Thread: Wowzers, was not expecting this!

Default Wowzers, was not expecting this!

First, I want to say 'hey guys!' I've been lurking around here for way too long without an account.

Anyway, a little back story. I live in a dorm, and, due to the nature of living in a dorm, I have been trying to keep my stash relatively small. I've been without diapers for three months now (and I've only used two since September). Three months ago, I ordered samples from Depend, Tranquility, and everyone else I could find free samples from, but none of them had arrived and I have been really longing for some padding for a while.

So last week, I was looking around the 'net and had been eyeballing the HDIS men's sample pack and finally decided 's**** it, I'm gonna buy it' because it was cheap and had a nice variety.

Now, I had ordered an ABU sample pack a year earlier and found that it came in a small enough package, and I figured that the average package of adult diapers isn't too big, so I didn't think twice about ordering the HDIS one. Even after ordering the one from HDIS, I was thinking it would't be exceptionally large because the tracking info said it was 11"x11"x11".

Well, the tracking said it was out for delivery today (a day early), so I found a window of time where my roommate and friends on my floor were out and went down to pick it up. To my surprise there were two receipts to sign before they went to grab my package. Again, I thought nothing really of it and signed them. Next thing I know, the guy comes back with a box that's more like 24"x12"x12" and a much smaller black box sitting on top of it.

Turns out I got my Depends samples and my HDIS samples on the same day (an amazing coincidence given that my order was supposed to arrive tomorrow). Luckily the Depends package looked more like it would be some sort of electronics (I'd say it was about 8"x5"x2", black wrapped in shrinkwrap and had a shipping label on the outer plastic hiding the 'Depends' logo although it was very slightly visible through it), and I didn't see anyone I knew on the way back. The HDIS package was a box inside a box (the inner one being blue and having something along the lines of HDIS Sample pack in large white letters on the side), and the plastic package of diapers inside was still massive (I want to say like 18"x10"x6"). Aside from being huge, it was pretty discreet; it didn't say anything like 'incontinence supplies' or anything on it.

Now the best part is that I have been padded all day, it's been a rainy day (my favorite time to wear), and my roommate has been gone practically all day. I just hope I can hide the huge bag of diapers from everyone, I think I've got a decent spot, but it's kinda in a high traffic area.

I just wanted to post this, primarily, to help out anyone planning on ordering samples by giving them a bit of a heads-up on what to expect, and because I wanted to share with you guys how perfect my day has been. I also want to say that I wouldn't order this sample pack to a dorm again; it's not very easy to hide.

One word of warning, the one time I ordered from HDIS, I started getting their catalog in the mail.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask about that. If I send them an email asking them to stop sending the catalogs, they should stop, right? I thought I read that somewhere... It's not really too big a deal, there's a trash can literally right next to my mailbox, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMasPantalones View Post
    Oh yeah, I meant to ask about that. If I send them an email asking them to stop sending the catalogs, they should stop, right? I thought I read that somewhere... It's not really too big a deal, there's a trash can literally right next to my mailbox, anyway.
    I'm a customer of their's and I requested they don't me stuff through the mail. When I get my monthly shipment of Attends they put all their literature in the shipment.
    It goes right in the trash when I take the 2 packs out of the box.