Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

Since I've started wearing a diaper I've bought 3 packs. At 10$ each for the Goodnights Disposable pull up. I've spent 30$ in a little over a month. I got to looking and I found a cloth adult diaper done in the same materials and style as a child's cloth diaper. For that their asking 50$ and it is done in a carebear print. I've come to enjoy the feeling of the pull up but I wish it had more coverage in the back. Its adorable and I've been staring at it all day.

My question is this. Is it worth it? and I guess Whats the difference in coverage. Google isn't that clear and I haven't really seen anything laying out the differences between diaper versus pullup?
    Any thoughts on this before they sell out on the item.
    Kerry

Simply put, a pull-up is a diaper that's meant to look and feel (and obviously go on) like underwear while still providing some protection. Usually they don't rise quite as high as a well-fitting "normal" diaper, and the crotch tends to be a lot narrower (for comfort). These same traits mean that they tend to be less absorbent and less suitable for messing (if you do that) because there's simply less "room."

Quote Originally Posted by KerryLynn View Post
    Since I've started wearing a diaper I've bought 3 packs. At 10$ each for the Goodnights Disposable pull up. I've spent 30$ in a little over a month. I got to looking and I found a cloth adult diaper done in the same materials and style as a child's cloth diaper. For that their asking 50$ and it is done in a carebear print. I've come to enjoy the feeling of the pull up but I wish it had more coverage in the back. Its adorable and I've been staring at it all day.

My question is this. Is it worth it? and I guess Whats the difference in coverage. Google isn't that clear and I haven't really seen anything laying out the differences between diaper versus pullup?
    Any thoughts on this before they sell out on the item.
    Kerry
    Here's a link to try www.depedeco-adult-diapers.com there alot of baby prints on this site wiyh good prices. I have 8 of them.

I found one of those on Ebay, I'm looking at one of the Care Bare print Its just the price I wanted opinions before I spend 45$ on it. From what I'm seeing I'm willing to do it because I wont have to buy a new pack every week to 2 weeks. In the long run it will be cheaper and its a diaper not a pull up. Thanks

One big question that you'll have to ask yourself is where are you going to clean and store the cloth diaper. If it's not a problem to launder it and keep it hidden in your room then I imagine it's worth taking a shot and trying it out. However the cloth diaper is likely to feel very different from your pull-ups and will require plastic pants to function properly.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Dependeco-All-In-One-cloth-adult-baby-diaper-small-medium-large-Carebears-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/hBkAAMXQZdFRHoeP/$T2eC16FHJHIE9nysd-GiBRHoeO0MNQ~~60_35.JPG

This looks absolutely adorable and I'm definitely tempted to get one right now. But it's ultimately up to what you're into or willing to explore. (I wish I could find one with Grumpy, Oopsy, and Funshine though.)

Just to continue on what kwisy said, being able to wash them is crucial. The reason I haven't invested in cloth diapers is because I live in a dorm and still share washer and dryer with tons of other people. Washing a diaper in those is out of the question, so I can't buy a cloth one (no matter how cute the prints are )

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    Just to continue on what kwisy said, being able to wash them is crucial. The reason I haven't invested in cloth diapers is because I live in a dorm and still share washer and dryer with tons of other people. Washing a diaper in those is out of the question, so I can't buy a cloth one (no matter how cute the prints are )
    i feel bad for you. i dont have a way to clean them besides going to a laundry mat and cleaning that way. tbh i have no problem doing that and plan on buying the buzz lightyear print here soon .

i am currently at the rate im going spending 800+ a year on diapers thats roughly 80 a month. and i looked at 4 of those cloths for 229 + 5 stuffers to add more thinckness and absorbancy to it . on top of this im gonna have to pay a weekly or bi weekly fee of 2 - 3 dollars to wash them. is it worth it HELL YA . course i like my diapers but i would like something that doesnt take so much money as often im getting tired of buying diapers it to spendy :\.

off to your question whats the difference.
    1. one is made of cotton and gell like supstance(not sure of exactly wat it is im sure can awnser that for you) and the other is made of super absorb cotton and flannel i think.
    2. if using a pullup, they are put on by pulling them up. on the other had cloth is put on with velcro straps
    3. one is disposable the other needs care and matience and needs to be cleaned before every use.
    4. one costs money every time you use it one cost money 1 time and its free after that
    5. 1 looks semi cute the other looks so adorable it will make you die (the cloth is wat im talking about btw)
    6. one is ment for 5 - 14yr olds and the other is ment for adults :\
    7. one holds a wet decently and was built for that. the other is ment to hold everything

this is all i got for now if your wondering goodnights is first cloth diapers is second

i my self have never used a cloth diaper but plan to in the very near future

these are the diapers i plan to get

http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/images/buzz.jpg
    http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/images/starwars.jpg
    http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/images/toystory.jpg
    http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/images/G.I.Joe.JPG

http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/go/view.php?image=images/purpletinkerbell.jpg I've decided on this one. Care Bears are nice but I've loved Tinkerbell forever. If these live up to my hope's I'll get a pair of the care bear's later. Also I've got my own washer and dryer. It gets put in the mail on Tuesday, it should be here by Saturday I'll let you know how it works out.

Remember in your computation, you will spend a little more on dryer time, as cloth diapers take some time to dry.

please do tell me how they are i will probly buy one next week