Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something that has been REALLY bugging me...

Default Something that has been REALLY bugging me...

.... hopefully you guys can help.

I have been confirmed incontinent, but my Consultant believes it is overflow and urge incontinence, he said it is not stress incontinence.

However, I only ever leak whilst in a sitting or standing position. I can go through the whole night, and even 15 hours at a time sleeping without leaking a single drop?!

Sometimes when I am asleep my bladder gets so full that I leak and soak my pad and even leak out the sides, WHEN I SIT UP. Until then, when lying down, I do not leak a drop?!

My theory for explaining this is because I am very overweight, (for me) and that perhaps when I sit up, all the fat + organs in my (8 month pregnant looking) abdomen, squish onto my bladder and then force it to expel the urine?

Any input guys?

I would suggest testing that theory by trying to lose weight. Even if you find out that that is wrong you'll be in better shape and probably feel better overall. With diet change I lost weight doing less exercise, though being cripplingly ill probably had something to do with that (sick for a month, couldn't move for a week or so after. happens every year.)

But go for a walk around the nearest interesting-ish block, try to eat less junk junk food, and eat "healthy" junkfood. There is a soda I like that was a major dietary switch for me, I went from ingesting more sugar than I should have per month every week, down to having bread with jam if I want to spike my blood-sugar.

I realize that this probably isn't what you want to hear, and that being someone you don't know my opinion shouldn't matter to you. But you will feel better if you aren't as overweight.

I hope this helped, and I'm sorry if I insulted you in any way. (And if I did please tell me how so I can avoid it in the future.)

Makes some sense to me. I experience some of the same things. Sometimes I can lay down all night and barely dribble. I don't know if there's a specific condition that we call it, but the important thing is not to be bugged by it. We've all got little quirks to our bodies.

Exactly the same thing happens to me. I very rarely wet at night but the minute I wake and sit up, out it all comes. I get the same thing if I've been sitting on a chair for a while (like at work for instance), then I stand up. And I'm not overweight (I weigh about 145-150 pounds) so I don't think that's the reason for it.

ah, now I'm a 200 pound, 5-11 guy, so I thought weight contributed to it. Glad to know it can happen to others.

I rarely wet at night while I'm asleep. I often wake up with a full bladder but am unable to make it to the bathroom. As soon as I start to get out of bed, the floodgates open, and my bladder empties itself completely. So I've given up trying to get up. When I wake up with a full bladder, I just use my diaper and go back to sleep.

During the daytime, I usually do not wet when I'm sitting down, but my bladder will empty itself as soon as I stand up. And this typically happens too quickly to make it to a bathroom even if I'm quite close to one.

So Capt. Vimes, as you can see, many of us share some of your symptoms.

I have a friend who this happens to and he was diagnosed as having perones (spelling???) disease that was caused by an injury to his penis at a very young age as a result of a bicycle accident and it did not rear it's ugly head until well into adulthood. Perhaps you might want to ask your doctor about this. If you want help with your weight you can check out Overeaters Anonymous Overeaters Anonymous - I put my hand in yours, and together we can do what we could never do alone. I have lost over 100 lbs with the help of OA and have kept it off for over 11 years

Quote Originally Posted by babyjoey1 View Post
    I have a friend who this happens to and he was diagnosed as having perones (spelling???) disease that was caused by an injury to his penis at a very young age as a result of a bicycle accident and it did not rear it's ugly head until well into adulthood. Perhaps you might want to ask your doctor about this. If you want help with your weight you can check out Overeaters Anonymous Overeaters Anonymous - I put my hand in yours, and together we can do what we could never do alone. I have lost over 100 lbs with the help of OA and have kept it off for over 11 years
    I went there once, they had crappy cookies.

Default Re: Something that has been REALLY bugging me...

Quote Originally Posted by mtdl84 View Post
    i found the spelling as I was curious to know about the condition.

Peyronie's disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Meheheh, I might have to be a male, with a penis for this to be my problem