Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those in this at least 5 years ... how many times have you tried to purge?

Default For those in this at least 5 years ... how many times have you tried to purge?

I was having a talk on the phone with a kiddo earlier today about her purging this lifestyle and becoming "normal". I explained to her that "normal" is the perception of a person with a closet full of skeletons. After a brief thought she started to point out all of the times in life she found out about someones closet full of secrets. It took me back to the one and only time I have ever tried to purge this lifestyle. I was successful in my try because I wasnt an ab ... im a daddy. Anyone else recall the last time they tried to ditch being the person they are?

I only got rid of my stash on two occasions. Once was a proper purge, driven by self-loathing when I was still a teen. The second time was following a second discovery by my mother and I decided that this was too hazardous to continue at home. At that point I didn't really expect that I'd ever stop desiring them but I believed (and was shown to be correct) that I could go without accessories for an indefinite period (years, in that case) as required. I continued to have binge/purge feelings into my 20s but I'm pretty attached to my things and don't let them go easily. I really only started to come to more proper terms with it all after moving out on my own. When the major forbidden element of my family was removed from the equation, the angst was significantly reduced and I was able to start building on it in a more positive way.

During my college years, when I was frequently moving back and forth between college and my parents' house, I tossed my stash (or most of it) on several occasions to avoid its being discovered. I can't remember ever having a proper "purge," though. I did go a few months without wearing during my freshman year of college, but that was not a conscious decision. Rather, I was so overwhelmed by the newness of everything that diapers, other hobbies, etc., just fell by the wayside.

i tryed once when traveling for work and to be onist even if i did purge again i know i wouldnt be able to clear it all there jsut to much of it around the place and its far to much of part of me to even think of trying to remove it

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyHatiwolf View Post
    I was having a talk on the phone with a kiddo earlier today about her purging this lifestyle and becoming "normal". I explained to her that "normal" is the perception of a person with a closet full of skeletons. After a brief thought she started to point out all of the times in life she found out about someones closet full of secrets. It took me back to the one and only time I have ever tried to purge this lifestyle. I was successful in my try because I wasnt an ab ... im a daddy. Anyone else recall the last time they tried to ditch being the person they are?
    I've never tried to purge. I'd support anyone who wished to do so, but for myself, it is merely a part of who I am.

I purged once. When I was moving in with my GF. Thought, this would be it...move on with a solid relationship and leave my "baby" days behind me. A few months after that, I began again. No matter how hard, it will call you back. I've come to realize, it is who I am and its a part of me. There are times when the draw is not as strong and others when it feels like I need to be sucking my thumb and in my diapers all the time. Its an ebb and flow.

I used to purge TONS, I've been doing this since the late 80's. I've not purged anymore since probably the late 90's. I finally came to the realization I was throwing money away when the next day or so I would go buy more things again. Once the part of guilt of wasting money way gone, I started to more easily accept myself. Of course I was a newly wed then and my wife helped me through a lot too.

Usually I only purge when I have the fear that something big is going on. that hasn't happened in quite awhile. I never kept a big supply or had many other items (pacis, etc) but in college it happened quite frequently.

Only a few times, and then only because living circumstances dictated, ie, not enough privacy. Never because I wanted to quit or thought it was the thing to do.

I only purged once, and at the time I didn't have much to throw away. I do regret it though, because I threw away about $100 in plastic pants. Not to mention a whole bag of Bambinos. I think I was just having a bad week and displaced my feelings onto the part of me that loves my diapers. I learned my lesson that one time though, if I ever feel the "urge to purge" I'll just stash everything away in a box somewhere and leave it.