Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi there.

Who am I? I'm a college student studying math (and various other things). I'd say I'm fairly introverted, and I like to think of myself as rational, though I still like to have a good time.

What are my interests? I love to play cards with friends. We've kinda built up a novel repertoire of games. My favorite TV show is The Office. I like to hike and swim - although those are hobbies that I'm getting to do less and less. Occasionally (in the less busy sections of my life) I'll play video games. I'm a somewhat ambitious reader of literature (whatever that means).

I suppose I would identify as an ABDL but I have not worn a diaper since I was very young. I've made make-shift diapers on several occasions when I knew I'd have privacy. For a lot of reasons I haven't really tried to indulge, although now that I'm in college it's more of a possibility.

I'm mostly brought to ADISC by the fact that... I've been very preoccupied recently. Maybe you could say I'm in an existential crisis. I have been revisiting parts of my "old life," and my ABDLism is something I've never really delved into on a personal level (the other main thing is religion). It has been constantly on my mind, though, and when I imagine my future, it plays a widely varying role... there are times when I cannot see diapers as ever being part of my life, and other times when I see it as inevitable that as soon as I feel comfortable enough I will buy diapers and that will be it. So I don't know exactly what I am looking for from ADISC. I guess I would like a community of people who have leveraged, to varying extents, the lives they want with diapers. This paragraph feels incredibly vague.

Anyway, this feels long-winded and I thank you for reading it! I hope to get to know some of you!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverKnow View Post
    Hi there.

Who am I? I'm a college student studying math (and various other things). I'd say I'm fairly introverted, and I like to think of myself as rational, though I still like to have a good time.

What are my interests? I love to play cards with friends. We've kinda built up a novel repertoire of games. My favorite TV show is The Office. I like to hike and swim - although those are hobbies that I'm getting to do less and less. Occasionally (in the less busy sections of my life) I'll play video games. I'm a somewhat ambitious reader of literature (whatever that means).

I suppose I would identify as an ABDL but I have not worn a diaper since I was very young. I've made make-shift diapers on several occasions when I knew I'd have privacy. For a lot of reasons I haven't really tried to indulge, although now that I'm in college it's more of a possibility.

I'm mostly brought to ADISC by the fact that... I've been very preoccupied recently. Maybe you could say I'm in an existential crisis. I have been revisiting parts of my "old life," and my ABDLism is something I've never really delved into on a personal level (the other main thing is religion). It has been constantly on my mind, though, and when I imagine my future, it plays a widely varying role... there are times when I cannot see diapers as ever being part of my life, and other times when I see it as inevitable that as soon as I feel comfortable enough I will buy diapers and that will be it. So I don't know exactly what I am looking for from ADISC. I guess I would like a community of people who have leveraged, to varying extents, the lives they want with diapers. This paragraph feels incredibly vague.

Anyway, this feels long-winded and I thank you for reading it! I hope to get to know some of you!
    How amazing intro! A super big welcome to ADISC, you awesome intro writer you! You seem like a pretty awesome person and just a super huge welcome addition to the site! I'm pretty sure you are going to be able to make some friends, as long as that's something you are looking for.

What sort of cards do you like playing with your friends? I mean, I'm one of those dorks who plays with trading card games, but perhaps you just meant playing cards or something else. Either way I would love to hear about it. Who is your favorite character in the Office, or if that's too hard to answer.. (I realized it was too hard to answer for me the second I asked it.), what is your favorite episode? What about your favorite video game and book? Even if you don't get to do those, perhaps you've found something that you like the best so far.

A lot of people here are experienced about diapers and wearing them, and are very comfortable with them and there are honestly some people here who are trying to quit, and some people like you just getting started in the interest of it. I'm sure almost everyone here is absolutely going to be supportive of you, and whatever decision you make in it will be understandable. I hope you make some neat friends, if that is indeed something you are looking for.. and are a great support yourself perhaps. You seem like a pretty intelligent guy so I'm sure your own viewpoints on matters will be welcome too.

I hope you have a great time NeverKnow.

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm mainly interested in card games with a standard 52/54 card deck (some involve jokers): Texas Hold 'em, a couple Chinese card games called Bashi Fen/80 Points and Dou Di Zhu/Fight the Landlord, Liar's Poker/Commune, and then a few others. I'm not very familiar with trading card games. I was a big collector of Pokemon cards when I was younger but never really played the game.

