Thread: I don't understand "regression"

Countdown

Default I don't understand "regression"

what is "regression"?

is it just another term for that nice feeling you get from engaging in AB activities? or is it something "transcendent"?

is it voluntary or involuntary?

how often do you "regress"?

is this just a made-up concept that ABDLs enjoy using in order to feel more babyish and submissive?

serious questions... been involved in the community for quite some time, but this concept has often confused me...

Quote Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
    what is "regression"?

is it just another term for that nice feeling you get from engaging in AB activities? or is it something "transcendent"?

is it voluntary or involuntary?

how often do you "regress"?

is this just a made-up concept that ABDLs enjoy using in order to feel more babyish and submissive?

serious questions... been involved in the community for quite some time, but this concept has often confused me...
    Regression only happens for a very few of us, mostly those who experience ESP or other paranormal experiences. For us incredible few, it's like this massive LSD experience where as far as we're concerned, we actually turn into babies. Typically I lose all continence, and for this period of time, and it can last for hours, I have no idea who I am, as I regress to that of a one year old. If it wasn't for my wife, I would probably stay in that state and die of lack of care.

Okay, I'm full of bull sh*t, just like I always am. I think you figured it out in your statements regarding regression. Imagine what it was like when you were a little kid and pretended. For some of us, pretending was an almost real world where we submerged our consciousness into play, and became something or someone else.

Regression happens for me as soon as I put on a diaper. Diapers are a fetish object for me, and sexual, so the mere putting on a diaper triggers certain psychological responses. If I have some alone time, and wet my diaper, I do feel a sense of helplessness, and that of being a baby. If I want to come out of it, or need to do something adult, I simply do. There's nothing holding me there.

Usually if I'm wearing throughout the day, like a Saturday, I will have periods where I'm simply doing chores, and other periods where I can relax and regress. In some ways, it is like a drug trip in that one changes their reality and the world about them. For me, the diaper is the trigger, and my mind responds.

As a child, I was big into pretending, and I suspect that some of us regress more than others, perhaps because we were big into pretending during play when we were very young. Not everyone is wired the same. Interestingly, I have a good imagination to this day, and maybe that's why I enjoy writing, and I like to think that I write well. I dealt with some of this in my Halloween story two years ago for this site. The story is called "Coffee Stop". It deals with a guy who stops for coffee at an abandoned big box store, and he is abducted by something not from our world. He's telling his experience to his state mandated psychiatrist, and so much of the psychology of regression emerges. In the end, the reader must decide if his experience was real or in his mind.

Regression is the brave new world for many of us. It takes us from the world of stress and worries, and on its magic carpet ride, delivers us to babyland. I love that trip.

Who really knows. This is something I experience in varying degrees, and while ill concede that there is a degree of playing and or pretend involved, there is a very real and tangible transformative result that I believe is genuinely regressive. I guess the difference between this form of regression and say that you might experience under hypnosis, is that I retain a degree of control, or at least the ability to cease the regression on demand. With regard to any involuntary elements, I do recognise physical movements that mimic infantile behaviours which just occur during regressive periods. My behaviour, thoughts, communication with my partner, and reactions are all very different to the adult person that I am normally. I feel very different, very little...more-so when interacting with my partner(well mommy at those times) At other times, I can simply feel littleish, I can't really explain it, it's just a feeling that moves through me like a wave, it makes me feel cute and clingy. Like Dogboy says, it kinda feels like a drug. How often, well, it really depends on how life's going, and whether situations allow. One thing is certain, the paraphernalia (diapers etc.) are a significant trigger. There is a definite difference between playing little dress ups, and the overwhelming sensation of regression.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan155 View Post
    It's essentially play acting IMO.
    Yes, a pretty intense kind of 'method acting' I suppose, but it certainly draws up deep emotional and psychological responses that wouldn't normally be so easily accessed. I'm not saying that everyone would experience this, but if you have, you definitely know what I mean.

I've posted about this on other threads and the conclusion is generally that regression is something that varies from person to person and that is very difficult to define. The best general answer I can give is that you'll know what regression is if it happens to you.

The best way I could describe regression in my case would be that it doesn't mean my adult mind is switched off, more that the little sides of my personality is in control for a while. It's an amazing feeling, relatively rare and not something that I can just switch on or off.

I don't regress as I see it frequently described. On occasion, I have felt like my perspective becomes more basic, more interested in sensory information, and I'm more "present" in the moment rather than thinking of other things that are not related to what I am experiencing at that time. I have no sense that this means I am "little", just perhaps less complicated for a while. It's a positive thing, and if I have the time for it, I'll go with the urge when it occurs.