View Poll Results: Would you take the pill?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately (having psyched yourself up)

2 7.41%
  • Imminently (having tied up loose ends)

1 3.70%
  • I'd want the pill "just in case", but wouldn't have plans to use it

6 22.22%
  • I'd want the pill, but would only use it to escape terminal illness, etc.

8 29.63%
  • I'd never take the pill no matter how intense or inescapable the suffering

10 37.04%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever want to wake up...?

Question Do you ever want to wake up...?

Waking up is horrible. If you could take a pill that would mean that, the next time you went to sleep, you'd never wake up again... would you...?

No way. To me, life is so beautiful.. even if it's only beautiful because of those down times that make getting out of bed hard sometimes. I would always rather experience the possibility of happiness and the happiness that comes to me rather then just lay in bed and never do anything again. Sleeping is one of my least favorite things, though it is nice and relaxing once it's over.. just the lack of doing anything sort of tears away at me. Life is way too short as it is. Instead, give me a pill that makes me immediately rested as if I had a 8 hour sleep! ^_^

I'm sorry that life is hard enough for you to where that sort of thing seems really appealing to you. If you ever want to talk, I'm totally here to listen.

Tiny, what's going on?
    No pills, hey! It's awful that you're waking up so sad. I wish I could make everything better for you

You know I really enjoy reading most of what you post. You are a very witty, and intelligent responder. Please try and smile a bit more. And try and find a way of waking up happier. *offers teddy to hug*

I don't like waking up. But I *do* enjoy being awake. So waking up is a necessary crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    No way. To me, life is so beautiful.. even if it's only beautiful because of those down times that make getting out of bed hard sometimes. I would always rather experience the possibility of happiness and the happiness that comes to me rather then just lay in bed and never do anything again. Sleeping is one of my least favorite things, though it is nice and relaxing once it's over.. just the lack of doing anything sort of tears away at me. Life is way too short as it is. Instead, give me a pill that makes me immediately rested as if I had a 8 hour sleep! ^_^
    The funny thing is... I can almost remember a time when I thought like that... Was that really me...? What happened...?

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    *offers teddy to hug*
    *cuddles teddy*

I hope this is a rhetorical question.

I like waking up. Every day is a new day. Pre-dawn is my favorite part because I haven't had a chance to screw up or procrastinate yet.

Still, I'd want the pill just in case. It would save the time and effort of walking down to the railroad tracks or rummaging around for ammo. Less mess for everyone else to clean up, too.

No, I'm not suicidal. I'm old enough to have realized that circumstances can arise where you're delaying the inevitable for no good reason. When/if that happens, I'd prefer to go out on my own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I like waking up. Every day is a new day. Pre-dawn is my favorite part because I haven't had a chance to screw up or procrastinate yet.
    I effing love this.

- - - Updated - - -

wait wait wait wait wait

Is this a suicide pill or a sleep-forever pill?

Every day is a new day. Pre-dawn is my favorite part because I haven't had a chance to screw up or procrastinate yet.
    Gosh... I can remember when days felt like that... a new beginning, a line in the sand... instead of just more of the same.

Still, I'd want the pill just in case. It would save the time and effort of walking down to the railroad tracks or rummaging around for ammo. Less mess for everyone else to clean up, too.

No, I'm not suicidal. I'm old enough to have realized that circumstances can arise where you're delaying the inevitable for no good reason. When/if that happens, I'd prefer to go out on my own terms.
    How very sensible... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    wait wait wait wait wait

Is this a suicide pill or a sleep-forever pill?
    Is there a practical difference...? Who cares so long as you don't wake up?! That's it; no more. Well... I can dream...

I am by no means suicidal, and love my life way too much to ever do such a thing. If I was going to die, Id rather die on my motorcycle than take a pill.

Definitely not in the past, not now, nor in the forseeable future. Like Maxx, I love waking up, although alarms suck. Waking up on my own is good stuff. The transition between dreams and wakfulness is one of the really good parts of the day and then there's all the potential of what might happen or be done. Just knowing that I've got a shower in my near future is a happy thought.

It's possible that at some point my physical or mental health could deteriorate sufficiently that something like that would be either reasonable or seem reasonable but for now, life is great, even when it's not so great.