Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a question

Default I have a question

Well I don't have a job just yet but hopfuly I will soon. Anyway my q is this can you be fired from a job because of a leaky diaper?

Ps keep in mind that it may have destroyed somthing valubale or hurt the company's image.

Default I have a question

This would depend on a number of factors I believe. First, it would depend on the state and the employment laws in that state. The other thing which may be the biggest issue is if the person is incontinent. You can't be fired because of a disability. I would say this, and I'm not a lawyer, just someone who took a lot of law classes. If it is a right to work state and you aren't medically disabled, they probably could. If you'd be able to sue for wrongful termination, I'm not sure.

Being fired simply because you're incontinent or for wearing diapers is hardly something to be worried about, but if it were to leak, I think there might be an issue. I remember hearing about somebody who was clearly incontinent but refused to wear diapers or do anything about getting fired since they kept messing themselves at work without even cleaning up after themselves, and while you seriously can't fault someone for firing that person, I think similar reasoning could be used against diapered people too if their diapers were to leak.

You could get fired for a leaking diaper. People get fired for far less.

Odds are that they will just laugh and make fun of you though.....

Also, if you are fired for wearing an undergarment that you did not expose on purpose (such as wearing just a diaper and no pants.) You have a case against them and should be able to collect unemployment.

Wow that's some good responces so if I do get a job and decide to wear to work the bottom line is I better make sure that my diaper doesn't leak.

Thanks for all the responces both now here to come.

Technically speaking you could be fired for any reason, or even worse the dreaded no reason. Of course this doesn't make it legal, but each state is different.

It is nearly always the case that if a reason is given, especially if they tell other prospective employers, the reason must be absolutely true.

If you are incontinent or have another disability you can still be fired, but it would be illegal for them to fire you for any reason related to your disability. You could still be fired for other reasons. This would not stop them from firing you because if the disability, but if this were the case you would have a very powerful recourse.

Wearing diapers to work can be tricky because it is possible things could go wrong. I personally avoid the situation unless I know I will have privacy, and I have had a couple of jobs where I was ale to wear at work. If there is a risk of embarrassing myself, my employer, or creating any kind of problem I would just not do it. If you must wear make sure you are wearing premium diapers, plastic pants may be a really good idea, and change when you need it.

Honestly, if we were face to face and you asked me this question as a friend I would say don't do it unless you are prepared to loose the job and permanently risk your reputation. We all know how hard jobs are getting to find anyway. Still it would break my heart to say this because I know how important the diapers are you.

Since diapers are sexual for me, I can't imagine wearing them to work. I have no desire to be sexually turned on by my diaper while I'm either teaching at school, or directing my church choir! It just seems to me that diaper wearing is a personal thing, and should be done on one's own time, not on the clock of the institution or business which is paying you to do your job. I can also assure you that I would be pissed (okay, pun intended) to sit down on a fabric chair, and be wet from someone else's piss. If I was the boss, I would fire you.

If you have no medical need for diapers, and ended up shaming the company or destroying property because your diaper leaked, then I should think it's entirely legal, and even expected that you would be fired for that. Hell, I'd fire someone for that.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    This would depend on a number of factors I believe. First, it would depend on the state and the employment laws in that state. The other thing which may be the biggest issue is if the person is incontinent. You can't be fired because of a disability. I would say this, and I'm not a lawyer, just someone who took a lot of law classes. If it is a right to work state and you aren't medically disabled, they probably could. If you'd be able to sue for wrongful termination, I'm not sure.
    I am sure if the person had poor hygiene and didn't take good care of their problem, they can still get fired and it would fall under poor dress code or poor hygiene or something. You do need to be groomed for work and be clean. But that would mean they were fired for poor hygiene, not for having a medical condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraKuwabara View Post
    If you have no medical need for diapers, and ended up shaming the company or destroying property because your diaper leaked, then I should think it's entirely legal, and even expected that you would be fired for that. Hell, I'd fire someone for that.
    Only if you knew they don't have a medical condition to wear.

seen it once, by a person in total denial, he did get fired for poor hygene.. he refused to wear any protection when it was patently obvious he needed it, 3 write ups and 6 months later, he was let go. all in all he was a bit rediculous, hell I even offered help, which he refused, it was sad to see..

on the other hand, I have not been to work not diapered in the last 8 years, except for a bout 3~4 incedents involving me leaving from work early, it hasn't been an issue.