Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anime

bigbabyderek2012

Question Anime

I am a huge anime fanatic and am deep into the anime culture and wondered if any of you are into anime and cosplaying and what are your favorite anime's?
    my favorite anime's are vampire knight, bleach, gundam 00 and cat planet cuties

Girls Bravo FOR THE WIN! its absolutely hilarious, and is about this boy who is allergic to women. Though I think Kazuharu Fukuyama (the main antagonist) really makes the show. He is probably the most perverted character in anime history.

nope sorry everyone DRAGONBALL Z beats you all

TigerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by sudburyman View Post
    Dragonball Z is rather epic. I watched it all the time when I was younger.
    But yeah, my top 3 are Claymore, Pani Poni Dash and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Quote Originally Posted by sudburyman View Post
    Waicon 2013 Dragon Ball Z Panel Saturday - YouTube

But I tend to like dark, creepy, or tragic anime. Here's my list:
    http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Me...ing&order=desc
    I totally don't watch much anime <_<
    Last edited by Rissy; 22-Feb-2013 at 01:03.

Code Geass, Lucky Star, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya my all time favorite.

Fruits Basket, Death Note, Fairy Tail, Vampire Knight, and others.

I really like Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, Slayers, and Lucky Star. I used to watch DBZ but that show got too boring and predictable after awhile. Super strong bad dude appears, Goku trains a bunch and stops them. Whole episodes dedicated to guys screaming and powering up while delivering dull exposition through internal monologues. Ack. I still like Dragon Ball.

I've seen a lot more Anime movies than I have shows, though.

Studio Ghibli was a big part of my childhood. Their whole library is great. If you want to see some great anime films that aren't from Ghibli, you should check out Satoshi Kon's work. It's a real tragedy that he died so young- his stuff was fantastic.

Is there anything out there that's in the same vein as Lucky Star? I'm gonna be finishing it off soon.

TigerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by LaLoneDigi View Post
    Studio Ghibli was a big part of my childhood. Their whole library is great. If you want to see some great anime films that aren't from Ghibli, you should check out Satoshi Kon's work. It's a real tragedy that he died so young- his stuff was fantastic.
    Seconding this. I watched a bunch of Satoshi Kon's films last year and loved them. Perfect Blue especially was a pretty amazing film.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLoneDigi View Post
    Is there anything out there that's in the same vein as Lucky Star? I'm gonna be finishing it off soon.
    I can't think of any off the top of my head that blend Slice of Life and Otaku comedy in quite the same way as Lucky Star does, but even if you just like the Slice of Life genre, I recommend Azumanga Daioh, if you've not seen it already. It's both adorable and hilarious.