Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning mattress.

Default Cleaning mattress.

I don't have any idea where to post this, but I figure this would be the best spot.

It's kind of a jumble how this all happened, so I'll just go over what happened yesterday.

I bought some diapers, they were a bit too small, but they still fit, even if they were a tight fit. So I decided to use them.

The first two I used to gauge how much it could hold. I overfilled the second one and got my couch a bit damp. Wasn't had to clean up.

I wore a 3rd one to bed last night, and I wet it one less time than I did on the second, and I woke up to find a huge wet spot on my bed!

I don't know why it leaked, but it did.

I've been going at it with a towel for about 5 minutes, and I think it's stained.

I'd perfer not to flip my mattress over either since the other side has a rip on the fabric, so the foam below it is exposed.

I figured that the best place to ask this would be here, because it's on topic (bed is wet) and I figured you guys would be experts on this.

I've been trying various things online, but they aren't really that effective.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I decided it was best just to flip the mattress for now. Though that didn't help much with the stain or my mental anguish. I'm going go back to sleep, but please, I'm open to suggestions.

Well, I don't really think there is a way to get the stain out. But using something like a fabric cleaner and odor remover might work as far as the smell and maybe a little of the stain. Also some pet store urine remover stuff might work as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Yeah it got the stench out, but the stain is still there.
    I've heard that once a stain is in a mattress, it doesn't come out..
    Please tell me this isn't true.

I really can't add more help for your stain problem, but for future reference most diapers don't hold nearly as much laying down, most diapers don't have the best leak guards at the top. I've had that problem before, it seems like just one wetting and the bed gets wet too. Good luck in getting the stain out.

I leaned my lesson about lying down and wetthing, but thanks for the tip anyways.
    The thing is, unless I wet while I was sleeping, I didn't wet while lying down. So either I wet the bed or the diaper leaked.
    Whatever was the case, that's in the past, I just hope I can get this stain out.

I almost forgot to mention it leaked out the side, not the front like it typically does.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    Last edited by miles; 18-Nov-2008 at 16:03.

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Yeah it got the stench out, but the stain is still there.
    I've heard that once a stain is in a mattress, it doesn't come out..
    Please tell me this isn't true.
    Um, I really don't know. I have had to deal with leaks before, and so far...the stains don't come out sorry. I'm sure there is some way to get most of it out though.

Well, that's not that great. Oh well.
    If I just dwell on this all it'll do is make me more stressed out.
    Thank you for the suggestions.

Ebn14

i went out and bought absorbent mattress pad thingies. now i never worry about having a wet bed!

For future reference, use a cover or something...Why not put sheets over your bed? That should hide it...Or just say you spilled something else...Or even you accidentally wet the bed...It's not that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    For future reference, use a cover or something...Why not put sheets over your bed? That should hide it...Or just say you spilled something else...Or even you accidentally wet the bed...It's not that big of a deal
    I usually used my blanket as a sheet of sorts while I used my comforter as my main blanket, but my room is warm so I put out of my room.

I guess the best thing to do would be to buy sheets, I don't even have an idea of why I was so stressed out earlier.

I guess to me wetting the bed is that big of a deal.

Whatever, it'd done and over with. Sitting here and worrying about it won't help.

Nothing more can be done I guess, so I'll just have to live with it.

Thank you for all the help guys.