Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can anyone help me?

  1. #1

    Default Can anyone help me?

    I was just typing on my boyfriend's computer (which is really, really expensive, about $1500), and all of a sudden it went black and the charging cord stopped working too and I pressed the on button, and now it won't turn off. Does anyone know what could cause this? I didn't get water on it or anything, and as for the cord, his puppy chewed it up but we fixed it with electric tape. I really don't want him getting home to see it broken, it'll make him pretty upset

  2. #2

    Default

    I have the same problem a while back. First thing is that the laptop batteries is dead because it probably wasn't charging because of the charger cord not working. So what the problem is that you need a Charging cord. You can try to fix it but it going to bitch, because my dad had to fix my a while back and it was a bitch, but lucky we got it working again so we didn't need to get a new one.

  3. #3

    Default

    If the wires in the charger are frayed, then just taping it over may not be enough. If it acts up you might need to cut it on both sides of the damage and splice the wires with some solder (which shouldn't be too hard), and then tape over it.

    But, as for not turning off -- it sounds like your system hung. To hard power it off, just hold the power button down. It will probably take 5-10 seconds to actually switch off.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    But, as for not turning off -- it sounds like your system hung. To hard power it off, just hold the power button down. It will probably take 5-10 seconds to actually switch off.
    I tried holding it down for over 20 seconds, it still shows it's on >.<

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    the lights are just on, this is a laptop so I usually don't hear it run

  7. #7
    2low

    Default

    Take out the power batterie out ?
    it wont have a choice to being off

  8. #8

    Default

    Take out the battery and Replace the charger (with a NEW one).
    End of story.

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Default

    If you want to be sure it's off...take out the battery for about 30 seconds 'n then put it back.

    As for the charger...it probably isn't charging properly (and if the light isn't on on the charger itself...it isn't charging at all!). I had the wire on my charger get caught in a hinge (don't ask!)...and although it was in the part between the adapter and the laptop rather than the electrical outlet and the adapter it still caused it not to work. Oh, yeah, I did wrap it in electrical tape and that held it for a month or two...but then it just went completely dead and I had to fork out $80 for a new charger (although this one is really nice with adapter plugs for pretty much every laptop every made in the kit! :-D).

    BTW don't use a regular electric adapter like for a video camera or whatever 'cause it's not going to work properly and could burn out your laptop.

    ps Keep electrical cords away from the puppy...they could hurt him! (to say nothing of the damage he could do to them!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.