Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of curiousity... ABDL men to women ratio?

Default Out of curiousity... ABDL men to women ratio?

what do we think the ratio of men to women is in the ABDL community (ABs, DLs, BFs, caretakers-who-do-it-because-they're-into-it etal?) Not that i'm looking to meet someone! Just genuinely curious...

I'm willing to bet it might be quite even-stevens... possibly tipped toward men slightly. dunno...

All our hard evidence in the form of registrations and activity indicate it's tipped heavily in favor of men. There may be mitigating factors such as women not wanting to join online communities where they will get hounded to be mommies, the generally greater acceptance of infantile behavior or clothing for women, etc. I'm willing to believe that it's a bit more balanced than it appears but I think that if there are vast legions of female ABDLs out there, their self-identification and/or commitment must be pretty low. For whatever reason, I think it's mostly a guy thing.

I think it's really hard to get a definitive answer on this because there are so many different online and real-life AB/DL communities, and they attract different people. I've been involved in online communities that were primarily for gay and bisexual men; no surprise that there were few or no women there. I've been involved in other online communities where there was a large straight male presence, but not many women, possibly because women who got involved received a lot of unwanted attention.

On the other hand, I've been to AB/ageplay munches in two different cities where the gender ratio was 50-50 or maybe even 60-40 female to male. And I've been involved in other online communities where the gender ratio was roughly equal, or at least close enough to equal that it didn't seem as if men were a large majority.

I think there a lot of women who are ABDL, it's just that we often don't participate in the online community because some men get their jollies off sending us creepy messages lol

I am told that there is a pretty even split in ageplay as a whole but fewer women like to be little enough for diapers. There are not many female DLs but a lot of women into watersports.

Quote Originally Posted by MissErica View Post
    I think there a lot of women who are ABDL, it's just that we often don't participate in the online community because some men get their jollies off sending us creepy messages lol
    Do you think this is a big factor? I've never participated in the online community apart from adisc, (although I can believe other more adult-orientated sites do have this problem!)

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Do you think this is a big factor? I've never participated in the online community apart from adisc, (although I can believe other more adult-orientated sites do have this problem!)
    It's certainly a contributing factor. I know I've received my share of these messages.

As Trevor said, it seems to be mainly dominated by males.

I am guessing that it is an even split, but that it is like life in a bar.
    Boys have to work harder than girls and therefore, women do not need to express themselves here or work any more than a woman in a bar. They really do not need a forum as much as men for acceptance? Thoughts from both sexes would help for thought here. but then we may never hear the answers we need? Catch 22.