Thread: snes, genesis game prices on ebay

Default snes, genesis game prices on ebay

i dont know what has been happening over the past few years but it seems like some games have gone into the ridiculous as far as the asking price. i dont like spending more than the game sold for new, but i have witnessed some auctions that went into the $200 range for something like crono trigger. i mean...really?? i bought the emulator and i was fine with that when it came out for the psx. also got the emulators of the early final fantasy series

this was the most extreme example
    Aero Fighters Super Nintendo SNES Complete in Box CIB with Inserts 724817930021 | eBay

It's an old cartridge that you can't get anymore. Everything is worth what some desperate person is willing to pay for something.
    It doesn't matter if you can buy remakes or play emulators, some people want to collect out-of-production stuff.

thats where im different...im not collecting. i just want to play them. :-)

i havent had much luck in flea markets or garage sales. a friend was fortunate. someone sold an atari 2600 with about 20 games. a cool find

Quote Originally Posted by godhelpme View Post
    thats where im different...im not collecting. i just want to play them. :-)

i havent had much luck in flea markets or garage sales. a friend was fortunate. someone sold an atari 2600 with about 20 games. a cool find
    Most popular games can be bought on modern consoles from their online shops. There isn't really a point to buying old game cartridges/disks if you're not collecting them, because the makers of that game aren't getting any of the money from used game sales

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    Most popular games can be bought on modern consoles from their online shops. There isn't really a point to buying old game cartridges/disks if you're not collecting them, because the makers of that game aren't getting any of the money from used game sales
    i have seen alot of the old games available on the wii site and i do have 2600 emulators (tv plug n play) as well as actual 2600 consoles which i had before the emulators. a few of the games i was able to buy new in the early 1990s.

Yeah, I bought my Wii mainly for the Virtual Console feature. Most of my favorite old titles have been re-released there, however some have not, and so I do occasionally find myself breaking out the real NES and SNES to play games like Bionic Commando and Lost Vikings -- ones that didn't make the leap.

My friends and I also have a semi-regular "Retro Video Game Night" where we drag out all the old consoles and play games that are at least 20 years old. None of us are collectors, but then we're not shopping for cartridges on eBay either. We're just pack rats who still have all our childhood games and consoles lying around. I think my wife would prefer I *sold* all that stuff on eBay!

I own several Atari 2600 consoles and have collected over 100 games for them over the years. I have a list of every game I own so when i go to used game stores, i bring the list, and buy whatever i don't already have. There is also a rarity guide for atari games on AtariAge.com that I also check frequently to know when i find a rare game for a good price. I only buy common games if they are in near mint condition, because there are enough of them out there to be picky. The rare ones I buy in any condition, knowing they may not be there when i come back.

Of the old consoles I still have our Sega Genesis, our n64, and the SNES. Don't have many games for our SNES anymore since my half brother stole most of our games claiming they were 'his'.