Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gah, I need some advice!

Default Gah, I need some advice!

Wow! Hey guys!

Yeah, as the title says, I'm looking for a little advice. Despite practising this whole diaper shiznitz for quite a while now, I've yet to actually order online. However, I'm hoping to change all that very soon!

So what would you guys suggest buying, and where would you suggest buying it from? I'll need discrete packaging because, well, yeah. Despite not living at home any more, being handed a fooking huge and conspicuous box at the office at my place would kind of suck. Oh, and I'm in the UK.

Thanks ever so much in advance for the help, guys!

I'm in the UK. I bought a case of Molicare Super Plus from Dorset Nursing. They arrived quickly, and the price was decent. No trouble with the order at all. My one caveat is that the box the case arrived in was labelled 'Hartmann' and 'Molicare'. All such signs were covered by packing tape, but there were places where you could read through the tape if you looked closely. Don't know how much discretion you need. It's unlikely anyone besides you will look that closely at the box, but know that it is a large-ish box, which might attract comment.

I've also bought from Blushing Buyer, but they don't sell Molicare Super anymore, so I can't comment on their product line.

I'm planning on buying a case of Abri-Form Extra Plusses when I'm not skint, but that could be awhile. They're supposed to be great, but I can't speak to their packaging. I'm sure they'd be happy to answer questions if you emailed them.

Fooking!! I like that!!
    I've heard that XP medical has discrete shipping

XP Medical looks pretty decent... dunno how prohibitive the shipping costs from the US to the UK would be, but I'm willing to cough up a fair bit of cash if I have to.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys! Feel free to keep them coming. ;D

If you ship anything out of the US, it has to have it's contents labeled clearly on the package for customs. That might make it less discreet =\

Surely a local UK distributor of Abenas is cheaper than shipping from the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    XP Medical looks pretty decent... dunno how prohibitive the shipping costs from the US to the UK would be, but I'm willing to cough up a fair bit of cash if I have to.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys! Feel free to keep them coming. ;D
    I second that xpmedical is awesome just got another shipment from them today, I will be posting about it soon, cause I tried something different that has never been talked about on here.

Just make sure you get a price quote on the shipping for the UK, I know cases are "free" shipping (built into total case price), so it should not be too much extra. I would not spend more than an extra 10 US dollars for across sea for a case of diaper cause it should not be the full cost of the shipping since some is already built into the price. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaL View Post
    If you ship anything out of the US, it has to have it's contents labeled clearly on the package for customs. That might make it less discreet =\
    She's absolutely right. Bear in mind, as well, that you might get charged for customs, and those costs can be quite high and mount quickly. If you just get a bag, it shouldn't be an issue, but if you get a case, you could be looking at a large extra expenditure.

They're not particularly more expensive here than in the US, so I'd just order from the UK.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    That'd be rather stupid, because the customs label would quite clearly tell everyone who looks at it that the box contains "incontinence supplies". And while you can still talk your way out of a box with "Abena" written on the outside (diaper boxes make great shipping boxes for large items won on Ebay, and not everyone knows what "abena" is), it's impossible to deny what's in the box when the customs label says "incontinence supplies".
    If you want to shell out money for international shipping, at least use a EU-based shop (like the big German one at SaveExpress | Sanitaetsfachhandel Save Express Oliver Weidlich Sanitaetshaus ).

That said, Tena Uk does ship in unmarked boxes. My AB buddy in the UK ordered me a box earlier this year when I visited, and it was indeed a plain box with some random numbers and scan codes on it. So nothing that would give away the contents. Dunno what it says on the shipping label though.

Peachy

Little ollie

Quote Originally Posted by diapermingus View Post
    I'm in the UK. I bought a case of Molicare Super Plus from Dorset Nursing. They arrived quickly, and the price was decent. No trouble with the order at all. My one caveat is that the box the case arrived in was labelled 'Hartmann' and 'Molicare'. All such signs were covered by packing tape, but there were places where you could read through the tape if you looked closely. Don't know how much discretion you need. It's unlikely anyone besides you will look that closely at the box, but know that it is a large-ish box, which might attract comment.
    They had on mine "Dorest nursing supplies".

I'd recommend this site Incontinence Pants, Incontinence Pads, Incontinence Products & Incontinence Advice - Homepage
    Completely discreet and offer tena and lile products.