Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog food?

Default Dog food?

When I'm in a furry mood, my girlfriend said she wants to feed me only dog food now. So I've been doing some Googlin', because I'm looking for tasty dog food that's tolerable to humans. Any suggestions? Anyone who eats dog food while in fur mode?
    Price doesn't matter too much. Just that I can eat it and not want to like, puke. Today she fed me her dog's Iams and a few doggy treats and.. it was very.. ugh. The treats were nice! x3 But the food... not so much.

Lol, does anyone even ever eat dog food when they're in fur mode.

what is even my life

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSparkyFox View Post
    Haha, sounds funny xD
    Never tried it before :P

-Fox
    Well, I'm the sub in the relationship. She's the 'mommy/owner'. So either way I'm gonna get stuck eating dog food. She said only when I'm in fur mode but I'm alllllways in fur mode. I'm 100% furry. And she's always in caretaker mode. So I'll probably be on a dog food only diet (or close to it) for a while..
    ..it gives me puppy breath.. and she loves puppy breath.. she thinks it's cute.. x3

But the Iams she had me eat really didn't settle good in my stomach. And just.. meh.. But I mean, I don't expect dog food to sit well in a human stomach. Least not until your body adjusts to eating it.. And I've heard there are some good brands of dog food. As in good to humans. I'unno.

I hope my owner doesn't do that to me, would sure shut me up for a while xD
    I can't handle an abscence of Belgian fries and other junk food!

- Fox

- Fox
    that's what happens when you talk back to your owner. and then call her threats empty. x3

... Um, you know that thereīs a difference between being a furry and being some kind of two-legged dog-mutant, right?... Right?!

... Well, Iīm being owned by a tea drinking, cake eating cat, so I really canīt help with precise food suggestions, but I strongly recommend buying the more "exquisite" stuff... you know, just to make sure you get what you paid for... though I guess you can never be absolutely sure...
    Seriously, you donīt want to know whatīs inside some of those dog food cans...
    Iīm sure even dogs wouldnīt want to know...

Alright, well... how shall I put this... let me try:
    YOU ARE HUMAN.
    well, you're a furry but that does NOT change your digestive system nor the need for proper nutrition to stay HEALTHY.

Dogs are entirely different in that regard... the VERY SHORT digestive system in combination with highly more potent acid-mix enables them to eat a lot of things, safely which for a human could be potentially lethal. on the other hand there's poison a grown human can take a much larger amount of than any dog would ever be able to survive. That's just to point you out that these two species digestive "apparatus" works a bit different.
    Also a dog has QUITE DIFFERENT nutritional needs ... not to mention that dogs are able to "extract" more "useful" stuff from VERY LITTLE things.
    after all, they're able to survive on quite a bad diet for a time much longer than most humans would.

I've had a few dogs in my time, and I simply love those creatures and always took great care of them - that also implies not feeding them CRAP.
    And honestly some of the dog-food out there I would NEVER feed to any dog of mine.
    And I personally would NOT want to eat even the best of dog food out there.
    Some of the "vegetarian" dog-treats would be "OK" for human consumption... but certainly not a good diet.

Just be aware, that doing what you do, can have a potentially VERY NEGATIVE influence on your HEALTH.

as with every type of "PLAY" (if that's any BDSM type stuff or whatever): KEEP IT SAFE!

If you insist on eating DOG FOOD:
    Dog and Horse Treats - Bay Horse Cookie Company - Dog Treats
    go for something like this... there's nothing in there that's going to be harmful to you, quite to the contrary..

Certainly though stay away from ANY of the "meat" DOG-FOOD Products.... that stuff's nasty for humans.

other than that... VERY FRESH RAW MEAT... like prime beef tenderloin. Make certain you tell the butcher it's for Tartar... read: RAW Consumption...
    this can actually be delicious if you like your meats blue or if you prepare it as tartar.
    You can quite safely eat raw beef, veal, etc. tenderloin... I'd be cautious with chicken (unless it's REALLY ORGANIC and really well taken care of).
    Raw meat has a nice slight copperish/metallic taste (very mild) due to the blood... I for one like my tenderloin beef parts to be "blue" (prepared at 46-48°C, very rare/blue, VERY JUICY)... but only if it's the highest quality, organically farmed, stuff... the plain scent of it drives me nearly crazy at times and gets my mouth all watery...

Again, be careful of what you eat... and remember with any kind of "PLAY" - you can TAKE IT TOO FAR.... and that's going to have some nasty surprises in it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

PostScriptum: Never forget, even if you really LIVE in a permanent SUB/DOM-like relationship that you NEED to communicate you LIMITS.... Trust me, everyone has his/her limits - no matter how nice it may seem "in your head" / fantasy space to take it to a really hard-core / extreme level... Reality usually imposes some limits to your play, unless you want PERMANENT DAMAGE...

With all things "extreme" in Life: USE YOUR BRAINS....

I'd recommend getting substitutes actually intended for human consumption, instead of real dog food... just 'cause, you know, having to worry about whether the food is going to kill you or make you retch at the taste is kind of a bother. xD

To simulate dog treats, you can buy beef jerky or meat/pepperoni sticks - which actually look a lot like actual dog treats. For dog biscuits, you can get a bone-shaped cookie cutter and bake legit-looking biscuits and cookies. And any breakfast cereal that looks the part can substitute for dog food.

DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS. I TOTALLY DON'T DO THIS ALL THE TIME *shifts eyes*

But yeah, try those out. I'm sure you'll find they taste a lot better than the actual thing.

- Fox
    Why would I ever feed dog food to a fox? Besides, I've always found its smell pretty awful, so nothing to worry about xD Fancy some live poultry instead? ^^

On the other paw, I grew pretty addicted to Belgian fries, bicky burgers, kipcorns, and all that unhealthy and very yummy stuff you have there... screw the mediterranean diet!

Loving the responses. This is exactly the info I wanted. I love you guys. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post

If you insist on eating DOG FOOD:
    Dog and Horse Treats - Bay Horse Cookie Company - Dog Treats
    go for something like this... there's nothing in there that's going to be harmful to you, quite to the contrary..

Certainly though stay away from ANY of the "meat" DOG-FOOD Products.... that stuff's nasty for humans.

other than that... VERY FRESH RAW MEAT... like prime beef tenderloin. Make certain you tell the butcher it's for Tartar... read: RAW Consumption...
    this can actually be delicious if you like your meats blue or if you prepare it as tartar.
    You can quite safely eat raw beef, veal, etc. tenderloin... I'd be cautious with chicken (unless it's REALLY ORGANIC and really well taken care of).
    Raw meat has a nice slight copperish/metallic taste (very mild) due to the blood... I for one like my tenderloin beef parts to be "blue" (prepared at 46-48°C, very rare/blue, VERY JUICY)... but only if it's the highest quality, organically farmed, stuff... the plain scent of it drives me nearly crazy at times and gets my mouth all watery....
    You can safely eat raw meat? xD Oh she'll love that! And this link to the dog treats. xD Yes! Thank you.