Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really odd Tena Slip Maxi leaks..

Default Really odd Tena Slip Maxi leaks..

Hey guys. I have some really darn odd leaking with Maxi's recently. As far as Maxi's go in general they are my favourite diaper amongst the 3 I have tried (The other 2 being M4 and Cuddlz) they hold super amounts but for some reason the past 2 times I have worn the diaper SEEMS to have leaked out of the wetness indicator.. One touch of the diaper after it has been wet seems to weaken it and literally cause leaking out of the wetness indicator line.

Maybe this is just liquid leaking out the sides and ending up around the line but my leg guards never seem to have been touched when this happens. Anybody else experienced this?

Nope - that problem comes from one of the layers being glued (they use some sort of hot-glueing as a process) at a too high temperature... this will create tiny punctures in the plastic covering which once the diaper gets filled and the plastic slightly stretches out a tad will be enlarged to the point where these holes drip liquid through.
    ... had this with a few Tenas before I switched to attends... (that was one of the reasons).
    I've sent a few boxes back to tena about this issue, received a replacement and an apology... and three month later -same thing again.

Someone at Tena has a QC problem imho.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Nope - that problem comes from one of the layers being glued (they use some sort of hot-glueing as a process) at a too high temperature... this will create tiny punctures in the plastic covering which once the diaper gets filled and the plastic slightly stretches out a tad will be enlarged to the point where these holes drip liquid through.
    ... had this with a few Tenas before I switched to attends... (that was one of the reasons).
    I've sent a few boxes back to tena about this issue, received a replacement and an apology... and three month later -same thing again.

Someone at Tena has a QC problem imho.
    Noo But they're so good!

I never had that problem with Tena Maxi diapers. But it did leak a little bit on the side near the bottom of the butt cheek. The M4s diapers I had no leaks but I wish they had tapes like the Dry 24/7 diapers. As for the Cuddlz diapers, I heard they are like Bambino diapers. I have not worn the Cuddlz diapers yet but I like the new design they have so I might order some. I wish they sell Cuddlz here in the USA.

M4 I just found leaked all the time for me. I think it is because none of the sizes were really form fitting no matter how I taped them. They did absorb super fast though although with the cloth backing and bad fit I couldn't wear them for too long. Cuddlz were my first diaper and I too have heard are very similar to bambinos. They're pretty absorbent but leg guards need to be better. Maxi is my favourite so far.

- - - Updated - - -

M4 I just found leaked all the time for me. I think it is because none of the sizes were really form fitting no matter how I taped them. They did absorb super fast though although with the cloth backing and bad fit I couldn't wear them for too long. Cuddlz were my first diaper and I too have heard are very similar to bambinos. They're pretty absorbent but leg guards need to be better. Maxi is my favourite so far.

*edit*

Yup, just checked while I was changing, when my urine hits the back of the diaper any SLIGHT pressure on the wetness indicator area causes pee to ooze out of it.

I've had a few from my current batch of TS Maxi do that. Date on side of box is 20121107 (7th Nov 2012). Dunno if this is any help at identifying a common demonitator for faulty batches?

PaddedPuppy

I never had any problems with them in the past, although these posts don't fill me with confidence as I am planning on buying some on Friday.

This batch must have got the definition of wetness indicator wrong :p

I always buy Tena slip maxi and so far they have been fine with no leaks at all. I am now worried incase my new lot (comming tomorrow) leaks. I will let you know.

One thing on a side note:

Tena has different manufacturing places if my info is correct....
    so depending on where my or the OP batch was made, it could quite as well not affect anyone ...
    also it's been a while since I've bought tena diapers with a plastic backing.
    Recently here they've switched the WHOLE LINE (Plus, Super Maxi) over to cloth backed (thank god - as I've got to wear, I love some comfort... and plastic only just isn't my thing).... the cloth backed ones are NOT showing the puncture/seep-through problem so far.
    Haven't used much of them though, as I've mostly switched over to Attends while ago... but am considering to give the new tenas a try.