Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you care if you lose interest in this?

Default Why do you care if you lose interest in this?

I have noticed in the AB/DL community that when people start to get tired of wearing them or not find it fun anymore, they seem sad about it. But me, I couldn't careless if I get tired of it and quit. I have gotten tired of it in the past and bored with it and stopped or lost interest in it or not be in the mood. Then after I had my child, I didn't care if I didn't want to wear them anymore and felt disgusted by the thought of wearing one. But yet I have seen some be concerned about not being into it anymore after they had their child too. So it seems normal to lose interest in this after having a baby. But yet I didn't care and they did.

If you do care about losing interest in this, why? How come you don't like losing interest in this and get afraid of not being into it ever again? Especially if you don't find it fun anymore.

I'm speculating here, but I imagine part of it is cognitive dissonance - people struggle hard over an extended period to accept and embrace their own ABDLism - but it probably goes further than that: ABDLs eventually build up habits around their ABDL play, and in today's day and age, often a circle of ABDL friends. At some point, ABDL really does become a meaningful part of one's identity, and suddenly losing it means losing a part of what makes you "you". That would be understandably jarring.

I gotta say it doesn't bother me. I don't really see it happening, but if it did I guess I would look back at it with the same nostalgia that I look back on other long-lost interests and hobbies.

That said, I think Fruitkitty is spot on with the reason......just in my case it's not hugely meaningful as ABDL is more of an occasional thing for me

I have to agree with Fruitkitty. For me personally if I ever lost my abdlism I would definitely feel at a great loss. It's been a part of me really as long as I can remember, to lose it would be to lose one of the things that makes me feel special and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    I'm speculating here, but I imagine part of it is cognitive dissonance - people struggle hard over an extended period to accept and embrace their own ABDLism - but it probably goes further than that: ABDLs eventually build up habits around their ABDL play, and in today's day and age, often a circle of ABDL friends. At some point, ABDL really does become a meaningful part of one's identity, and suddenly losing it means losing a part of what makes you "you". That would be understandably jarring.
    Ditto

For me, being ABDL provides a source of comfort and security... Even if I feel really crappy, I feel better when I put on a diaper and take some time out of the "adult world"... So, to lose that interest would, in some ways, mean that I'd lost one kind of "coping mechanism" or way to unwind... But, on the other hand, life would seem so much simpler without ABDL distractions... :-/

Like mutants who reject the treatment in X-Men: The Last Stand, I wouldn't want to be a non-ABDL any more than I'd want to be straight. Which is to say not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I have noticed in the AB/DL community that when people start to get tired of wearing them or not find it fun anymore, they seem sad about it. But me, I couldn't careless if I get tired of it and quit. I have gotten tired of it in the past and bored with it and stopped or lost interest in it or not be in the mood. Then after I had my child, I didn't care if I didn't want to wear them anymore and felt disgusted by the thought of wearing one. But yet I have seen some be concerned about not being into it anymore after they had their child too. So it seems normal to lose interest in this after having a baby. But yet I didn't care and they did.

If you do care about losing interest in this, why? How come you don't like losing interest in this and get afraid of not being into it ever again? Especially if you don't find it fun anymore.
    They might simply miss the way it made them feel.

Exactly Hokie. I believe I would miss the comfort it gives me, not to mention the boost to my libido.

I dont think its the fact they dont care about it anymore that makes them sad I think its the absence of euphoria that wearing diapers used to give them is what causes it :3