Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bed Was Wet This Morning

Default My Bed Was Wet This Morning

Since I wear diapers 24/7, having a wet one is no novelty to me. I generally wake up two to three times each night to relieve my liquid pressure. Last night, however, for some reason, I just couldn't force myself to get up to take the regular stroll. I knew I was wetting, but thought I could depend on Depend to keep the bed dry. It just didn't happen that way. The pullup was so full it leaked through the leg openings and over the waist. I've never used soakers or other bedding protection before, but now I'm thinking it might be a wise investment. What think ye?

As I've gotten older I've upgraded my overnight diaper to Dry24/7's. I also wear plastic pants over them but I don't use under pads or mattress protection.
    You could possibably use a soaker with plastic pants. You also might want to try the under pads or mattress protection to keep your bed dry. I would also
    try some sample packs of other diapers to find out what would work best for you.
    Here's a link to try. www.xpmedical.com
    Last edited by oleman72; 06-Feb-2013 at 01:59.

Default Re: My Bed Was Wet This Morning

If you're losing some kind of continence during the night, be aware that your pullups are only meant for day time and absorb about 2 cups of liquid. The average human void is about 2 cups. You're body is constantly producing urine through the night and you said that you get up about 3 times a night. You should probably switch to a true nighttime diaper.

Each time you wake up to pass urine, you are disrupting your sleep pattern. Which usually leads to a bad day emotionally and mentally. Depend pull ups are for people with stress incontinence caused by lifting, sneezing, coughing, and ect. They also don't contain floods, especially when laying down. There's only a small amount of padding that usually only covers the front area with a thin layer in the back that only catches a few stray drips that don't get caught by the main padding that may also be at capacity.

Adult pull-ups are terrible for nighttime.

Default Sv: My Bed Was Wet This Morning

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    As I've gotten older I've upgraded my overnight diaper to Dry24/7's. I also wear plastic pants over them but I don't use under pads or mattress protection.
    You could possibably use a soaker with plastic pants. You also might want to try the under pads or mattress protection to keep your bed dry. I would also
    try some sample packs of other diapers to find out what would work best for you.
    Here's a link to try. www.xpmedical.com
    So you mean that you have wet more now when you are older?

Pull-up are not designed to wear when have bed wetting problem.

H0TWH33LS

I just wear whatever mommy puts out for me each night ... You might want to look into bambino's which will absorb more (I've never tried these). You also might night help putting them on at night I hear they can be tricky. Other than Bambinos I have tried Tena's and they do the job well.

There was the problem, you can't depend on Depends. I've tried them before not good for sleep

I am sorry to hear about that. I am a bed wetter myself and I have to wear diapers every night. I used the Dry 24/7 diapers and no leaks. I had also used Bambino, Abena, and Molicare. Those diapers worked great and I had no leaks.

Thanks for the advice, y'all. I'm going to try some of your suggestions. As for the plastic pants, I have several, and even rubber pants, but they all leak through the leg gathers. The leg bindings saturate, and then it's as though I've not worn any protection at all. I've found them to be only good while the diaper does not leak. I guess my real problem is that I like to use the diapers until they're used to the maximum. Something about that bulge sagging, and folks noticing. Perhaps I'm an undercover exhibitionist at heart??????

Default Re: My Bed Was Wet This Morning

Quote Originally Posted by ipfreely2day View Post
    Thanks for the advice, y'all. I'm going to try some of your suggestions. As for the plastic pants, I have several, and even rubber pants, but they all leak through the leg gathers. The leg bindings saturate, and then it's as though I've not worn any protection at all. I've found them to be only good while the diaper does not leak. I guess my real problem is that I like to use the diapers until they're used to the maximum. Something about that bulge sagging, and folks noticing. Perhaps I'm an undercover exhibitionist at heart??????
    Plastic pants over protective underwear doesn't increase the absorbency. It catches a few drops that doesn't get absorbed by the absorbing material. They are meant to be the plastic backing of disposables. Premium diapers are our best choice. We all tend to saturate our diapers. It's what we like to do. Depend in general, doesn't cater to our needs or desires, but it's readily available at any store and is easier and faster to acquire. You are like many on here, I used to be the same way. I ended up finding places that sold diapers that were better and explored online eventually and now I'm a premium diaper geek now lol.

They also sell plastic pants that have plastic around the elastic leg bands. I can't think of any places at the moment, but they are definitely out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Plastic pants over protective underwear doesn't increase the absorbency. It catches a few drops that doesn't get absorbed by the absorbing material. They are meant to be the plastic backing of disposables. Premium diapers are our best choice. We all tend to saturate our diapers. It's what we like to do. Depend in general, doesn't cater to our needs or desires, but it's readily available at any store and is easier and faster to acquire. You are like many on here, I used to be the same way. I ended up finding places that sold diapers that were better and explored online eventually and now I'm a premium diaper geek now lol.

They also sell plastic pants that have plastic around the elastic leg bands. I can't think of any places at the moment, but they are definitely out there.
    Thank you. I'll be looking into it.