Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I untrain myself?

Unhappy How can I untrain myself?

I love falling asleep in diapers and wearing them, but I cant seem to use them when Im asleep :c I always wake up and need to use the bathroom. I really want to wake up wet, but just cant.
    How do you get to be able to use them while you are asleep?

I have a similar problem. I just can't g lying down. I have to sit up or even stand up to pee. Kinda defeats the purpose of sleeping through the night.

I'd reconsider wanting to actually wet while you're sleeping. While it may seem fun, consider the downsides of having to worry about diapers at night for reasons other than fun, how much more difficult trips would be, how sleeping over at a girlfriend/boyfriend's place would work before you tell them about AB/DL, etc. Lots of downsides. Few upsides.

If you must, you can probably train yourself to go while lying down with enough relaxation and visualization techniques. That seems like it would be a lot safer. Yes, you'll still have to wake up, but you won't have to get out of bed.

While not recommended, you can first train yourself to go while lying down and start doing that a lot, eventually you might start to wet in your sleep. As littleacorn said, though, the downsides far outweigh any benefit of bedwetting.

Have you ever had to wake up next to someone you haven't told and explain to them why they're inexplicably wet? And do so without having had any sleep really for fear that you were gonna wake up wet?

I can tell you it's not fun, >_>

1. Power drill
    2. be retarded with power drill
    3. ????
    4. Profit!

(Warning: Power Drills and Power Tools are dangerous. Do not be retarded with power drills and/or power tools.

Drilling into your bladder will make you leak in suspecting and unsuspecting ways, limited to but not excluding blood, pus, bowel contents, tears, vomit and/or urine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maurepas View Post
    Have you ever had to wake up next to someone you haven't told and explain to them why they're inexplicably wet? And do so without having had any sleep really for fear that you were gonna wake up wet?

I can tell you it's not fun, >_>
    yes...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    yes...
    Yeah, so I wouldn't consider "untraining" to be a good idea. It's one of those things where I understand why one would want to, but I also think the practical implications aren't always well understood.

Quote Originally Posted by skwidgrl View Post
    I love falling asleep in diapers and wearing them, but I cant seem to use them when Im asleep :c I always wake up and need to use the bathroom. I really want to wake up wet, but just cant.
    How do you get to be able to use them while you are asleep?
    Wetting in your sleep definitely has its down side so you should consider this before attempting to change the habits that stop you from wetting in your sleep.

You are unlikely to ever get rid of the habits that you already have but it is possible to add to them in such a way that new conditioning can lead to a wet bed or diaper in your sleep. There are a number of factors that will affect whether this is even possible for you and the process can take a lot of time and patience. So remember this when you find that it is not working for you.

There are two reasonable options in achieving what you are looking for. The first would be to try some sort of hypnosis. For some this will work but it is not effective for everyone. The second method, which is what I followed, involves a series of conditioning and relaxation steps. So roughly this is what you would do:

First it is important to understand the nature of your potty training. If you were a bed wetter as a child there is a better chance that you will be able to achieve this again at some point. However, if it find it very hard to wet even in the daytime you will have a very hard time achieving anything.

For myself I found that a series of things were getting in the way of me soaking my diapers at night so I had to overcome those issues. The quality of the diaper I was wearing was one of those issues. I could not relax fully, which is necessary, if I was wearing a diaper prone to leaks. Interestingly now that I am wetting in my sleep I usually will not wet if the diaper I am wearing does not instill that level of confidence. Privacy issues work the same way. If you fear being discovered, or someone seeing you in diapers, you are unlikely to achieve success.

So lets set the stage for how to get started. The first challenge is to develop the ability to wet while in bed if you can't already do this. I find that it is easier, as I have already stated, if I have adequate privacy, if I feel safe and comfortable, when my bladder has some urine in it but the need to go is not significant. A very good diaper is essential and a mattress protector is a very good idea. Once you are in bed with your diaper securely fastened it is a matter of mental reinforcement and relaxation. Start by giving yourself permission to wet and reassuring yourself that it will be ok because you are well diapered. While this may seem silly it is a very important part of the ongoing process. As you lay in bed simply relax. I personally use a self hypnosis technique where I relax my body deeply starting at the tip of my toes and working gradually to the top of my head, until my body feels heavy in bed. Then in a fully relaxed state I relax my bladder. This may well take some time to master but it is a must if you wish to learn to wet in your sleep. Once you are wet go to sleep. I would repeat this process on a nightly basis for several weeks until it becomes relatively easy to just relax and the urine flows into your diaper until your ladder is empty.

As you repeat this process nightly remember part about giving yourself permission and reassuring yourself that the diaper will hold.

You are essentially doing a number of things here. First, you are developing a relaxation level that most people never achieve. This is important because it is unlikely to wet in your sleep if it can't do so while awake. You are also teaching yourself that you can wet without forcing the urine out, or more specifically by just relaxing and allowing it to happen. Finally, you are adding to the programming that you already have an alternate to the habit of holding it while you sleep.

You may not achieve a wet diaper in your sleep for quite a while because the process takes time. Once it starts happening it is important to repeat the permission, reassurance and relaxation every night.

I found that after doing this for a couple of weeks I would wake up thinking my diaper was wetter than it was when I fell asleep. I didn't want to risk a setback in the process so I waited for several months to pass before altering the routine. Then on one evening I did everything as before except this time I did not wet before I went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I was in a soaked diaper.

A work of caution. I did this for a few years and eventually got tired of waking up wet. I needed a break so one day I went to bed without a diaper on. I did not go through any of the routine, in fact I stopped after about 6 months, but I still woke up in the middle of the night wetting my bed. T his happened for several nights before I was finally able to sleep dry again.

I find that if I am diapered nightly for extended periods of time I will have accidents when I stop wearing. However, now if I alternate between wearing for a while and not, I generally don't have a lot of accidents when I am not in a diaper. I also don't necessarily wet just because I have a diaper on. It sometimes takes a night or two, and if it has been a while I sometimes have to go through my reassurance / relaxation routine.

Of course your mileage will vary as you have different life experiences and conditioning. Patience and consistency are absolutely a must if you hope to be successful.

Now that I have gone though all of this I find that I really don't want to be diapered every night anymore. The experience numbed my interest in diapers, and more in wanting to ever be 24/7 or just a bed wetter. I enjoy diapers more if I only use them when I need to. I will sometimes wear to bed for a week or two at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurepas View Post
    Yeah, so I wouldn't consider "untraining" to be a good idea. It's one of those things where I understand why one would want to, but I also think the practical implications aren't always well understood.
    if i might ask;
    what does the above have to do with my answering "yes" to your question of having wet a bed that one was sleeping in with another and then having to explain it to them in the morning....