Thread: Nursery

Default Nursery

What would you like to have in your nursery that you don't already have? What is your favorite thing in your nursery?

Well, I think i'd quite like one for starters! My trouble is i'd want it to magically fold up again so it didn't take up a room's worth of space! I'd love to try sleeping in a cot though. that'd be awesome!

Well,

I don't have a dedicated nursery...was in the process of getting at making one...

But decided the 500 square feet would be used for art studio and a project room...

But, as soon as the weather gets warm again I need to finish my crib/cot...

My crib is a twin size matress...and without lots or power tools is completely escape proof...

I've test fit it some, and it's big!...but it will still fit in the master bedroom easily...

Only other item I'd love is a adult baby swing...

I've got an adult stroller and that is really good..

B

Whered you get the adult Stroller?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Whered you get the adult Stroller?
    I actually got mine off Craigslist...

It a convaid cx-18...it's actually super comfortable...

I can only walk about a football field then I'm done. For the day...long story...involves a car windshield and passing through it at high speed...

But, it's like 1000 time more comfortable than a regular wheelchair...

My back hurts so bad in a regular wheelchair after any length of time...

I can do a Walmart trip in a regular wheelchair but, it's starting to get uncomfortable already...

Now, if I'm going out to the mall, or with the gf at the park I use the stroller...

I've got a bad foot/leg two blown discs in my back, blown out rotator cuff and too many to count detached ligaments and tendons...although the only up side is I can't feel most of my right foot that was crushed...

But, these are available on Craigslist and alike at a reasonable price...new they are like over 2k.

Mine has the 5 point seatbelts and the feet straps witch I always use...one time was in the park and my foot fell off the plate and was drug a bit...wore through the shoe and into my foot a bit before my gf saw blood by her feet...

Like I say, can't feel that foot...I've wrecked it so many times over he last three years...

Anyhow, I like it a lot...once I get in and buckle in...then I relax...I can be stubborn...

I added a plate over the main release button...it then takes any key to push it open...they are used on a lot of car seats and such...

I actually worry about letting my muscles go...it took me about a year to be able to walk at all after the accident...and I push my leg and body quite often too much...

So, if you can find one...get it...

I'm still a bit shy about using it...but sometimes I just don't have a choice...

Bret

P.s. I add that depending on your size you may fit the cx-16 as well...that is a 16" wide compared to the 18" wide one I have...

There are many options too, I have the foot rests with straps, the adductor, 5point seatbelts, headrest extension,...the only options that I see that would be cool, are the torso vest, insted of belts, and maybe the tray...

Mine is rated to 250# and I'm 6'0"
    http://www.convaid.com/cruiser-seat-...p-75-l-en.html

I would love tohave a high chair to eat out of. h=just thinking about it makes me really happy and excited. haha. I would lso love to try sleeping in a crib/cot too. again this excites me thinking about it. haha. finally i think a nice play gym or something in the garden would be perfect.

I don't have a nursery, but if I did I'd love to have a ballpit. I saw one the other day in a toy shop that would have been able to accommodate an adult and didn't cost too much. I was very tempted to get it but then realised I'd have nowhere to put it.

Nursery .. That's one of my dream with my gf lol. I'd love to have a crib and a changing table there :p

I have had my crib for a couple of years now. It is a twin size that I had made by a carpenter that I fould on craigslist. He did a great job, it is comfortable and sturdy with a crib side that goes up and down. I also have a high chair that I found at a bar that was closing and got from them. It isn't a real nice one but it does the job. I have the carpenter that made the crib working on a nice high chair now and will think about haveing him do a changing table for me too. It is nice to have a nursery to relax in when stressed.
    SoakedinTexas

We are two Dutch boys who have our own nursery. If you like, you can visit our site. It is in Dutch, but with a lot of pictures and maybe you get ideas for your own nursery.

Welkom