View Poll Results: Where does "Sissy Behavior" Fall for You?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sexual Gratification

18 45.00%
  • Role Strain/Conflict Aversion

8 20.00%
  • To Merely Express an Identity Element

23 57.50%
  • Appease a Partner

4 10.00%
  • Other (Explain if Comfortable)

2 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL and "Sissy Males"

Default AB/DL and "Sissy Males"

There has a been a response from a number of members on the lack of "Sissy Articles" or "AB/DL and Women/LG's." Considering the breadth and depth of the varying and different feminine identities here, let's first discuss and explore "Sissy Males." To be clear how I'm defining the term in this discussion, a "Sissy Male" is an individual who does not identify as transgender (still identifies as Male), but instead indulges in sissification (adopting feminine behaviors and roles) on occasions when the context or moment is right to meet a particular want (sexual gratification, relaxation ect.). This individual also indulges in tandem with his AB/DL behaviors.

My aim then with this discussion, is to see any correlations between sissy behavior and AB/DL behaviors and hopefully to bring more to light on the subject for those that need it.

I have added a simple poll to gauge how many identify with some behaviors. Also I apologize if I have used the wrong term in a discussion or have neglected a point. I will edit it promptly if so. The poll is also not the end all be all of this.

My current postulations on the subject: I feel many male sissies adopt more feminine behaviors or roles to help better experience AB/DL behaviors that are often at odds with most masculine roles. Another idea I have as you can see on Understandinginfantilism.org

http://understanding.infantilism.org/figures/infantilism_abdl_triangle.jpg

is that perhaps "Sissificaiton" adds more to ones pleasure if they lean towards more "loss of status and control" side of the triangle.

Considering the AB/DL community has a high male to female ratio, and the fact "Sissy" is pretty common in some areas of the community, its seems long overdue for an article here.

Currently I've found some actually researchers (beyond Wikipedia) that have used this term, but will discuss them later the further we go. I'm hoping this will be a good starting point for an article series.

Again, I apologize in advance if a particular option is missing, just use "other."
    Last edited by Geno; 26-Jan-2013 at 00:11.

H0TWH33LS

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post

My current postulations on the subject: I feel many male sissies adopt more feminine behaviors or roles to help better experience AB/DL behaviors that are often at odds with most masculine roles. "Sissificaiton" adds more to ones pleasure if they lean towards more "loss of status and control" side of the triangle.
    I think your theories are spot on. I can certainly relate to the role conflict that I sometimes experience when trying to get into my little headspace. I have not experimented much with "sissification" but I would imagine this would really help ease me into my little role. Great article thanks for posting!

I always read that graph right to left. I started out enjoying diapers, but over time, regression and feeling more like a baby has developed as has a desire for babyish things like onsies and plushies. As for fantasizing toward gender changing, I occasionally enjoy pink plastic panties as opposed to white or blue plastic pants. I think there's a certain shame element which I enjoy, and that accompanies a sense of "loss of control".

Thanks for doing this, Geno! Sissies are somewhat under-researched in the community, so I'm glad to see a little research happening.

I voted for a few options because it varies with time for me. Sometimes, I just like to explore a feminine role. Sometimes I'm excited by the humiliation of being in diapers, dresses, and girly paraphernalia. I also voted for "other" because there's another aspect that's important to me. I like the comfort of being a sissy.

To explain further: the archetypal "man" is supposed to be strong, never show weakness or emotion, and face every challenge fearlessly and independently. I'm a lot like this in many ways. I'm very independent, attack my work with confidence, and don't like to be open about my feelings. But this isn't a healthy way to live. For me, regressing to being a sissy helps me to escape from this role. It's OK for a little girl to be scared, or sad - or even giddy with joy! It's OK for a little girl to want to cuddle in someone's arms, all dressed up in cute clothes, and protected from everything. The weight lifts. As a sissy, I'm completely taken care of, and there's nothing to fear. The sissy role, to me, is one of comfort and freedom.

Adding "Comfort" to the poll might be an idea, if others express this. I'm excited to see the results of your research!

AB/DL is a predominantly male fetish. No woman wears sissy dresses or über femine fashion like transvestites do.

Actual women are either traumatized, fall into the ftm transgender specturum or wear in order to please their partner.

There is sort of two part to it for me. One is it regresses me to when I was younger and my sister would dress me up at a little girl and the other part is a change of role. I am a very structured person. Everything is planned out my way and then to be dominated and completely out of control is a strange feeling that doesn't terrify me unlike if I loose control in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by kvetinka View Post
    AB/DL is a predominantly male fetish. No woman wears sissy dresses or über femine fashion like transvestites do.

Actual women are either traumatized, fall into the ftm transgender specturum or wear in order to please their partner.
    I have been a female since I was born, and have been AB my whole life!!! Ever since I was little I have looooved really frilly clothing like the sissy dresses. And for me it is in no way a fetish... But a lifestyle!!! Unfortunately I can't afford even one dress!! Also there are woman that enjoy the frilly clothes... You just don't see them. Also a lot of women can't afford a frilly dress... I mean $100 or more for the dress alone!!! That don't include accessories! If I had the money you can bet I would wear frilly dresses EVERYDAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnBabygurl View Post
    Also there are woman that enjoy the frilly clothes... You just don't see them.
    Also a lot of women can't afford a frilly dress... I mean $100 or more for the dress alone!!! That don't include accessories! If I had the money you can bet I would wear frilly dresses EVERYDAY!!
    That exactly is the reason why more men wear these dresses. They have higher paid jobs. Women are paid less so they cannot afford. The transvestic male, who workes in high possition, is clever enough not to actually become a woman because of social decline.

The Fantasy Store, Sexy Fantasywear! from Thailand have reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by kvetinka View Post
    That exactly is the reason why more men wear these dresses. They have higher paid jobs. Women are paid less so they cannot afford. The transvestic male, who workes in high possition, is clever enough not to actually become a woman because of social decline.

The Fantasy Store, Sexy Fantasywear! from Thailand have reasonable prices.
    Well the reason I don't have the money has nothing to do with higher paid jobs.... I was injured in a car accident some years ago and because I look so young... It's hard to get disability, so for now I have no income. and it was a hit and run too. And she got off even though she was on drugs... While I suffer the rest of my life for it.

Anyway,

Also some women are scared to wear those kind of dresses... Sadly it is because they are afraid of what society thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnBabygurl View Post

It's hard to get disability, so for now I have no income. and it was a hit and run too. And she got off even though she was on drugs... While I suffer the rest of my life for it.

Hello Ann,

I am disabled myself due to orthopedic problems. Then it is discrimination as they do not hire disabled persons. I bought some dresses second hand.

I still have memories of lying in my baby bed thickly diapered wet and messy. They tried to "cure" me in children´s hospital from bedweeting by letting my lie unprotected without diapers in an unprotected bed.

Kvetinka

PS: These frilly dresses are popular in Russia and Turkey and other Eastern European countries.