Thread: A close-shave? Or what?

Default A close-shave? Or what?

no, I'm not talking about whether I shave down there haha!

Joining Adisc has given me a chance to rethink over some previous incidents in my life; not that it matters to me anymore, but there's one particular instance which I'm still really puzzled over:

about 8 years ago when I was at uni I shared a house with this quite laddish bunch of guys who were all in a band together. I initially thought we had lots in common but it turned out they were quite boisterous and childish (and not in the good sense. They were like vindictive teenage boys in 20-something skins). At the time I was experimenting with baby diapers, I'm sure most ABDLs have done at some stage. Suffice to say I kept this as secret as humanly possible. Until recently, the thought of someone discovering my 'little' side was pretty much my worst fear.

Anyway, one day, they had a photographer round for a band shoot and they had the front room all decked-out in white. I come into the house (by now I was basically living at my girlfriend's house because they were such difficult company) and see they're there in the living room. One of them turns to me and says '*Jsaur*! go and put your nappy on for the photo shoot!'

... I kid you not...

so a small part of me feels like dying and I'm thinking 'ok, seriously, I don't actually have any nappies in my room right now and there's no WAY they've caught me in the act.' So is this them trying to tread on me again or what?

At the time I brushed it off with indifference and then a bit later I took aside the most reasonable of the bunch and probed him with a little faux-disinterest/bemusement: 'seriously, what on earth was that about?'

He didn't really give me much of an answer. From what I could gather by his ambiguous answer they either:

a) knew because they had rummaged through my stuff on a prior date (not out of the question with these lads) and had taken the opportunity to collectively take the piss out of me. Though the individual I questioned didn't have the courage to say as much (great work boys, you'll kick a man in the teeth about his embarrassing secret when there's 4 of you, but act like cowards when he calls you on it)

--OR--

b) had no idea about my 'little' side, and this instance was another example of their picking on me as the runt because I wasn't macho and boisterous like them.

Like I say, it doesn't bother me now. I guess I'll never know. They're not my friends anymore and if I were to see them again, perhaps i'd confront them on it properly now I'm made of tougher stuff.

What do you guys think? Has anyone been through similar?

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    Though the individual I questioned didn't have the courage to say as much (great work boys, you'll kick a man in the teeth about his embarrassing secret when there's 4 of you, but act like cowards when he calls you on it)
    aye, power in numbers...

had no idea about my 'little' side, and this instance was another example of their picking on me as the runt because I wasn't macho and boisterous like them.
    aye, i've heard the term diaper (or nappy) used insultingly before... I'd guess it's either another way of saying (as you suggested) "you're small and physically immature" or "you're stupid in some way"

frankly, if they had found your diaper stash, I'd suspect there'd be a lot more firepower than a one-line attack... there would probably be a lotta laughing & humilitating questions...

Has anyone been through similar?
    sorta... when I was a young teenager, I used to play football with some of the fellow neighborhood kids... one day one of em said somethin bout me wearin a diaper (didn't have diapers at the time, so it was impossible for em to know bout my weird interests)... don't think it was a method of saying I was physically immature because the kid was a coupla years younger than me & smaller... looking back, it was probably a comment on my social immaturity (I was kinda a social retard... ) & he was essentially sayin "your social ineptitude reminds me of a small child"

In general I think sometimes we forget that when people joke/laugh behind your back they are not always meaning harm or wanting to be spiteful. We gossip in groups for social bonding, not because we don't want to cause upset or be rude. If it was clear you wore diapers and didn't mind laughing about it people would probably be more open about their jokes/laughing at(with) you etc.

They probably knew, they probably didn't care that much and from the sounds of it they were probably too immature to be judgemental

Quote Originally Posted by Treacle View Post
    In general I think sometimes we forget that when people joke/laugh behind your back they are not always meaning harm or wanting to be spiteful. We gossip in groups for social bonding, not because we don't want to cause upset or be rude. If it was clear you wore diapers and didn't mind laughing about it people would probably be more open about their jokes/laughing at(with) you etc.

They probably knew, they probably didn't care that much and from the sounds of it they were probably too immature to be judgemental
    Yeah I think you're probably right *sigh* it's a moral victory i suppose