Thread: Twilight

Default Twilight

Along the line of the "Eragon" post, has anyone read - going to see the movie - any of the Twilight books? I totally LOVE the Ann Rice vampire genre, so wonder if this vampire genre is worth reading. I hate to buy a book, get 2-3 chapters into it, just to find out it's crap!

MyWorld.

I love the books, very worth reading if you like vampires ^^

This is my guilty pleasure. I will not lie, I really like the books, however they are targeted towards teen girls, but if you can get past that its a good read.

On my way home today a bunch of girls 14-15 got on the bus. They. Would. Not. Shut. Up. About those stupid books and how they were so excited to go see the movie tonight.

So yeah, I`ve never read the books and I don`t intend too. Apperently it`s been the biggest thing at my school for the past few months, and everyone`se been rean reading them, but I just heard about it this week.

Everyone at my school (everyone means girls mainly) is tarding about it as well.

Can it be explained for us un unlightened people?

[That is a joke about how twilight isn't very bright.]

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Along the line of the "Eragon" post, has anyone read - going to see the movie - any of the Twilight books? I totally LOVE the Ann Rice vampire genre, so wonder if this vampire genre is worth reading. I hate to buy a book, get 2-3 chapters into it, just to find out it's crap!

MyWorld.
    That's why they have libraries. Check it out there.

I posted here because it's the more recent thread (everywhere else I go it's taboo to dig up older threads). I'm reading through the series right now, I'm on the third book "Eclipse". I have to say, even though it's basically a romance series, as a 19 year old guy, I love these books. It goes along the lines of standard vampirism, with twists and changes. You really have to read it to understand it, but I fully reccomend that you pick it up if you can.