Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DL & AB mainly caucasian?

Default DL & AB mainly caucasian?

This has always made me wonder and you don't see to many black guys or females on any diaper sites like dailydiapers and what not so i was wondering is this just a Caucasian thing? Or all races?

The reason it seems like most ABDLs are Caucasian is because the ABDL sites you visit are English-language sites. Most of the people who use English-language sites are people who live in English-speaking countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc).

Caucasians make up a majority of the population in those parts of the world so statistically, users of English-language ABDL sites are going to be predominantly Caucasian as well.

So your saying there is more races out there then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihlus View Post
    The reason it seems like most ABDLs are Caucasian is because the ABDL sites you visit are English-language sites. Most of the people who use English-language sites are people who live in English-speaking countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc).

Caucasians make up a majority of the population in those parts of the world so statistically, users of English-language ABDL sites are going to be predominantly Caucasian as well.
    While that might be part of it, I don't think that's a complete explanation. About 12% of the US population identifies as Black or African American (according to the 2010 census). A quick and entirely unscientific perusal of reddit and tumblr suggests that the percentage of ABDLs* who are African American is quite a bit lower than 12%. I realize there are several wild assumptions going on here, and there are likely some socioeconomic factors, but it's still an interesting question.

One idea that might be worth further research is the ethnic makeup of the BDSM community or cross-dressers. I'm not motivated enough right now to research that myself, but it's what I'd investigate next.

*Ok, the percentage of ABDLs who are willing to post pictures of themselves online.

There are some pretty huge selection biases when you're basic your sample off of people who post on AB/DL-oriented message boards; drawing any conclusion from the demographics here about the demographics of the AB/DL community as a whole is probably ill-advised.

I just always wondered this see i have dated alot of black woman and i was always afraid to ask them this but my fiance now she is black and i might just ask her what she thinks on this subject maybe culture has a part in this? Either way i have wanted to know this questions for years and i don't know if it can be explained or even found out but im curious for all your guys answers and inputs on this as well

Default Re: DL & AB mainly caucasian?

There are a good number of black abdls but blacks are in a tighter social group. So not wanting to be found out is why you don't see as many.

I wouldn't want to generalise, but African culture tends to view homosexuality more negatively. If someone were to joke about a typical heterosexual Londoner being homosexual, that person would probably laugh and not be sufficiently bothered that he/she would even deny it. Suggest that a Nigerian might be gay and, whilst the Nigerians I have met are very tolerant of other people's homosexuality, any kind of joking that they might be gay would be met with a somewhat hostile (or at least uncomfortable) response. (This is all just my experience -- I'm not trying to over-generalise.)

Homosexuality is illegal in many parts of Africa, so for many black people it's probably not socially accepted in the same way that it is for native Western Europeans (i.e. Caucasians). I'd suggest that cultures in which homosexuality is less accepted probably value social acceptance more and personal liberty less in other areas. So, (perhaps ) black people are more likely to come from societies in which there is more pressure to be seen to socially conform, so it would be more "shameful" for them to be AB/DL than for more sexually/socially liberated Western Europeans....?

I dunno... just a thought...

Why does it really matter what racial or social background someone has, anyway? There are so many people from each "race" that it would almost make as much sense to ask why left-handedness is over-represented in AB/DL circles or whether there are a disproportionally low number of ABs who like bacon...