Thread: Hello

Smile Hello

46 years young, totally 'asexual', but finds great comfort in wearing nappies. Nearly turned my brain inside out over the years trying to analyse the whys and wherefores. Bit creepy being told about how to make an intro here. I can't recall ever being banned from anywhere. Most forums I post on take a more 'watch and see' approach and moderators monitor early new member activity.

Frankly, metaphorically speaking I find the guidlines a straight jacket on character expression; given their most apparent, acknowledged, appreciated security reinforcements. The kind of information you encourage people to post, 20 posts to earn an upgrade, might give the wrong elements opportunity to gleam information which could be used in a disadvantageous manner.

At 46, I'm a solvent survivor of several Tory created recessions. I play guitar, drums, keyboard. I have quite a knowledge of herbal medicine. I like martial arts, and am in the real world a bar-at-law.

I have an i.q. of 140+ and often ponder the almost universally recognised human religious concept of our entire lives being but a click of the fingers in comparison to eternity. Apart from that, who's to tell who how to live it?
    Last edited by PaulUK; 16-Feb-2013 at 21:27.

This isn't a place for personals. If you're interested in being part of the community here, you'll surely make some friends, but just posting a request for people to message/meet up with you isn't going to yield much... partially because people with the 'contributor' status can't send PMs to anybody, so you won't be able to talk to anybody in private.

Try reading through this and this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    This isn't a place for personals. If you're interested in being part of the community here, you'll surely make some friends, but just posting a request for people to message/meet up with you isn't going to yield much... partially because people with the 'contributor' status can't send PMs to anybody, so you won't be able to talk to anybody in private.

Try reading through this and this.
    Sorry 'bout this I tried to post a reply to you earlier but it wouldn't post and I'd presumed that you wanted me to edit my original post - so I did, hope it meets the standard this time.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulUK View Post
    46 years young, totally 'asexual', but finds great comfort in wearing nappies. Nearly turned my brain inside out over the years trying to analyse the whys and wherefores. Bit creepy being told about how to make an intro here. I can't recall ever being banned from anywhere. Most forums I post on take a more 'watch and see' approach and moderators monitor early new member activity.

Frankly, metaphorically speaking I find the guidlines a straight jacket on character expression; given their most apparent, acknowledged, appreciated security reinforcements. The kind of information you encourage people to post, 20 posts to earn an upgrade, might give the wrong elements opportunity to gleam information which could be used in a disadvantageous manner.

At 46, I'm a solvent survivor of several Tory created recessions. I play guitar, drums, keyboard. I have quite a knowledge of herbal medicine. I like martial arts, and am in the real world a bar-at-law.

I have an i.q. of 140+ and often ponder the almost universally recognised human religious concept of our entire lives being but a click of the fingers in comparison to eternity. Apart from that, who's to tell who how to live it?
    Welcome PaulUK to ADISC. I'm a fellow keyboardist as well and I find your iq impressive. How many keyboards do you have or prefer?

We have higher standards here than most places. I don't know why you think it's creepy that we tell people how best to introduce themselves. If people choose to ignore this advice, that is up to them, but it won't endear them to the community.

Anyway I have nothing in common with you (barring a pretty high IQ) so I really have nothing else to add. Welcome all the same, and I hope you enjoy it here.

Default Re: Hello

Hi PaulUK.,

Welcome to the forum, I didnt see your original introduction, so am not able to comment on it, instead I will see this as your "first impression".

I think with things that are often classed as "taboo" (I really don't think it should be though) it is generally better to not question why or whatever, but to just do what feels natural to yourself, and go with the flow of your own feelings, so to speak.

I don't think it is at all creepy that they give advice on how to make an introduction, I have seen a similar format on a FMS forum that I am a member of, and obviously that is far from "creepy".

I don't recall my first 20 posts having such information in them that could be used in the wrong way, they actually discourage the giving of private information, for the security of all members involved.

I love listening to people playing guitar, and I used to play the keyboard quite frequently myself until the illness really kicked in and destroyed any chance of co-ordination between different parts of my body.

Herbal medicine? I might have a few queries for you along those lines, hoping that there are natural remedies for some of my ailments, instead of the cocktail of medication I currently take.

"BAR-AT-LAW"? Could you explain that to my thick and ill-educated brain? I could google it, but tapatalk is not keen on the "multi-tasking" that my phone is so well equipped for, so I will lose this reply if I press the home button to go and peer on wikipedia or chrome.. *sigh*

I take it that 140+ is impressive? I know someone who is very highly intelligent by a stupid amount, so much so that I do not understand them when they talk, but they have 140- in common sense....

I am too stupid to have an IQ...

I don't really believe in God and Jesus and all that malarky, but I do believe in Spiritual "things" whether I am only allowed to believe in Spiritualism if I believe in God etc. is another question entirely...

All that aside, a very warm welcome to the forum, and I hope that you find everything you want in here.

Best wishes,

CV.