Thread: Female majority

Default Female majority

I was reading this article:
    Why Women Rule The Internet | TechCrunch

and it made me wonder on which are the topics that interest a female majority - aside from the obvious ones like female health, maternity and similar.
    Some traditional ones are all the ones in the "housekeeping" area with phew exceptions like maybe gardening that is 50/50 and electrical/plumbing activities that have male majority.
    Those however can all be considered mainly "duties". Which are the hobbies that today have a female majority?
    And, in a different department and considering the nature of this forum, which are the fetishes that have more appeal for females than for males? (I might consider getting a sudden interest for those, whatever they are )

Baking, yoga, arts and crafts, fashion, dancing and theatre all seem like things that would be dominated by women online. If it seems like a stereotypically girly or effeminate hobby then it is likely that most people talking about it online will be women. In fairness women make up a good portion of a lot of online communities regardless of the subject so it wouldn't surprise me to find out that most communities have a sizeable female population.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Baking, yoga, arts and crafts, fashion, dancing and theatre all seem like things that would be dominated by women online. If it seems like a stereotypically girly or effeminate hobby then it is likely that most people talking about it online will be women.
    Yes because all women follow traditional 1950's house wife stereotypes...

Apart from Yoga anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post

Apart from Yoga anyway
    Sure.. but...

Do you think it's more likely those activities will be male dominated online? :P

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Baking, yoga, arts and crafts, fashion, dancing and theatre all seem like things that would be dominated by women online. If it seems like a stereotypically girly or effeminate hobby then it is likely that most people talking about it online will be women. In fairness women make up a good portion of a lot of online communities regardless of the subject so it wouldn't surprise me to find out that most communities have a sizeable female population.
    I'm not sure if women are generally more likely to be involved in online forums. It's quite possible that is true, in which case things which tend to be enjoyed by woman more than men will appear artificially inflated.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean my dinner isn't ready yet?

*starts running*

No but when I look at my friends you see that all the ones who like the stuff I listed are women (OK I like baking but still), also you only need greater 50% of the people to be female for it to be a majority so 50.1% is still the majority. I never said that women can't like other things, there will be women who enjoy sports or cars or computers or whatever but a lot of girls like stereotypically girly things and there isn't anything wrong with that.

For the hobbies today, posting a ton of stuff on facebook and pintrest =p.

For fetishes, I mentioned in another thread but it seems there is a sizeable female population in the ageplay community. I don't know if it is favored or even not male dominated (as many fetishes are). Wouldn't be shocked if there aren't quite a few others, just don't really pay attention to them.