Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: The Next Xbox

  1. #1
    bigbabyderek2012

    Post The Next Xbox

    I think with Sony's announcement of the PS4, Microsoft has to be planning something but i have only gotten hints as to what their next console will be so far i know it is a system code named Durango and i just read that Microsoft was caught off guard by Sony's annoucement of the PS4 and they plan to annouce the Xbox 360's successor in april at a press conference to grab the spotlight away from Sony, just wanted your thoughts and if you guys have heard anything more about the Xbox 360's successor.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bigbabyderek2012 View Post
    I think with Sony's announcement of the PS4, Microsoft has to be planning something but i have only gotten hints as to what their next console will be so far i know it is a system code named Durango and i just read that Microsoft was caught off guard by Sony's annoucement of the PS4 and they plan to annouce the Xbox 360's successor in april at a press conference to grab the spotlight away from Sony, just wanted your thoughts and if you guys have heard anything more about the Xbox 360's successor.
    I heard from a few reputable sources (Total Biscut and Inside Gaming) that the new Xbox is going to just be called "Xbox," and that Microsoft is planning on following the style of product labeling that Apple uses. From what I've heard, the new Xbox has reportedly better specs than the PS4, but that's still not official.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    I heard from a few reputable sources (Total Biscut and Inside Gaming) that the new Xbox is going to just be called "Xbox," and that Microsoft is planning on following the style of product labeling that Apple uses. From what I've heard, the new Xbox has reportedly better specs than the PS4, but that's still not official.
    Of course people are going to say it will have better specs... they wont go on about how bad it is would they?
    Best bet is honestly wait and see... Neither are coming out for a while so save up 400-450 and see which one is right for you when they get released...
    Me PS4 owned it from the day of release till now, works perfectly, my mate and his 360.... Christ must have gone through 7+

  4. #4

    Default

    I know one thing for certain. It isnt going to be called the xbox 720. Many people have pestered microsoft about it over the last severL years. Maybe the dashboard will be set up like windows 8 app screen?

  5. #5

    Default

    I had actually heard the opposite from well, the only site I go on about gaming.. The Escapist. I had heard somewhere on there that what Sony "showed" (more like talked about) with the PS4 was superior to the sort of "leaked" specs of the next generation XBOX. I totally admit to being on the other side and not being a huge fan of Microsoft.. but I didn't get this information from a Sony forum or anything. I wish I had the link.. I possibly might have heard it on not yesterdays but the week before's Jimquisition? I might totally be wrong about that too. Very sorry.

    Honestly, I'm just not a fan of Microsoft and I'm not too excited.. though I expect to see exactly what Sony did. This generation consoles are all about competing with tablets, mobile gaming, and the increase in digital distribution. Expect to see focus on making digital sales of games smoother and easier. Expect to see more integration with social media and possibly like Sony some sort of built in the console way of streaming/recording gameplay. Possibly see something that is designed to compete with the Wii U like Sony is trying to do with their Vita. Really, this is all about trying to do what the other guys do but better.. even if some people might wish this was going to be about innovation. I wouldn't expect to see anything you haven't seen already.. I would expect to see what you've already seen from the other two, but done slightly differently.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by daviej86 View Post
    Of course people are going to say it will have better specs... they wont go on about how bad it is would they?
    Best bet is honestly wait and see... Neither are coming out for a while so save up 400-450 and see which one is right for you when they get released...
    Me PS4 owned it from the day of release till now, works perfectly, my mate and his 360.... Christ must have gone through 7+
    ok #1 how do you own a console that as of yet hasnt been released anywhere. personally ive gone through 3 PS3's all of which Yellow lighted. ive only had two 360's one i bought on initial release and had untill december of last year and the other i got as an upgrade last year neither have red ringed ever. as for your rant on better specs. sony just announced theirs microsoft hasn't which means microsoft can stil go back and upgrade so chances are xbox will have a superior console hardware wise. plus microsoft has a strong point where sony seriously lacks and that is software and what makes a great console is 30% hardware 70% software.

  7. #7

    Default

    It's too bad Microsoft couldn't have focused on the PC market more, its love affair with the XBox I think has made it lose sight of its relative strengths as a software developer and publisher. I am glad that they can field legitimate hardware competitors to Sony and Nintendo though, and this market seems healthy enough to withstand this level of saturation.

    I read a rumour this morning that the new Xbox system would fully install every game from the optical disc to the hopefully enormous hard drive and that it would use Blu Ray tech while somehow allowing you to play the game while it is installing. Sounds interesting of course, as all such things are to me - and it might convince me to buy one, if it's around the same price point of the current Xbox 360 - which it likely won't be.

  8. #8

    Default

    Word out of game informer magazine issue #240 which is the "theif" cover Xbox Durango has no disk drive or ports of any kind as of yet no specs have been decided on/released. All Microsoft announced was its sole dependance on internet, the use of an upgraded Kinect system, and it's gonna be more streamlined for accessing all the streaming apps such as hulu and netflix. It has also not been confirmed that it will have any gaming capabillity beyond apps similar angry birds. It has also been released that it is compadable with apple iPad as far as remote control.

  9. #9

    Default

    ps4 im all on it i will be pre ordering mine

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    ps4 im all on it i will be pre ordering mine
    I'm all Xbox but as far as I know as to what has been released of the two consoles so far I'm more leaning twords PS4 however I don't like any of Sony's exclusives so unless they step it up in the game deparntment and make a title worth playing ill consider buying it. But once again it won't be backwards compatible so once again at release your at the mercy of Sony's slow pace when it comes to producing games.

Similar Threads

  1. New Xbox 360
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-Apr-2009, 02:03
  2. Xbox 720
    By baby_mike in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 21-Nov-2008, 03:23
  3. Xbox 360 premium OR Xbox 360 arcade?
    By Secret in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-Oct-2008, 01:31
  4. Xbox 180
    By betagame in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-Sep-2008, 16:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.