.

The people here are fantastic and very supportive

Thanks for your answers guys
    I think that ultimately, you decide whether you're an AB or a DL. Lots of people know they're one or both from a young age, but not always. In my case, I developed a sudden interest in diapers when I was about ten or eleven. I didn't have any experiences with diapers that I can recall from before then. It's a little different for everyone, I think. Perhaps after trying it out with your boyfriend, you'll find that you like it too, and take off from there. Or maybe the interest will wear off. Do what you're comfortable with, always be willing to compromise and work it out, and don't be afraid to explore this world - we're pretty friendly.

TheArtist

Are you wearing for your bf as part of any other type of play? One of my "special friends" whom I see time to time, I diapered as part of his sub training, and then during a more "level" intimate session I asked if he would like to wear, and he said yes, he will pose in certain ways, or make sure the diaper is touching me as he knows I like it, and that turns him on, but also I've sent him home wearing as he likes the tightness of a drynite (fits him perfectly) but tight as in support I guess.

Maybe he will go DL but I don't think so, and I don't think you will, it depends how often you wear / how long you stay with this guy, and why you are doing it etc etc, if it's because you want to please him, or you want him to control where / when you go etc, that's cool ,but that's not a DL fetish, that's a different fetish

I don't know if I'd agree that "you decide." I don't think it is a decision I can make - it is, in fact, a decision I (and many others) have tried to make.

DLism is defined as a sexual attraction to diapers (and more generally to other babyish clothing/things). It does not have to be the only thing that gets you going - you can still be attracted to other people or even have another fetish.

As for the question of whether you are going through a phase - I think it's impossible for us to say. Evidence seems to suggest that most *BDLs are *BDLs for life (I believe I read this conclusion somewhere on infantilism.org). I think there are some exceptions (I remember BitterGrey citing one, but he was the anomaly in the study) and there are certainly periods of latency, but in general it does not seem to "go away." I think that only time could tell whether it is something you find stimulating because it's a part of your relationship or because you are a DL.

The same can probably be said on the AB side of things. ABism is characterized by age play and regression (as they pertain to self-image). If you have an extended interest in those, then you are an AB.

Liking diapers and having feelings of wanting to identify with being a baby is complicated. Speaking from the viewpoint of a male, I was always attracted to diapers, at least from the age of four. I dreamed about diapers, even stole neighbor's diapers by the time I was 6. I have a theory that it may be different for males than females, in as much as there are differences in our sexual makeup. I also believe, as others have stated, that there are levels of emotional involvement, just as there is a scale for autism.

For some of our members, being attracted to diapers and wearing them is less sexual, and more comfort providing. We tend to see this more in females than males. However, there are female members on this site who say that diapers are sexual for them, and the desire is strong. There are exceptions for every rule here.

Because you are now just interested in diapers, and because it is associated with your partner who is into it, your desire may be more generally based, you and may not be an AB/DL. There may however, be latent tendencies that this new relationship is bringing out. My guess is this. If you continue to be attracted to wearing diapers, and enjoy more babyish clothes, and if it begins to consume more of your daydreaming time, then yes, you may be AB/DL. Time will sort this out for you.