Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Default Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

This game was officially announced earlier today, or yesterday depending on where you live. I'm sort of interested in it, but I was sort of interested in the third game and never really actually bought it.. and don't see myself anytime super soon. Still, it's sort of interesting that this new game, titled Black Flag, is apparently going to be focusing on pirates. Is anyone already interested in this game and picking it up? Do people have some issues with it already? Have some theories about what it's going to be like?

I'm personally assuming this is probably a move based on the positive response they got for the naval aspects of the 3rd game. That this one will focus on those sections even more then the 3rd game, though I hardly doubt the typical gameplay will suddenly disappear or anything. I'm sort of curious if this is going to be a trend for them, and history isn't really my strong point so I don't exactly know what time period we will be expecting for this game.

One little interesting bit of information is that the Playstation 3 version is going to have an hour of extra gameplay, which is typical Sony, they always are paying/dealing for something "extra" for their version to make it seem superior. Do you think this will make the Playstation 3 version the "best" of many? If you had multiple consoles, would this be a deciding factor for you on which version to buy?

Default Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

I personally hope it doesn't involve the extra gameplay involves the story. It would be stupid to leave one console's version without a finished story...
    If this is the case I won't buy it. Nor will I buy a PS3 to have an hour of extra gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I personally hope it doesn't involve the extra gameplay involves the story. It would be stupid to leave one console's version without a finished story...
    I'm personally pretty pretty sure it will all be side mission stuff with maybe something fun, but not essential to the story.

Ubisoft threw Sony a bone, probably because Sony threw them one, but they wouldn't leave their other fans hanging and not give the other players a complete game.

Default Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I'm personally pretty pretty sure it will all be side mission stuff with maybe something fun, but not essential to the story.

Ubisoft threw Sony a bone, probably because Sony threw them one, but they wouldn't leave their other fans hanging and not give the other players a complete game.
    I thinks its funny how consoles pay extra money to have exclusive rights to something... I don't know anyone that just had to get a different console to have a small bit of extra content.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I thinks its funny how consoles pay extra money to have exclusive rights to something... I don't know anyone that just had to get a different console to have a small bit of extra content.
    I think it's an overall strategy, and also for people who own multiple consoles and are just deciding which version to get for consoles they already own. Like, if I own a Wii U and XBOX360 and this, and don't want to buy a copy for all three.. I probably would just get the PS3 copy because it has more.. so it seems like the smart grab.

I also think it's not just that someone would pay for an entire console for this one game, but it's all the games Sony gets exclusive contents for. They hope people will notice things like this and the hour of extra content, and how Street Fighter x Tekken had characters other versions didn't and everything else they do. It makes me happy that I do own a PS3 on some level, because I get access to that exclusive content and I do back a company that wants to pay extra for goodies for their multi-platform titles. Nothing wrong with it in theory, I think.

Not looking forward to this game one bit. Every year there's a new AC game now. It's kind of pointless.

Ubisoft has basically become Activision and Call of Duty, pumping out a half-assed, mediocre game every single year, and even announcing a new one within months of the last release. It's a shame, and they're getting worse and worse every game, due to becoming heavily casualized and rushed. Concept would have sounded cool, if this wasn't the 40th game in the series.

I'm sort of interested in it, but I was sort of interested in the third game and never really actually bought it.. and don't see myself anytime super soon.
    Same with me, didn't bought the 3. one yet and still i think it's a good game.
    But i have to say, i've lost interest in the series, the last one from 2, revelations i think, was rather boring, i didn't play the whole game.
    And i guess i'm over satisfied with the parkour style assassin gameplay sneak adventure, a little bit at least ;)

One little interesting bit of information is that the Playstation 3 version is going to have an hour of extra gameplay, which is typical Sony, they always are paying/dealing for something "extra" for their version to make it seem superior. Do you think this will make the Playstation 3 version the "best" of many? If you had multiple consoles, would this be a deciding factor for you on which version to buy?
    For me, no. It's always just some small difference like extra armor/weapons/one copy paste mission/background/etc ;)
    If i would like to have everyyyything, i would need to buy all collector editions on the right platform from the right seller (sometimes there is a bonus on some shops, but can't remember anything specific)
    That's just way too much effort for something that is supposed to be fun =)!
    But Microsoft has it's benefits too. As an example the Skyrim DLC's are first released on xbox360, one month later on ps3 and pc

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    Ubisoft has basically become Activision and Call of Duty, pumping out a half-assed, mediocre game every single year, and even announcing a new one within months of the last release. It's a shame, and they're getting worse and worse every game, due to becoming heavily casualized and rushed. Concept would have sounded cool, if this wasn't the 40th game in the series.
    Assassins's creed 2 was better then the first one. I've only play those two so far.

Sadly the PC editions were straight ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendorox! View Post
    Not looking forward to this game one bit. Every year there's a new AC game now. It's kind of pointless.
    I don't think something being made fast doesn't immediately it's going to be bad or pointless. If they have a large team and can just generally use a lot of the same systems they used for the previous games.. and their main goals are mostly on art and tinkering with an already made system and interface and working on the dialogue and story then I imagine it doesn't take too long. I mean, something taking forever doesn't mean for a fact it's good.. and something made quickly isn't immediately bad. I don't want to discourage them not twiddling their thumbs, glad they are actually making the games.

For the game series I like, once a year having something to be excited about sounds like a good thing... not a bad thing. As long as the quality doesn't suffer, which it doesn't always. Some games are just easier to make then others.