Thread: Where to get training pants/plastic pants retail-NOT online

Default Where to get training pants/plastic pants retail-NOT online

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where I can get trainers and plastic pants that fit me?? Will clothing size play a factor??

My pants size ranges from kids size 14 jeans - 29'' skinny jeans.

I live with my parents and don't have a credit card so buying online isn't an option for me. Already had a close call with free samples! (Nothing seen, no further inquiries)

Places I've tried already: Target, Walgreens, WalMart, Goodwill-type places, Buy Buy Baby (don't ask...haha!)

Even with your skinny waist, there will be no squeezing into a toddler's cloth trainer. Due to the many layers of fabric, cloth trainers tend not to stretch much -- certainly nowhere near as much as the disposable kind.

Also: Do you have some way to wash a cloth trainer? I'm surprised that you'd be worried about your parents intercepting your order and yet not be worried about washing/drying cloth training pants in (presumably) their laundry machines. If parental entanglements are a concern, GoodNites or UnderJams would be a better choice. You seem likely to be small enough that they'd fit well, and they're available everywhere.

Wait until you can safely order diapers before springing for cloth training pants. AB/DL diaper stores are really the only place to cloth trainers for bigger people. The Baby Pants trainers are, IMO, excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyDL View Post
    I live with my parents and don't have a credit card so buying online isn't an option for me. Already had a close call with free samples! (Nothing seen, no further inquiries)
    Something that not a lot of people consider when they rule out ordering online is the fact that you actually can do it without a credit card and without mailing to your house, so you don't need to worry about nosy parents or siblings.

What is this madness you ask? Well, it is a combination of two little known things you can do in your situation:

1) You can get a prepaid credit card from convenience stores like 7-Eleven or Macs. Cards like like Prepaid Visas and Vanilla Mastercards... (I recommend the latter because they only require a Postal/Zip code to activate online, and that is easy to fake.) These things will have a certain amount loaded on them that you can use to buy whatever online. No bills or any real records that could give you away. (Since you pay the amount the card is worth initially.)

2) You can get a PO box at a Post Office... A box you ship your stuff to that has nothing to do with your address. It is a very good place to order in embarrassing stuff because it means you don't even need to worry about running into anyone when you are buying it like you would if you were to pick up your supplies at a local grocery store in person. You just order whatever in, and then pick it up from the Post Office whenever you are ready to.

If you consider this, your options grow a LOT... Suddenly you can get all of the diapers and supplies that you commonly hear us talking about, and without the fear of being discovered if someone else opens your mail or checks their credit card statement.

Quote Originally Posted by thingywhat View Post
    Something that not a lot of people consider when they rule out ordering online is the fact that you actually can do it without a credit card and without mailing to your house, so you don't need to worry about nosy parents or siblings.

What is this madness you ask? Well, it is a combination of two little known things you can do in your situation:

1) You can get a prepaid credit card from convenience stores like 7-Eleven or Macs. Cards like like Prepaid Visas and Vanilla Mastercards... (I recommend the latter because they only require a Postal/Zip code to activate online, and that is easy to fake.) These things will have a certain amount loaded on them that you can use to buy whatever online. No bills or any real records that could give you away. (Since you pay the amount the card is worth initially.)

2) You can get a PO box at a Post Office... A box you ship your stuff to that has nothing to do with your address. It is a very good place to order in embarrassing stuff because it means you don't even need to worry about running into anyone when you are buying it like you would if you were to pick up your supplies at a local grocery store in person. You just order whatever in, and then pick it up from the Post Office whenever you are ready to.

If you consider this, your options grow a LOT... Suddenly you can get all of the diapers and supplies that you commonly hear us talking about, and without the fear of being discovered if someone else opens your mail or checks their credit card statement.

If you have a UPS store in your town you can check with them and see what their requirements are and have your purchases sent there.
    They normally have a $5.00 fee if you don't have box with them. Another payment option is Pay Pal or a debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by thingywhat View Post

Have you tried them? I saw these card last time i was away. But most sites need the card to match the shipping address. Just wondering if that can the address be added to prepaid cards?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyDL View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get trainers and plastic pants that fit me?? Will clothing size play a factor?? My pants size ranges from kids size 14 jeans - 29'' skinny jeans.
    I've been wearing diapers for decades, yes that's right, long before the internet. Cloth diapers, trainers and plastic pants for older children and adults have always been a specialty item that you used to get through mail order catalogs and today you can get through internet sites. You will not find them in brick and mortar stores, with the exception of some types of waterproof pants in Medical Supply stores. With a little ingenuity, you can order them online and get them discreetly. Otherwise, don't waste your time going to stores.

Default Re: Where to get training pants/plastic pants retail-NOT online

Medical supply stores are your only hope. You can call these places first so you don't waste your gas.
    Don't go to major brand stores either, they'll be a waste of time. Go to google and type medical supply along with your city and state. Go to the places for the search terms. Some places have websites, and might be able to get around calling places.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Have you tried them? I saw these card last time i was away. But most sites need the card to match the shipping address. Just wondering if that can the address be added to prepaid cards?
    They will work on most sites provided you activate them online first. And for those that don't... You can add the cards to PayPal and use it as a "broker" because PayPal accepts them.

It's also worth noting that if you get the Prepaid Visas, they ask you for an address when you register them online, whereas a Vanilla Mastercard only asks for a Postal/Zip code.

They also have a thing called "delayed redemption" that means you have to wait an hour after activating your card before you can use it.

If you're 18 (and you should be!) surely you're old enough to just get a Current Account (or I think a Checking Account as they're called in the states)?

You'll need one eventually, so just do it. I got my first when I was 14 and I still have the account (and use it monthly) today.

Not sure where you live, but try your local FAMILY pharmacies. You can find plastic pants if you look hard enough in these places.