Thread: Interesting car seat

Default Interesting car seat

Amazon.com: Diono Monterey Booster Seat, Shadow: Baby

Being a big fan of child booster seats, I thought I would share this one. The description says fits kids up to 63" or 120 lbs (the general description claims 93" or 7'9", which is most likely a typo). That seems pretty big for a booster seat; average 14 year old is 63" and 95 percentile 11 year old is 63" so this is definitely a pre-teen/teen model. Kinda old to be using a booster seat considering most 7 year olds freak out at the prospect of using them.

The cost is too high for me to buy it, plus I already have a booster seat, but does anyone else know about these? Or have seen them in person/ sat in them to see how they feel? I am 66" tall and would love to try one of these out or at least know how they feel.

Your thoughts?

Yhea, that is a nice booster. I personally like the Combination 5-Point-Harness to Booster versions more. Like this new one:

RECARO ProSPORT

It says that the 5-Point-Harness is usable up to 90 lb.

I wish they would sell this kind of car seats in Germany, but here the max child weight for a 5-Point-Harness is 25kg.

Well,,,,

Germany...That's where my car racing belts come from...

My gf calls them toddler belts...

My road racer is a BMW m5 and I have the schroth racing belts in it...had to go with 6 point 5 points wont work with the adjustable thigh pads.

But they do feel nice...

I do wear them especially if getting hauled around town by the gf...

Bret

P.s. I wish I was even close to being able to get into a real carseat...being 6' and 250# it's not going to happen anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by maximilian View Post
    Yhea, that is a nice booster. I personally like the Combination 5-Point-Harness to Booster versions more. Like this new one:

RECARO ProSPORT

It says that the 5-Point-Harness is usable up to 90 lb.

I wish they would sell this kind of car seats in Germany, but here the max child weight for a 5-Point-Harness is 25kg.

Well seeing how recaro makes very good racing seats and harnesses, i would say that car seat is really sturdy.
    Just buy a race seat and 5 point harness for it. similar enough

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Amazon.com: Diono Monterey Booster Seat, Shadow: Baby

Being a big fan of child booster seats, I thought I would share this one. The description says fits kids up to 63" or 120 lbs (the general description claims 93" or 7'9", which is most likely a typo). That seems pretty big for a booster seat; average 14 year old is 63" and 95 percentile 11 year old is 63" so this is definitely a pre-teen/teen model. Kinda old to be using a booster seat considering most 7 year olds freak out at the prospect of using them.

The cost is too high for me to buy it, plus I already have a booster seat, but does anyone else know about these? Or have seen them in person/ sat in them to see how they feel? I am 66" tall and would love to try one of these out or at least know how they feel.

Your thoughts?
    Not too keep on that booster seat, as it has no straps. Nothing to keep you in the carseat. Like Maximillan said, a larger 5point harnessed seat is far more attractive ,although even at that size, the shoulder straps will not sit over a small adult, rather act as 4 point waist tummy straps and a crotch strap. Some have modified the boosters so that the shoulder straps pass over the top of the seat. This does work, but is no where as effective at restraining movement from left to right.

At least it has cupholders....doubt it would fit "kids" at 93" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Well,,,,

Germany...That's where my car racing belts come from...

My gf calls them toddler belts...

My road racer is a BMW m5 and I have the schroth racing belts in it...had to go with 6 point 5 points wont work with the adjustable thigh pads.

But they do feel nice...

I do wear them especially if getting hauled around town by the gf...

Bret

P.s. I wish I was even close to being able to get into a real carseat...being 6' and 250# it's not going to happen anytime soon...
    just out of curiosity, is this on the stock seats or are they modified/aftermarket seats?

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post

just out of curiosity, is this on the stock seats or are they modified/aftermarket seats?
    The links are to stock kiddy car seats. I think adisc users think they can fit into the larger variants
    of these seats which are designed for kiddy up to age of 10. Assume adisc member is like super small and short

Quote Originally Posted by danielsmith View Post
    The links are to stock kiddy car seats. I think adisc users think they can fit into the larger variants
    of these seats which are designed for kiddy up to age of 10. Assume adisc member is like super small and short
    i got that, i was talking specifically to Bigbabybret about his car harness setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post

Well,

it's racing belts in my BMW M5...

it's 5-6point belts made for the BMW M5...

Stock seats are used but you could use a different seat if you wanted...

I kept the stock seats which are nice leather buckets with nice side bolstering...

They are really close to the way the new car seats are with 5 point seat belts...

And they are DOt approved...!

If you want to look at them...
    SCHROTH RACING > Professional Racing Harnesses

That's a link to the 4 Point pro belts...You can add on a filth or 6 point sub belt...

I use them for racing...That's what I bought them for....

I've had my M% may times over 180Mph...Bottomed out the spedo at 185 a few times...

Stock they will break 170Mph easily...

B

P.S.

If you get into racing...find a local club and you'll have a ball...

I've been on and off racing since the late 80's...Built many oval tract cars for local tracks for myself and others...I actually like building and tuning much more than the actual racing...

I liked the cup holders. I guess that's so the kid can stick his beer bottle there.