Thread: not sure what to get

Default not sure what to get

so i recently sold something for like $40 and i plan to buy diapers with it so not sure what to buy first off cloth or disposable if cloth it can't be pinned and if cloth should it be IOA and what brand if disposable a pull up style prefered( don't know how to do the tapes) and also what brand

Why can't you use pins? Unless you have physical problems using then you should give them a try. It may take a while to get used to using them, but I think they are much better than velcro or snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    Why can't you use pins? Unless you have physical problems using then you should give them a try. It may take a while to get used to using them, but I think they are much better than velcro or snaps.
    I've tried both pins and velcro closures, and I prefer the velcro. This is why people need to try things out to be sure. Diapers are very personal.

To the OP's questions, ordering online is the way to go if you can do so without worry. I think disposables are the best general entry into wearing unless someone really has their heart set on cloth. Bambino, Tena Slip Maxis (also available from Bambino), Abenas, Dry 24/7, or Molicares (just one very reputable dealer for them) are all viewed with considerable favor. You might just consider sample packs of all of the above to see what you really like, although this would probably eat away at your $40 while netting you only a few diapers. If you do go that route, know that with Bambinos the Classico and Blanco products are the same and the Teddies are only slightly different in terms of capacity, so esthetic concerns are going to be the most important. All of these except for some in the Abena line are plastic backed rather than using the faux cloth covering common in current baby diapers and pull-ups. This may or may not be a good thing depending on your perspective.

Down from the cadillac brands, there are very serviceable diapers (Abena offers a wide range), and I have found the Unique Wellness diapers to be quite good for the price. Further down is Tranqulity ATN, Attends, Depends (only Fitted Maximum Protection AKA Depends Protection with Tabs are genuinely diaper-like), and store brands (generally cloth backed). Many ABDLs scorn these bottom rung diapers but I think they have their place in a varied diaper stash.

Having said all this, if you just want some advice, provided you wear a medium or larger, I'd say pick whichever Bambinos are most appealing to you for a sample pack and go from there. If you take a small, that limits your options quite a bit. Offhand, I think only Abena, Molicare, and Tena Slip Maxis are available in small (if I'm wrong, someone please correct), and the Dry 24/7s, while being an amazing diaper are particularly large compared to the industry average. I'm sure this all seems confusing but I don't think there's any other reliable way other than to get out there and try them. As I said, diapers are really personal and I've seen people dislike a diaper for the precise reason I favor it and vice-versa. It can be a hassle, but it's also fun to try new ones. Give it a try.

i prefair the disposable ones, i love the feel and the crincaly noise. i think realy it just comes down the personal preferance. cuddlz.com do 2 dispossable nappys as testers for under 5 +delivery would maybe be worth a look. they also have cloth nappies and large pins