Thread: Bring back plastic backed Abena X-Plus UK!

Default Bring back plastic backed Abena X-Plus UK!

Firstly, I'm sure there are other threads on this but I don't have time to find them so here's my own:

I loged on to my nappy supplier website today to see that they have now stopped stocking Abena Abri-Form X-Plus. I've spoken to one of their reps and he has informed me that they can "no longer get this product in the UK."

I have read that M4's and L4's are still being supplied to North America at this moment in time. This seems to have been helped along by Gary from XP Medical. Info here: XP Medical - News on the Abri-Form with Plastic Backing

Why don't we do the same and contact Abena to tell them that we want this product back? I have done this already and only took a few mins. They are still making these nappies so if enough of us ask for them then maybe we can bring them back to the UK!

Contact Abena here Abena UK - Contact

Thanks for reading

Bummer. I'm in the US and I just ordered a pack of L2's and L4's that are plastic backed. I am sure glad Gary is a smart business man and a strong ally for the abdl community.

Just don't refer to AB/DL, infantilism or that you're wearing them for pleasure.

Abena are quite anti-infantilism. A danish online diaper shop got cut off by them, because it was run by AB/DLs.

For the record, I would never quote ABDL or anything of the sort when contacting a legitimate and professional health care product supplier. And I wouldn't be so certain of Gary from XPM knowingly being aware of being a "strong ally" for the ABDL community. If Abena thought this then they would have undoubtedly ignored his concerns.

I have passed on the link with Gary's contact to my supplier and to my surprise they were unaware of the continuation of these products in North America. They have thanked me for bringing this to their attention and are looking into it. They have already enquired with Abena on this issue and they will be following this up as a result of me passing this info to them. The rep I spoke with told me that he would let me know when they get back to him.

Fingers crossed everyone

This angers me. I hope their sails drop to record lows and they pull their heads out of their fart box and put plastic backed in to production again. I won't buy from them after they go to the worthless cloth backed.

I honestly don't get it. I have not noticed any significant issues with the cloth backed Abenas, certainly none that make the products "worthless" with my level of use. I can understand if it's a preference of texture to someone, but I have found the air-plus line to be much more reliable than I expected, and practical for wearing out in public. I have slept with cloth backed Abena L3's and used them in the night without any leaks, save for the one time I overloaded it.

If it's a matter of preference, that's understandable. I, however, do not find the cloth backed diapers to be by any means worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by DLinDET View Post
    Bummer. I'm in the US and I just ordered a pack of L2's and L4's that are plastic backed. I am sure glad Gary is a smart business man and a strong ally for the abdl community.
    Gary is a smart business man, and also shows a strong support for those with developmental issues and other disabilities. However: I once inquired once about about some other potential brands to add to his portfolio, to get some of his opinions. He was extremely adamant against companies like ABUniverse, Bambino, and other businesses that support the ABDL community, while being more supportive of companies like Medline and Mediprime (he likes those two companies, but has issues either with quality, or consistent supply). So, I would think that XPMedical is either on the fence, or may even be against the fetish crowd, like Abena is. Gary has been more open with me, because I have a developmental disability. He has been in contact with some of the support agencies I deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    Gary is a smart business man, and also shows a strong support for those with developmental issues and other disabilities. However: I once inquired once about about some other potential brands to add to his portfolio, to get some of his opinions. He was extremely adamant against companies like ABUniverse, Bambino, and other businesses that support the ABDL community, while being more supportive of companies like Medline and Mediprime (he likes those two companies, but has issues either with quality, or consistent supply). So, I would think that XPMedical is either on the fence, or may even be against the fetish crowd, like Abena is. Gary has been more open with me, because I have a developmental disability. He has been in contact with some of the support agencies I deal with.
    I don't get why it matters if the people are ab/dl or not. If a business is after money and they're selling their products to customers then why should anyone care who the person is that's buying your products? Unless they're going to somehow use it against you, there's no reason to fear those people or think differently, they're just a person with a fetish, that's all.

If it makes anymore sense, it's like selling a cookie to african americans and not mexicans. So what if they're a mexican, they're still a person offering to pay you to buy that cookie, that's all they want.

That it's came up also in the Israeli community. one of our members bought Tena slip super with fabric cover, it freak everybody. for abena the situation is the same, all fabric. some of us (like here) like the new look and the new feel, but the most of us just hated it.
    i found, few weeks ago a store that keeps M3 with the orginal cover, i bought 4 packs. for the long distance, i dont realy know what to do... i like the abena very much.
    i have to agree with krone6 . it make no sense to understand why a manufacturer would not like to earn money.