Thread: Newbie from Utah

Default Newbie from Utah

Hello Everyone. I am brand new to the AB lifestyle. I have never age-played before, but I've been doing research on it, and I am feeling very strangely about my desire to be an AB. I've asked other people what they've thought, and I get the whole "it's weird", etc. I don't know what to say - I don't say anything at all because my heart starts thumping, and all I feel inside is that, I actually don't judge these people who are AB. In fact, not only do I think it's not weird - but I don't think it's abnormal too. Abnormal in the area that yes, adults don't typical act like young children but I think it's not abnormal in the meaning that it's "wrong" per se. I don't see how would be wrong, disgusting, etc... for anyone to do ANYTHING to soothe themselves in such a matter that it helps them. As long as it's not hurting anyone, nobody should be judgmental.

For me, I am drawn to the Adult Baby world because my childhood was horrible, and for others it could be different meanings, but I feel the strong urge to want to retreat to where I was before, before I knew dangers and sickos and "bad" things of this world. I have this urge to want to break down emotionally and mentally and be loved for who I am - and not be liked or disliked depending on how other people judge me. Growing up without parents, I have this desire to be held by a mommy and have her run her fingers though my hair and just hold me. Funny thing is, some of my most fondest memories as a child was leaning against my Grandmothers chest and having her hold me while she rocks me. Hearing the hum of her voice through her chest always made me fall asleep. Beautiful, innocent, and serene moments. This world is a cruel, harsh world. It would be so much fun to crawl around a room with other AB and be liked for who I am - a good playmate. Not because I'm abnormally short, or because I believe in equal rights for all sexual orientations.

I also would like to be a "mommy", or an "auntie" or "older sister" someday in the AB world.

I am a married woman with children.
    I like to read and I love photography.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 05-Mar-2013 at 05:46. Reason: no requests for people in your area, please

Hello there! Your username made me smile, it's very fun. PickledHam. I've never had pickled ham. I bet it's good? I dunno.. but welcome to ADISC it's so wonderful to have you here! It's always fun to meet new friends and get new people sharing their brand new point of view all over the site. Your intro was amazingly done.

Your description of your feelings and interests in the culture were really moving, I totally at least.. in my own point of view sort of way.. get exactly what your saying. The feeling of being in times that just.. are not bogged down with all the ick in the world. It's wonderful to think about, to imagine and loose yourself in. The people here, including me, would really love to listen and answer any questions you might have and perhaps you could after that, answer some questions someone else has too. It's really wonderful to be on such a supportive community after all.

Utah huh? There must be cool! I imagine it's actually somewhat similar to the environment where I live, living in the northern forest and mountains of Arizona. At least a little! Do you like it where you live? What about your reading and photography.. what kinda pictures do you like to take? What sorts of things do you like to read? Whatever you feel comfortable sharing anyway, it would be great for everyone to learn a little more about you I'm sure.

I hope you have a super time here, and feel free to ask if you have any questions about the site. Me or someone else would be glad to answer. ^_^

gigglemuffinz, your name is cute too I've never had pickled ham. LOL. It was just something I made up.
    Honestly, no, I don't like Utah. It's a very gorgeous state but it's also very....different. It's very reserved and conservative. I'm originally from the Midwest, and sometimes I miss back home because not everyone is of the same religion and thinks the same way.

I just got done reading 50 shades of grey. It's a good book, but normally I like true crime books for some reason. It's kind of fun reading from a detective or journalist point of view. I am hopefully starting my own photography studio sometime in the next month or so. My studio needs finishing though. Hopefully i'll gain business and such. I am going to specialize in high-fashion, themed shoots, boudoir, glamour, model portfolios, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PickledHam View Post
    gigglemuffinz, your name is cute too I've never had pickled ham. LOL. It was just something I made up.
    Honestly, no, I don't like Utah. It's a very gorgeous state but it's also very....different. It's very reserved and conservative. I'm originally from the Midwest, and sometimes I miss back home because not everyone is of the same religion and thinks the same way.

I just got done reading 50 shades of grey. It's a good book, but normally I like true crime books for some reason. It's kind of fun reading from a detective or journalist point of view. I am hopefully starting my own photography studio sometime in the next month or so. My studio needs finishing though. Hopefully i'll gain business and such. I am going to specialize in high-fashion, themed shoots, boudoir, glamour, model portfolios, etc.
    Yikes, I would be a little scared to live somewhere really conservative. Not because I think it's evil or something, but mostly I would imagine my.. general self would be bothersome to them. Seems like not a good situation for anyone involved.

What are true crime books? Like.. I've heard the term used but I don't really understand it. Why do you like them? I hope your studio ends up getting business. ^_^