Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on an abdl-related youtube podcast

Default thoughts on an abdl-related youtube podcast

Hey guys so i was thinking about starting up a youtube channel, like with a talk show format, to just talk about ab/dlism and shed some light on the subject/address some common misconceptions about it all and maybe do a weekly/bi-weekly show update.

Could even do some question and answer episodes and let people ask questions about it and answer them on the next episode, etc.

I just wanted to post the idea and get some feedback on it first before i decided to do anything, so what do y'all think?

If you want to get trolled to hell and back, sure it's a good idea. Also asides from people all getting on via webcam and on a good chatting system, I can't see it being anything other then a podcast. Plus who's it for AB/DL's only or just trying to get AB/DL in the public eye more?

Personally I just can't see it working out too well, plus I don't think you'd find many people willing to join/be guests. Not like mean of us want to be out there publicly, not even on youtube.

I doubt it's a good idea if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

If you're just looking for a podcast to listen to, you can try the Big Little podcast (biglittlepodcast.com). It's one of my favorites to listen to.

Probably wouldn't help the cause and would set us up to ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Probably wouldn't help the cause and would set us up to ridicule.
    Exact, I don't think that the general public is ready to accept this world of AB/DL at all, look at the comments people receive when they do AB/DL stuff on youtube, some are good because they come from other AB/DL people but most of the comments are really bad and most of them are deleted quicker than they are posted because of how harsh the comments are to the original poster of the video.

My idea is to get on and present information in a way that would appear to be more research based, instead of experience based. I have it all planned out its just hard to convert my idea to text. I was thinkin maybe making some "pilot episodes" first and putting them in the thread and see what type of response they get here and then decide what to do with them from there because I can't properly explain it through text

Quote Originally Posted by geauxblue View Post
    My idea is to get on and present information in a way that would appear to be more research based, instead of experience based. I have it all planned out its just hard to convert my idea to text. I was thinkin maybe making some "pilot episodes" first and putting them in the thread and see what type of response they get here and then decide what to do with them from there because I can't properly explain it through text
    Well, make some videos, upload them to your own computer to begin with. Then think twice (and twice again) about the YouTube podcast - getting tons of sh** from haters and idiots...hm, not really nice to get for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxblue View Post
    Hey guys so i was thinking about starting up a youtube channel, like with a talk show format, to just talk about ab/dlism and shed some light on the subject/address some common misconceptions about it all and maybe do a weekly/bi-weekly show update.

Could even do some question and answer episodes and let people ask questions about it and answer them on the next episode, etc.

I just wanted to post the idea and get some feedback on it first before i decided to do anything, so what do y'all think?
    Honestly, I know you have every good intention but I don't think any good will come from it. Also, and I honestly mean no offence when I say this, you're only 19; when I was 19 I didn't have anything close to a pragmatic and mature take on how to give intelligent easy-to-swallow answers to difficult questions.
    I would not successfully be able to pull off what you want to do now aged 30 (even if I were to disregard all the trolling that would inevitably come with such a video).
    And imagine trying to deal with the public on the back-foot because they think you're a freak/pervert/etc. by default. Are they going to listen to you or heckle and throw rotten tomatoes?
    You'd need to be able to smooth talk the hindlegs off a donkey to pull that off!

I can't stop you but, please, don't do this.

sorry mate, I know you meant well. Hope the criticism was taken in the right spirit.