Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Gov't overreach & Secession, any thoughts?

Default Federal Gov't overreach & Secession, any thoughts?

Obama, Federal Gov't abuse of power, impeachment of Obama, &secession, any thoughts?

I think him and his cabinet should be impeached immediatly with how many times he has trampled the constitution IMO.

The problem is we have to go after a few more then Obama, at least Reid, Pelosi and Biden also need to go, in fact to be safe maybe anyoe whose political career has been nothing but slamming and passing blame to the other partyneeds to be kicked out.

He and they have the support of the uninformed, hopefully they will learn by the next election we have to be strong & independent and not lazy & suck off the government's tit if we want to remain the safe, strong and free nation America prides it's self on being.

My church will have a Valentine's dinner Feb. 16, and one of our local judges will do a presentation of the Wreck of the Old '97, and it reminded me of how much better off we are than our ancestors. One hundred years ago, people lived hard lives, and work was often dangerous. Steam engines often blew up killing the engineer and other personal. Home owners had to shovel coal into their furnaces in the winter, and open the windows and put up the screens for the summer. People's lives were much shorter. There was no such thing as insulin for diabetics, blood pressure medicine, and cancer patients simply died.

Families lived together, three generations in one house because money was short, and there was no health care. The younger generation nursed their parents or grandparents until they died. I'm 65 and old enough to have experienced much of this.

Our government is not perfect, and they often frustrate me. I fear our government overspending, and I'm very concerned that labor is being replaced by robotics. The country as we know it is going to change more in the next 30 years than one can possibly imagine, and we must learn to change with it and adapt, just as our parents and grandparents did.

To want to impeach one person, or one party misses the issues which every free nation must grapple with. Every job which is artificially created puts seed money into what could be a crashing economy. Instead, the economy is slowly turning around, but major problems are given birth as a result. As each problem emerges, new solutions will have to be found, and there will be no easy answers. The world population is growing, and third world nations are becoming industrialized, giving us competition we've never before experienced.

Most of you on this site are the younger generation, and it will be up to you to find intelligent solutions. Mouthing platitudes will not accomplish anything, and will only misdirect you from finding creative solutions. The ball is in your court. My generation did the best it could given the circumstances.

Default Re: Federal Gov't overreach & Secession, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    He and they have the support of the uninformed, hopefully they will learn by the next election we have to be strong & independent and not lazy & suck off the government's tit if we want to remain the safe, strong and free nation America prides it's self on being.
    I couldn't agree anymore with that statement.

I think it was Andrew Jackson that said something like, "The people should always have a right to bear arms to protect themselves from the government."
    I personally do not own a gun. I don't believe I'd need to own one. If a government would ban guns from the people, and the government and other authorities would only be allowed, you never know what would happen.

Not everyone would believe a government would do that to its own people, but would you put the government in absolute control of your way of life?

It seems like recently, the worse a tragedy, the less information you'd get from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    If a government would ban guns from the people, and the government and other authorities would only be allowed, you never know what would happen.
    No one's talking about banning all guns. The assault weapons mentioned in the bill were already banned from 1994 - 2004. To speak of the government banning all guns in the context of discussing the Obama Administration is completely hyperbolic, and completely misrepresents the issue. And then you go on to accuse the other side of being uninformed.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    we have to be strong & independent and not lazy & suck off the government's tit if we want to remain the safe, strong and free nation America prides it's self on being.
    Mitt Romney made a comment that was caught on audio that was actually one point I totally agreed with. Which in a way reflects what Nam Repaid just said: Basically, anytime you have a country with a large enough percentage of its population feeling like they are ENTITLED to things, and DESERVE things with out actually working for them. That society will fall. I feel like that is where we are at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    My generation did the best it could given the circumstances.
    Passing the buck onto the next generation for them to foot the bill is no doing the best a generation can.

Basically, what I think, is that you can not legislate human moral. If people don't care enough about their fellow man and are only concerned about themselves and what they can get, then a solution will never arise. Looking to a government to provide the answer is like surrendering your right to it. Abraham Lincoln wrote in the Gettysburg address "government of the people, by the people, for the people". He did not say a government OVER the people. The government answer to US, and WE must care for each other.

just my

so i am going to just quickly state something Obama is not taking your guns away he asked congress ( who ultimately make a decision ) to pass a bill in which would make the background tests needed to get a gun the same nation wide so it isn't easyer getting a gun in one state than it is another he also asked congress to pass a bill that would limit your magazine size to under 30 rounds ( do you really think you will ever NEED 30 rounds in your clip honestly
    i look forward to hearing your comments

- - - Updated - - -

so i am going to just quickly state something Obama is not taking your guns away he asked congress ( who ultimately make a decision ) to pass a bill in which would make the background tests needed to get a gun the same nation wide so it isn't easyer getting a gun in one state than it is another he also asked congress to pass a bill that would limit your magazine size to under 30 rounds ( do you really think you will ever NEED 30 rounds in your clip honestly
    i look forward to hearing your comments

While I'm not as educated in the political system as I'd like to be, I would note that Obama and all his predecessors have continued a trend that was really set into motion by some of the first presidents we ever had. I believe that the federal government does not have any more power than it is granted in the constitution and despite whatever party is in power it has been hammered away at since the Alien and Sedition Acts. Whether it is the unlawful internment of Japanese citizens or the passing of the Patriot Act, the federal government does not and should not have the power to override the Bill of Rights. I believe that states should have the right to nullify any unconstitutional regulations or laws passed down at the federal level and would support the impeachment of a government official who fails to acknowledge the unalienable rights protected by the Bill of Rights.