Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boredom

Default Boredom

My current situation in life has left me with nothing but free time and lots of boredom. Any ideas as to how to fight it off because I'm clueless and honestly starting to feel rather depressed.

lol, have one but I'm on vacation, and I'm in school but have no classes for the first half of this semester. All my friends are away at school or with the army, and I live in the middle of no where.

Oh that happened to me this time last year (my friends where at school but I haven't started classes yet). My best advise is find any reason to get out of the house. Being stuck at home is probably most of your problem.

I have a similar life situation at the moment. I have nothing going on in my life, and I'm just waiting until September so I can start college.

You should join a gym! I'm gonna start at my local gym soon just so I have something to do. Getting muscly and healthy is just a side effect

Quote Originally Posted by PQNY View Post
    I have a similar life situation at the moment. I have nothing going on in my life, and I'm just waiting until September so I can start college.

You should join a gym! I'm gonna start at my local gym soon just so I have something to do. Getting muscly and healthy is just a side effect
    This is a pretty good idea. Do you live in a warm climate? If so, go out biking. I ride my bike all through the summer. This will be my last year of teaching before I retire next Christmas, and once that happens, I will be able to extend my biking season. Some of my friends ride motorcycles, but those are expensive.

I write in what little spare time I have, but when I retire, I plan on fixing up our house and doing some yard work. Winter can really suck if you live in cold country, as outdoor activities are few. Is there a hobby you would like? I've always wanted to build a radio control model airplane. I used to build model cars when I was a kid, and occasionally I'll still build one.

If I had time to kill and not much money, I might start buying little green army men, and building tank and jeep models, and play with my army men like I did when I was a little kid. You're just going to have to get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    This is a pretty good idea. Do you live in a warm climate? If so, go out biking. I ride my bike all through the summer. This will be my last year of teaching before I retire next Christmas, and once that happens, I will be able to extend my biking season. Some of my friends ride motorcycles, but those are expensive.

I write in what little spare time I have, but when I retire, I plan on fixing up our house and doing some yard work. Winter can really suck if you live in cold country, as outdoor activities are few. Is there a hobby you would like? I've always wanted to build a radio control model airplane. I used to build model cars when I was a kid, and occasionally I'll still build one.

If I had time to kill and not much money, I might start buying little green army men, and building tank and jeep models, and play with my army men like I did when I was a little kid. You're just going to have to get creative.
    It's been pretty chilly and windy here these days. I'd love to go out biking though. I haven't rode a bike since I was like, 9, so I expect I'll be a little rusty. I might borrow my mums bike when the weather improves. There's lots of scenic country lanes close to me that go on for miles, and it would be a good place to start out

I love to ride horses, and one day soon I'll buy my own horse once I manage to find a job. I'd SO go out hacking every day if possible

I know a couple of people who have building models as a hobby. I find it's really creative, but I feel you need to have a steady hand to do it. I'd be too worried incase I glue the wing onto the cockpit thus ruining the project xP

how about burry yourself in a good book...or teach yourself to juggle...or solve the rubiks cube? There's lots you could do, puzzles are a great way to kill time.

Good Luck.

-Gus

It's just a little too cold for me to do anything outside right now, otherwise I would go skate. I don't really spend time at home normally, it's not exactly a welcoming environment for me. I usually stay after class and play with stuff in the lab or go hang with friends. I already finished all my coloring books and played my guitar to the point that it hurts.

Learn something!

go to codeacademy.com for example!
    learn an instument!
    read a massive book you've always wanted to read!
    start learning a new language!
    Research a subject you've always wanted to know more about!
    Do a craft evening class!

forget being bored! Life's too short