Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary Looking High Chair

Default Scary Looking High Chair

You know old school high chairs are my favorites. I would love to have any of these in a baby chair collection:

Vintage High Chair

Vintage Kitchen Feeding Baby High Chair Folding Highchair Chrome | eBay

Vintage Comfortline Chrome Vinyl Baby High Chair Mid Century Modern USA Made | eBay

Antique Vintage Cosco Yellow Baby High Chair Retro Cool 1950'S | eBay

Vintage Cosco 1960's High Chair | eBay

However, this one I'll pass on...just looks too scary in appearance to me, like you'd imagine it being used by a child locked away in a dungeon, or having electric wires connected to it as some kind of child torture device if they refused to eat their greens. Maybe it's just that it's a bit TOO old school for me. I do know it gives me a case of the creeps every time I happen across the listing...{shiver}

Vintage Industrial Orphanage High Chair Oak Casters Machine Age Steampunk Cool | eBay

~Pramrider

photos from fuller state school and hospital via Opacity (google is your friend)

I don't find it scary and it looks like a quality piece of work. However, I don't find it appealing. It comes across a bit too much like old office furniture or a bar stool. The search goes on.

However it comes across to you, it is definitely built heavy duty! Those casters look like they could handle well over 100lbs each easily. Fire2box, this chair would almost look right at home in those photos. I was looking at them closely, expecting to see one in the background very similar to it.

~Pramrider

I agree that it's scary looking. Looks like it belongs in some sort of hospital that has a very taboo history.

Nice highchairs, I also prefer the older ones. I recently bought this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123a.jpg 
Views:	2429 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	16325

It is not very old, but has the comfortable and soft vinyl skin!

I would love to get one of the eighties carseats, but it seems impossible to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luierjongens View Post
    Nice highchairs, I also prefer the older ones. I recently bought this one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123a.jpg 
Views:	2429 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	16325

It is not very old, but has the comfortable and soft vinyl skin!
    That's a pretty nice looking chair you have. It does have a comfy look to it.

~Pramrider

These bring back a lot of memories. I can remember the old formica kitchen tables that would match the style. We still have one in our cottage in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    That's a pretty nice looking chair you have. It does have a comfy look to it.

~Pramrider
    And the greatest thing is that it still fits!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    These bring back a lot of memories. I can remember the old formica kitchen tables that would match the style. We still have one in our cottage in Canada.
    You're right, the older Cosco high chairs especially go perfectly with the formica kitchen tables. They also made the chrome and vinyl kitchen step stools you no doubt remember that were constructed very similar to the high chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luierjongens View Post
    And the greatest thing is that it still fits!
    Yes, indeed! There's a definite advantage to having a smaller build and being AB inclined. You can fit into real baby/toddler chairs and strollers with little to no problem.

~Pramrider