Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the best diaper for messy accidents?

Default the best diaper for messy accidents?

What in your opinion is the best diaper to wear every day for incontinence, and not just wetting but especially for soiling since i have both forms of incontinence, with the latter being a bit worse cause you cant easily hide it.

So far im a fan of bambino biancos, and secure x-plus, they seem to hide under my pants well.

All i wanted to know was there any other good options? Im satisfied with my two favorites but wouldnt mind seeing if its really possible for some brand to be better.

dry 24/7 are a bit thicker than babminos but are really good at keeping everything in the diaper when i abused the

I've had a couple of accidents in my diaper. Both times it happened I had on a Attends Waistband Style and was away from home. When it happened I was
    able to walk back home and take care of it. In both times the diaper contained it well. When I have a accident it tends to be late morning to early afternoon.

My Abena M4s did a good job with both wetting and messing. The only time I've had one leak mess is when I put it on wonky, and the few times I've had wet leaks is when I've oversaturated it. I've never had a cloth diaper leak mess, and if I wet too much the cloth has also leaked.

I agree with Dave-the best choice is Abena M4's.This is not meant to sound gross.it is meant to help Sihcara.The poop sticks better to a cloth diaper than to a disposable diaper, noquestion or doubts about it.When you have a messy BM "blowout" in a disposable diaper, 99 percent of the time, the mess will leak through the elastic leg gatherings of a disposable,unless your wearing a thick, night time disposable(and that is still no guarantee it wont leak out if you dont have the diaper wrapped as tightly & sugly as you possibly can-which creates diaper rash issues-a different subject for another discussion another time)That is why I switched over to cloth diapers YEARS & YEARS AGO!Along with the Abena M4's, it might be good for you to use a PUL(polyurethane) diaper cover-they work the best,even holding the pee deepinside the diaper especially if your a heavy wetter like I am!-it's waterproof & "poop proof."I faithfully use a custom-made "hour glass" shaped cloth diaper( Dave, I think I mentioned this to you in a previous posting)that I designed(have a large stash of them-took awhile to make them)that work great for me.Theyn have a row of snaps on each"wing",or they can be pinned.They have special elastic leg gatherings-I don't need to wear rubber or plastic pants anymore,and with my messy diapers,the poop stays right where it belongs-in the back & bottom of the diaper until I get changed.Cloth diapers-your best protection! Hope this helped you.

Any diaper with stand-up leak guards will help keep the mess contained better than a diaper without it.

Otherwise, the "thickness" doesn't really matter - you're containing it, not absorbing it.

I have had good luck with a gauze cloth diaper and plastic pants, but sometimes it gets into the plastic pants and I have to change them also. So snap-on pants are more convenient if I am expecting a bowel accident
    Last edited by chuck; 31-Jan-2013 at 03:54.

I've kept a bunch of Abena M2s around for when my bowels get a bit too loose, (low cost per diaper, the hold pee alright tho)

I'm in cloth during the evenings and nights and weekends anymore except when visiting my mom (no laundry facilities) and don't have much of an issue with cleanup there, I've yet to have a cloth diaper leak dookie

usually i'm in a Dry 24/7 during the day though, and hate it if I have a mess before 3pm

Default Sv: the best diaper for messy accidents?

Quote Originally Posted by changedlife View Post
    I agree with Dave-the best choice is Abena M4's.This is not meant to sound gross.it is meant to help Sihcara.The poop sticks better to a cloth diaper than to a disposable diaper, noquestion or doubts about it.When you have a messy BM "blowout" in a disposable diaper, 99 percent of the time, the mess will leak through the elastic leg gatherings of a disposable,unless your wearing a thick, night time disposable(and that is still no guarantee it wont leak out if you dont have the diaper wrapped as tightly & sugly as you possibly can-which creates diaper rash issues-a different subject for another discussion another time)That is why I switched over to cloth diapers YEARS & YEARS AGO!Along with the Abena M4's, it might be good for you to use a PUL(polyurethane) diaper cover-they work the best,even holding the pee deepinside the diaper especially if your a heavy wetter like I am!-it's waterproof & "poop proof."I faithfully use a custom-made "hour glass" shaped cloth diaper( Dave, I think I mentioned this to you in a previous posting)that I designed(have a large stash of them-took awhile to make them)that work great for me.Theyn have a row of snaps on each"wing",or they can be pinned.They have special elastic leg gatherings-I don't need to wear rubber or plastic pants anymore,and with my messy diapers,the poop stays right where it belongs-in the back & bottom of the diaper until I get changed.Cloth diapers-your best protection! Hope this helped you.
    So you mean it is a special clothes diaper for this?

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Default Re: the best diaper for messy accidents?

I'll just also say that anything with standing leakguards and leg gussets are going to help contain messes. Bambino's diapers have tall leakguards. If print isn't your style the Bianco should suit you just fine.