Thread: safety pins

Default safety pins

I can't seem to find the massive old-fashioned safety pins anywhere these days! The closest I've found (and which I use right now) is kilt pins. otherwise, they tend to be the type with the white heads that are a couple of inches in length...Does anyone know an online ABDL store that sells them?

thanks, i have some like that, but they're not as big as the ones i'd like! My mum used to have one lying around in a fabric box but i think she must have thrown it out (else i'd have pinched it haha!)

they were sort of like this: 5 Silver Plated Kilt Pins 64mm long F69 | eBay but they had another bit to them... I've asked (as discretely as possible) in a number of shops with no luck :P

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSHp-BRCn5ip-Fw~~60_35.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	16263

The ones in those links are made to look like baby pins but they're twice as big. You won't find anything else, except those kilt pins.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    The ones in those links are made to look like baby pins but they're twice as big. You won't find anything else, except those kilt pins.
    Don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure that's true. I've bought a pack from cuddlz and they appear to be the same size as nappy pins from mothercare.

Not sure of your intended use for these pins, but if they're for diapers, be advised that the taper on the 3" AB/DL diaper pins tends to be very steep -- like a nail. They'll work ok with very loose, stretchy fabrics like gauze, but try to pin twill, birdseye, or flannel and... it's work! I started popping threads in the corner of one of my twill diapers and just decided it wasn't worth it. I got my jumbo pins from Baby Pants, and they are so far my only Baby Pants purchase that I'm disappointed in. If you intend to put yours to serious diapering use and aren't wearing gauze diapers, I suggest getting your stone, file, or grinding wheel ready! I ultimately just tossed my jumbo pins and resumed using baby diaper pins -- so much easier. And then (in some cases) Boingos.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 26-Feb-2013 at 14:02.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Joans fabric
    They are called blanket safety pins they are big at joans fabirc,s that's what i use.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Not sure of your intended use for these pins, but if they're for diapers, be advised that the taper on the 3" AB/DL diaper pins tends to be very steep -- like a nail. They'll work ok with very loose, stretchy fabrics like gauze, but try to pin twill, birdseye, or flannel and... it's work! I started popping threads in the corner of one of my twill diapers and just decided it wasn't worth it. I got my jumbo pins from Baby Pants, and they are so far my only Baby Pants purchase that I'm disappointed in. If you intend to put yours to serious diapering use and aren't wearing gauze diapers, I suggest getting your stone, file, or grinding wheel ready! I ultimately just tossed my jumbo pins and resumed using baby diaper pins -- so much easier. And then (in some cases) Boingos.
    I discovered the same thing. They even say in their add to coat the pin with soap so it will slide into the fabric. I tried this and it worked marginally, plus it was a pain. I wondered why they couldn't make a longer pin, but with the same diameter as the smaller pins. I realize there would be a great chance of bending them, but with some care, that could be avoided and one would be able to pin a larger area of cloth.