Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sa abdl guy interviewed in you magazine.

Default Sa abdl guy interviewed in you magazine.

Hi friends, what a day!

I bought the You magazine today, for those you don't know about South Africa, the You magazine is our biggest weekly magazine, and everybody talks about the articles in there.

Imagine my shock when i got to the tills, with my wifes gran, who was buying baby diapers for my wifes sisters little one.....

The cashier says 'Did you read about the man who wears nappies?', she then points to the front page and there is a huge title that reads 'Exclusive first interview!-Adult Baby Syndrome!

She turns to page six which is the first article and immediately starts the attack about what a freak he is, and my wifes gran said he is a mentally disturbed man.
    Of course thats what the cashier expected us to say.

She then looks at the baby diapers and says 'Are those for you?'

And she tries to get a reaction out of me.

I was calm, but very upset about this and i had to hide any suspicion about me.
    I feel like a traitor to the ABDL community, because i would have loved to say, ' No because those diapers wouldn't fit me, but they are nice though.....'
    I just couldn't reveal that side of me.

She then said she is gonna watch for adults buying adult nappies(This shop happens to stock many brands including Molicare), and my first thoughts were, OMG now everybody in the F@@@@ing country is gonna watch when adults buy adult nappies.

My thinking is of those who are not old and seem heathy, and the embarrassment now of going to buy them.

This magazine is huge and i cannot possibly explain the huge implications of being an ABDL in South Africa.

I now understand why Stanley and others were persecuted for revealing their secret side to the world and its implications to the rest of the ABDL community.

I read the article and the man is quite a decent bloke.

He is a foreman to 20 people, he teaches karate, he drinks with his friends at braai's(barbeque's) and seems quite sociable.
    He is also a father to two primary school kids.

He wears a disposable diaper under his jeans everyday, so i wonder if he reveals that to people....

I checked his page quickly and many people have been asking him to take his kids away, because they reckon he is an unfit parent.

He has a website he is starting for those in SA called adultbabies.co.za.

What i find most interesting is that he knows 10 other infantilists in SA who between them know 100 others.

He said he reckons there are approximately 1000 ABDL's in SA.

He thinks his ABDL is a disorder, because he said having a disorder doesn't make you a bad person.

I like the guy, but im personally not happy with the fact he came out about this.
    This country is VERY conservative, and people could easily be killed over this.
    Hell, even gays and lesbians have been murdered for their sexuality in SA.

My head is spinning, and i would love to hear from fellow South Africans or even you good fellow forumites if this was a good idea?

Perhaps the man who appeared in this magazine is a member here on Adisc.

I would like to know after everything that seems to be happening to him after

many readers hear of the existence of ABDL for the first time, if it was in fact worth it?

I dread going to buy diapers now......

I would love for you guys to read the article, but im not sure if it would infringe on the publication, without permission.

Regards LuckyFish

Wow, that cashier sure is nosey. And bored. And she sounds like a very unhappy person.

Perhaps you would feel better if you waited until her shift to buy your next pack. I know I would!

ouch, hopefully in a couple of weeks it will cool off, instantly not fond of that cashier tho.

what I don't understand is how people with no understanding about such things which is really none of their business can be so damned opinionated

Do you think it'll be forgotten in a few weeks? You mentioned that it's a weekly newsmagazine; perhaps within a couple of weeks people will be talking about something else. I have no idea if people around you would insult or try to hard you for buying diapers as I know nothing about South Africa, but if it's anything like the rather conservative neck of the woods I live in, I'd be careful for at least a little while, until it's forgotten.

It does seem like adult babies are making the news more and more these days, between that 15 stone babies documentary in the UK and now a story in South Africa's biggest magazine. I don't know how I feel about this. One the one hand, people becoming aware of us could lead to more awareness of what we really are and tear down harmful stereotypes. On the other hand, I've never felt any desire to come out publicly. If I could be accepted by my spouse when I marry, that's all I'd really need. So I see how this could be a good thing for our community, but I'm not sure it's really necessary for us to be publicly known and embraced. Better to be accepted by those close to us, while the rest of the world minds their own business.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Do you think it'll be forgotten in a few weeks? You mentioned that it's a weekly newsmagazine; perhaps within a couple of weeks people will be talking about something else. I have no idea if people around you would insult or try to hard you for buying diapers as I know nothing about South Africa, but if it's anything like the rather conservative neck of the woods I live in, I'd be careful for at least a little while, until it's forgotten.
    Well we had that documentary on Channel 4 a while back and I bet you people have forgotten about it already, they may remember what it was if you prod them about it but I highly doubt it is at the front of anyone's mind any more. People have short attention spans, one thing is important but it'll get pushed out when the next thing comes along.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    what I don't understand is how people with no understanding about such things which is really none of their business can be so damned opinionated
    If I could think fast enough, I'd like to ask her a question,,,,a type of question that wold prove that she has been influenced by someone else's opinion on a matter he knows nothing about. Something like, "yea, and just imagine, years ago, people were burned at the stake for successfully practicing medicine, with what we know today to be harmless"

Then again, people like that are so close minded you probably couldn't get them to realize just how closed minded they really were.

You do raise a decent point. That is, if we continue to get more media exposure, will cashiers more and more start to suspect out true motives (and likewise, will they start to judge people who legitimately need diapers)? The guy who runs my local medical supply store seems to be very respectful and minds his own business, though I do often wonder if he suspects these things and perhaps how many other people enter his store for the same reason I do.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    You do raise a decent point. That is, if we continue to get more media exposure, will cashiers more and more start to suspect out true motives (and likewise, will they start to judge people who legitimately need diapers)? The guy who runs my local medical supply store seems to be very respectful and minds his own business, though I do often wonder if he suspects these things and perhaps how many other people enter his store for the same reason I do.
    Diapers are not illegal and they're far from being a controlled substance. If someone wants to buy diapers, why should anyone else really care if the person buying them has a medical condition or not? I applaud the business owner of the medical supply store someguy26 mentions. That's a business owner who seems more interested in growing his business than being skeptical of his customers and potentially running off additional business.

Although buying diapers in person is not that big of a deal to me, I can say with a high degree of certainty that if I got comments or suspicious/dirty looks I would probably look elsewhere to make my purchases. Which would be a loss to the business I left. In this economy, why would someone be dumb enough to chase off paying customers?

Living in the south (Virginia) one has to be careful about the things they divulge about themselves. People are very prejudiced and set in their ways, and even though no one's life would be in danger if they were discovered to be an adult baby, finding employment could be very difficult if their interest in diapers was public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Living in the south (Virginia) one has to be careful about the things they divulge about themselves. People are very prejudiced and set in their ways, and even though no one's life would be in danger if they were discovered to be an adult baby, finding employment could be very difficult if their interest in diapers was public knowledge.
    As a West Virginian/Virginian, I concure. We certainly are not in the most tolerant of places, but then again, neither are we persecuted for sexual orientation or...personal quirks. My heart goes out to the plight of people just like me, but are under even more social scruiteny than the most conservative corners of North America. I have to say, that it took balls for this to be published in a land ruled by the far Right. And yet, the implications could be disasterous for other abdl minorities..but well, those are civil and human rights for you, I suppose. Very fitting, considering it's MLK day in the States...or was a few hours ago, I guess.