Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many are we?

Default How many are we?

Just pondering things... and looking at alexa traffic rankings....

Just curious about doing an estimation about the entire worldwide AB/DL/TB community. Any news on how many unique hits are on this website mods??

Considering the numbers that I have looked at we are at least +1 million.

and thats a drop in the bucket considering total worldwide population.

ahem...

a few of us did some research into this question a while ago, and we were able to calculate some rough estimates of the population of AB/DLs. i've taken the liberty of disinterring the information and encorporating it into a wiki article:

Population of AB/DLs - ADISC Answers Wiki

it's not a finished article, and it could definitely stand to be fleshed out with other lines of inquiry. still, i hope it answers some questions.

Why is there a stigma against stickies on this forum? We could sticky subjects like this, or we can keep refreshing them with a new post every few months, it doesn't really matter to me, just a suggestion.

Nice article Avery, seems well thought through

Excellent job Avery. Of course, not everyone is one Aby.com. ADISC is the only site that I'm on for example. It took a lot of courage for me to come on, actually. I'm well known in my community, and I didn't really trust the net, but I took a leap of faith. I'm glad I did, as this site has really helped me understand myself. For most of my life, I would have not understood what an ab/dl was. I just knew what I was driven to do. Before the internet, I thought I was a rare freak. Now I live with self acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Excellent job Avery. Of course, not everyone is one Aby.com. ADISC is the only site that I'm on for example. It took a lot of courage for me to come on, actually. I'm well known in my community, and I didn't really trust the net, but I took a leap of faith. I'm glad I did, as this site has really helped me understand myself. For most of my life, I would have not understood what an ab/dl was. I just knew what I was driven to do. Before the internet, I thought I was a rare freak. Now I live with self acceptance.
    I understand how you feel, before I found a mention of it in a Penthouse Letters magazine, I thought I was a unique freak, then a rare freak (in a bizarre twist all of the letters I found and read were from women, so I figured it was a mostly or entirely female fetish). The only difference was that I always accepted that that was who I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    so I figured it was a mostly or entirely female fetish).
    UGH! IF ONLY!!! Haha! I sooo wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    UGH! IF ONLY!!! Haha! I sooo wish!
    Your reaction makes me think that you feel like there's less women interested? Or am I picking it up wrong? Is there a known gender difference for this fetish? I'm really new to this, so I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    Your reaction makes me think that you feel like there's less women interested? Or am I picking it up wrong? Is there a known gender difference for this fetish? I'm really new to this, so I'm just curious.
    Yup, there's a lot more males than females interested in this fetish. According to wikipedia there's an estimated range from 10 to 20 male AB/DLs per female AB/DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Yup, there's a lot more males than females interested in this fetish. According to wikipedia there's an estimated range from 10 to 20 male AB/DLs per female AB/DL.
    Yes rosy, Jabo and wiki is pretty dead on with that estimate. To make it even worse for straight guys just to make us even feel more hopeless than that statistic, about half of the girls are lesbian (Since I noticed your status, no offense, but still does not change the fact it sucks ass for us)....sooo really that comes down to about 5% of ab/dl's are straight or bi girls.