My favorite Office character is a tough call. Michael Scott has grown on me; when I first started watching I thought he was a bit too ridiculous, but I think I've gotten an appreciation for the subtlety of his humor since he's left. Besides him I'm mostly partial to some of the side characters: Creed, Angela, Ryan, Kelly.

I mainly play RPGs. I like Bethesda games, Fallout and Elder Scrolls. I've always been a big Pokemon enthusiast. I've had a history of playing MMOs but fortunately that part of my life is done...

As for literature it is a really tough call. I would say The Catcher in the Rye has made a larger impact on me than any other book. There was a point in high school when I read it and just became incredibly depressed about where my life seemed to be going, but since resolving those feelings, I think I'm a lot more resilient. I read the book just before college started and now I find it much more affirmative--so to me it is kind of an emblem. I'm also pretty partial to Hemingway's short stories (In Our Time), which maybe I'd say are my favorite book... a lot of them resonate with me in a special way.

Thank you for the kind words! The community does seem very supportive.

As for literature it is a really tough call. I would say The Catcher in the Rye has made a larger impact on me than any other book. There was a point in high school when I read it and just became incredibly depressed about where my life seemed to be going, but since resolving those feelings, I think I'm a lot more resilient. I read the book just before college started and now I find it much more affirmative--so to me it is kind of an emblem. I'm also pretty partial to Hemingway's short stories (In Our Time), which maybe I'd say are my favorite book... a lot of them resonate with me in a special way.

Hi and welcome to the site. "Catcher" was my mantra all through college. I was very lonely and depressed my sophomore year, and Holden sort of defined who many of my generation were. He's still topical and current, as human nature doesn't really change. Don't we all wonder where the ducks go to die? I also was a big fan of William Golden, and especially, "Lord of the Flies".

Now I write my own stories as I have four of them on this site and one published to Nook Books carrying four stars.

Have you read "Franny and Zooey"?

I haven't read Lord of the Flies or Franny and Zooey. Someday I plan to get to both of them, though.

That's awesome that you've published. I've tried my hand at writing but it's never really gone anywhere. When you read some of the classics (like War and Peace), though, you get an appreciation for the sheer amount of time (and, often, research) that went into these books, and it's hard to imagine many people following through with that today.

Welcome to the site, I am new here as well but certainly not new to the ABDL world. The great thing is that there are a LOT more great resources now than there were when i started exploring this part of me. Just be open to exploring and true to yourself and you will wind up better for it. I live a well rounded balanced life and diapers are a part of that. If you ever have any questions about past experiences and what not feel free to ask. Best of luck!

Nice to meet you! There certainly are a lot of resources out there, especially on ADISC. I am curious to hear about your experiences so I may shoot you a message at some point. Thanks.

I'm mainly interested in card games with a standard 52/54 card deck (some involve jokers): Texas Hold 'em, a couple Chinese card games called Bashi Fen/80 Points and Dou Di Zhu/Fight the Landlord, Liar's Poker/Commune, and then a few others. I'm not very familiar with trading card games. I was a big collector of Pokemon cards when I was younger but never really played the game.

My favorite Office character is a tough call. Michael Scott has grown on me; when I first started watching I thought he was a bit too ridiculous, but I think I've gotten an appreciation for the subtlety of his humor since he's left. Besides him I'm mostly partial to some of the side characters: Creed, Angela, Ryan, Kelly.

I mainly play RPGs. I like Bethesda games, Fallout and Elder Scrolls. I've always been a big Pokemon enthusiast. I've had a history of playing MMOs but fortunately that part of my life is done...

It's really cool that you know some Chinese card games. I would probably play more playing cards.. if people would play with me. I generally love games. ^_^

Ooh, Pokemon is great. I mostly play RPG's as well.. though my tastes are decidedly more J then the western made RPG's you described. Though I haven't actually played the games you mentioned, they've just kinda been in this bubble of "I'm going to try them eventually."

You seem like a pretty interesting person, with pretty awesome tastes.. sure you are going to do amazingly here. ^_^

Yeah, finding people to play cards with is always the trick. I played very very regularly with my high school friends so it was a bit surprising to get to college where no one really plays.

I haven't played many JRPGs. I played Final Fantasy X a while ago. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are very good at creating deeply interactive worlds and they have generally good quests etc., but after you play them for a while they leave something to be desired. But they are good if I just play them on breaks, which is basically the only time I play video games these days.